LeFlume

All Star
Will Chris Duhon give up his #1 jersey to Tracy McGrady?

Duhon is currently wearing number one. T-Mac have played his whole carrer with it. Are there any rules about the numbers in the NBA?

p0nder

Starter
good question> I know that in the past people have gone to great lengths to keep their number. Some players will go as far as paying other players to switch the number after a trade... so we'll see.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer

Duhon is currently wearing number one. T-Mac have played his whole carrer with it. Are there any rules about the numbers in the NBA?

I really think Mcgrady deserves that number, Duhon should really not have a choice in the matter especially if T-MAC ponies up some cash.

LeFlume

All Star
McGrady changed his number to 3, and I believe that is what he will wear.

That is correct. He changed it to promote his documentary about Darfur "Three Points" . You are so right Mr Black. But Starburys old number??? That is cursed....

Paul1355

All Star

I vote McGrady to have #1 because he will be one of our best players once he starts getting minutes on this team...Duhon should be 0

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Yeah most probably rocking the "3", unless he wants to change his number again to signify a new start or like he did when he changed it to 3.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The #3 and #34 should be retired numbers and unavailable in honor of John Starks and Charles Oakley. They meant so much to us in the 1990's that only cared about winning. Not these punks that have worn the Knicks jersey over the past decade!

metrocard

Legend
Eh

Oakley and Starks were just elite role players...no offense to them. I don't think you retire their numbers.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Eh

Oakley and Starks were just elite role players...no offense to them. I don't think you retire their numbers.

You don't have to be a Superstar to get your number in the rafters! For what Oak did from 1988-1998 and Starks from 1990-1998 they deserve to have nobody else ever wear those jerseys.

As far as McGrady wearing it, well he will only be here for a few games, he's washed up.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
The #3 and #34 should be retired numbers and unavailable in honor of John Starks and Charles Oakley. They meant so much to us in the 1990's that only cared about winning. Not these punks that have worn the Knicks jersey over the past decade!
Could make a very strong case for them no doubt, However if anyone deserves to have their number raised to the rafters its Bernard King... Just my opinion..