Spree

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/54564p-51126c.html
L.A. has had internal discussions about trading for the Knicks' small forward, even running his name by a certain center who had trouble getting his shot off against Yao Ming.
No word on what it will take to get Sprewell, although the two Lakers mentioned, Derek Fisher and Samaki Walker, add up to only $4.5 million in salaries. That's about $8 mil shy of Sprewell, so more players would have to go to the Knicks.

Fisher and Walker???
that's just unacceptable!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
damn, i tought nobody was interested in trading for spree...
i totally disagree with this one, it would have been better that rose trade

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
this is the stupidest thing i ever heard..
i just can't imagine spree wearing a laker jersey...
swiff, why do you think it won't happen?

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
he's more like to be a sixer :(
The Knicks are shopping the 6-5 Sprewell because their three aims are to get younger, get longer and obtain a player or players with shorter-term contracts at less than maximum. The Sixers' Keith Van Horn fits the first two criteria but not the financial one. Van Horn is making $12M this season - similar to Sprewell - and has one more contract year. That extra year is a crucial factor in the new way of Cablevision thinking, with James Dolan facing a $40 million luxury-tax bill this summer.
http://media.nykfan.8k.com/news/0203/02/11.html
do you think that a spree-van horn trade would be acceptable for the knicks??

allan20

Benchwarmer
NO WAY!!
that would be the stupidest trade ever, after the ewing one
van horn has some good rebounding, but spree is a better 3 pointer
now when he plays so well and unselfishly we want to trade him?
tipically layden!
it better be just a fake rumor :evil:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
good point there.. i agree
i also believe we shouldn't do any transactions till the end of the season

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
"I just want to be known that I played hard, did what I had to do to help the team win," Latrell Sprewell said when asked how he'd like to be remembered as a Knick.
"Anyone who's seen me play here pretty much understands that."
Tonight, Sprewell could be playing his final Garden game as a Knick.

this makes me feels so bad..., it's kinda depressive.. anyway he will be remebered as one of the best players we ever had, as a player that made history in NY
i still hope it won't happen, but if it does, i hope we get somebody who can replace him

allan20

Benchwarmer
if anybody remembers last season end, there were all kind of rumors about trading spree, but in the end he remained a knick
search in the old archive and youll see
2002-05-04: Lee Spiked for NBA Lottery Picks
2002-04-21: Shooting From the Lip: Dunk Chaney, Not Spree
2002-04-21: Season the Lights Went Out
2002-04-18: Latrell, Dolan Confer
2002-04-18: Scott's Summer Job
2002-04-17: For a Change, Knicks Will Hold Line
2002-04-17: Spree's Fine Mess
don't know if the links are still working, but you can figure it out from the titles

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
fresh news:
layden eyes pau gasol instead of keith van horn
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/30543.htm
NY POST said:
Sixers GM Billy King has confirmed he's still interested in Latrell Sprewell, but the Knicks aren't jumping at any Keith Van Horn deal, feeling they need more. If Sprewell does go - and chances are growing slimmer - Layden wants a first-round pick included and the Sixers don't even have one this season. Larry Brown reportedly has Othella Harrington and Charlie Ward on his radar, so a Sixers' deal would probably include multiple parts and teams.

According to a source, Philly is seeing if they can include 7-1 center Stanley Roberts as a throw-in piece in a package via sign-and-trade. The Sixers have until Monday - the end of the 30-day window - to sign him to a contract or he becomes a free agent.

Layden has set his sights higher than Van Horn, notably toward Memphis center Pau Gasol. But getting Gasol seems a huge longshot. Every team is lining up at Memphis' door since word got out Grizzlies GM Jerry West is at least listening to offers for Gasol. Supposedly, West likes Poland's raw and rarely used 7-2 prospect Cezary Trybanski so much, he's exploring a Gasol trade. Layden's edge is he has among the best relationships with West and they talk frequently.

allan20

Benchwarmer
Trade rumors continue to swirl around both the Blazers and the Knicks as Wednesday's trade deadline loomed. The most talk was centered on whether New York would deal Latrell Sprewell. ``I can't speak for everybody, but I've tried to just focus on the road trip and keep us in good playoff position,'' Houston said about the distraction. ... Knicks reserve center Michael Doleac, who went to high school at Portland's Central Catholic, earned a warm round of applausewhen he entered the game.
http://media.nykfan.8k.com/games/0203/game52.html
there are still reasons to worry, right?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
msnbc.com said:
The Knicks have a matter of hours to decide whether to trade Latrell Sprewell, and the decision depends on what the team wants for a future. If it’s continued mediocrity and an impossible payroll situation, keep him. If it’s a chance at a decent future three or five years down the road, get rid of him.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/874400.asp?0ql=c9p&cp1=1
i disagree with this one
i no we have to rebuilt, but do we really have to deal spree? is this the only way?
i'm starting to think more and more about a sprewell farewell

6thman

Benchwarmer
no it's a bad solution to trade Spree!! NY need him!!
and we can also rebuild with spree!
PLEASEEE layden wait for next year!! then NY will be there!!

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
spree is a gonner!!!!
The Knicks are willing to move Sprewell, but Layden, the team president, has made it clear to his fellow executives that he wants an All-Star caliber player in return.
source: Daily News

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
sprewell, arrested

NEW YORK (AP) -- Latrell Sprewell of the New York Knicks was arrested at a police checkpoint Thursday after officers discovered he was driving with a suspended license.

Sprewell was pulled over at the base of the West Side Highway while driving his vehicle at about 10 a.m. He was taken to the 18th Precinct, where he paid a fine and was released after less than two hours, a police spokesman said.

Sprewell's license had been suspended after he failed to answer a summons for failing to signal, Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz said.

The team will not take any disciplinary action against Sprewell, who is expected to be in uniform for Friday night's game against the Orlando Magic, Supranowitz said.