Thunder @ Knicks 2/20 7:30

How do you think McGrady will do tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpz17

Starter
vs
Oklahoma City Thunder @ New York Knicks
(31-21, 15-11 away)|(19-34, 12-17 home)

New York, New York
msg_night_lg.jpg

jpzthread.png

Good Evening! Welcome to another Jpz Knicks pre-game show! Tonight the Knicks play the Oklahoma City Thunder. This means Kevin Durant will be at Madison Square Garden, but that isn't the biggest story for tonight's game. The biggest story is the new look Knicks. The Knicks recently made two trades over the deadline. One trade with Minnesota, one with Boston and one with Houston/Sacramento.

Let me recap the Knicks trade deadline moves:

Coming:

532.jpg

#3 Tracy McGrady
nyk_logo.gif

3025.jpg

#13 Sergio Rodriguez
nyk_logo.gif

348.jpg

Eddie House #50
nyk_logo.gif

3429.jpg

J.R. Giddens #4
nyk_logo.gif

3464.jpg

Bill Walker #5
nyk_logo.gif

Going:
Larry Hughes
Nate Robinson
Marcus Landry
Darko Milicic
Jordan Hill
Jared Jeffries

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION
Thunder-101
okc.jpg

Knicks-109
nyk.gif

There is no way T-Mac and the Knicks will let themselves lose tonight. T-Mac will have 15-20 points and will lead them to victory.

Oklahoma+City+Thunder+v+New+York+Knicks+1uA9joQoQ0Ol.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

THUNDER
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
3468.jpg
3028.jpg
3202.jpg
3209.jpg
1719.jpg

WESTBROOK---SEFOLOSHA---DURANT---GREEN---KRISTIC

KNICKS
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
2377.jpg
532.jpg
3194.jpg
308.jpg
2772.jpg

DUHON---McGRADY---CHANDLER---HARRINGTON---LEE

NYK1011_TICKETSAVAILABLE_300X125.jpg

A series of salary-shedding trades have the New York Knicks in position to court two star players this summer, while auditioning another for the next two months. The Oklahoma City Thunder sure are glad one New York can't get is Kevin Durant.
The new-look Knicks will have recent acquisition Tracy McGrady in the starting lineup Saturday night when they face Durant and the red-hot Thunder at Madison Square Garden.New York (19-34) has long been reported to be preparing for a free-agent spending spree this summer with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh expected to headline the list.The Knicks made it abundantly clear that's the plan before Thursday's trade deadline, making three deals that would leave them with about $32 million in salary cap space in July. Players such as James, Wade and Bosh would each make a little more than $16.5 million in the first season of a new contract."I think that's probably what everything the last few years has been about, getting cap room and setting ourselves up for the summer and trying to create a better atmosphere," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "There's a lot of things that we want to do, but a major component is creating as much cap space as we can."Proving how much they're gearing toward a big splash in free agency, the Knicks got McGrady solely because his bloated contract expires at the end of the season.McGrady, meanwhile, will attempt to prove he's still capable of being a star after joining New York in a three-team, nine-player deadline trade with Houston and Sacramento. New York also sent fan-favorite Nate Robinson to Boston in a five-player deal, a day after trading Darko Milicic and cash to Minnesota for Brian Cardinal, who is expected to be released.McGrady, a two-time scoring champion, played only six games with the Rockets this season while recovering from microfracture knee surgery."Physically I feel good, but then again I haven't played in a year and a half," McGrady said. "Even the eight minutes I was playing, you really can't get a feel of how long I can play. But yeah, I think I'm ready to go."The seven-time All-Star will get his first chance to impress the Knicks on Saturday, while also attempting to help them avoid their longest losing streak since a season-high six-game slide from Nov. 4-13.Their skid reached five Wednesday with a 115-109 loss to Chicago, getting swept in the home-and-home set by a team they're expected to compete with in free agency.While the Knicks are struggling to remain competitive, Durant has the Thunder (31-21) in the thick of the playoff race. They've won seven in a row for their longest streak since a nine-game run from Nov. 5-19, 2004, when the franchise was the Seattle SuperSonics.Durant had 25 points and 14 rebounds Tuesday to help Oklahoma City beat Southwest Division-leading Dallas 99-86."We're on a nice streak right now, but they're a humble group," coach Scott Brooks said.Durant has averaged 32.1 points and 8.9 boards during the win streak, and he's scored at least 25 in 26 consecutive games. That streak includes a 30-point effort in a 106-88 home win over the Knicks on Jan. 11 -- the Thunder's fifth victory in the last six meetings. -ESPN
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Last 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">OKLAHOMA CITY (ET)</td> <td width="50%">NEW YORK (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>Feb 16 DAL Win 99-86
Feb 09 @POR Win 89-77
Feb 06 @GS Win 104-95
Feb 03 @NO Win 103-99
Feb 02 ATL Win 106-99
</td> <td>Feb 17 CHI Loss 115-109
Feb 16 @CHI Loss 118-85
Feb 09 SAC Loss 118-114
Feb 06 @CLE Loss 113-106
Feb 05 MIL Loss 114-107
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<object id="as_300220018" data="http://a.espncdn.com/swf/nba/accuscore_nba.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="352" height="259">

</object>OKC 66% Favorite to win

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????
color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: Tracy McGrady
tmac_knicks_uniform1.jpg

All eyes will be on McGrady tonight. We will finally see him in action and I think we might be impressed. Don't freak out if he isn't great tonight. He hasn't exactly played a live game in months. Give him a few weeks.

it.jpg

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b804910c1b08cd1/4ae79454fc224b41/26edc8cf/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314b804910c1b08cd1" width="300" height="387">

</object><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b80492469c7a36a/4ae794649489f096/9cee8b99" id="W49022a98586964144b80492469c7a36a" width="289" height="260">

</object>Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicksssss!
jpzthread.png

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BaljP1rFOwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
nice thread jpz :thumbsup:

i'm madd hyped right now. sergio and t-mac can turn this season around for us. at least enough to improve on last season's win total.

LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!!!

LETS GO SERGIO!!!

ITS TIME FOR DUHON'S DOWNFALL!!!

1e663c8a56c066aadf3d596f756ce8d2-getty-83006872fm037_knicks_magic.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I look forward to seeing Tracy McGrady in action. Hopefully he does a crazy highlight dunk.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
It will be great but for example Antawn Jamison missed all shots and gets 5 blocked, so Tracy must have unusuall ability to adapt in new team to shine bright in first game but who knows, evt possible :gony:

skisloper

Starter
If Duhon is benched for Sergio either at the start or by the 2nd quarter then Kudos to D'Antonio....

Garden should be an uproar when McGrady is announced.....Imagine how pumped McGrady will be....

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I'm excited although hard to expect anything too amazing without much time for new players to work together, but let's hope! Great thread JPZ I always love your threads and your optimism, but this part killed me right off the bat...

"The Knicks recently made two trades over the deadline. One trade with Minnesota, one with Boston and one with Houston/Sacramento."

spiegel8

Rookie
2 hours till tip off. 2 hours till the resurgence of mcgrady begins.New era is dawning for the knicks and they're fans. :afro:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It took some big trades a new found hope for better future to finally see a nice game thread again instead of those one liners. Good job JPZ and let's hope the Knicks put up a good game tonight. D'Antoni already said that McGrady will start and let hope Sergio follow suit either tonight or the next game.

I would like to see a line up like this:

Sergio Rodriguez / Chris Duhon
Tracy McGrady / Toney Douglass
Wilson Chandler / Johnatan Bender
Danillo Galinari / Al Harrington
David Lee / ???????

:gony: Let's go KNICKS :beer:

smokes

Huge Member
Great thread jpz... to be honest i don't expect us to win this one, new team hasn't had any time to gel together and OKC are on a big win streak, plus we don't have anyone that can stop Durant unless Tmac plays some extreme D. However if we do win it will be a massive game for us, lets go Knicks!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Nice job on the thread JPZ. Can't wait for the game tonight. Will be interesting to see the game plan from now till the end of the season. You never know, only "8" games behind 8th spot. Let's try to play hard and make that push.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Nice job on the thread JPZ. Can't wait for the game tonight. Will be interesting to see the game plan from now till the end of the season. You never know, only "8" games behind 8th spot. Let's try to play hard and make that push.

Only "8" games out, what do you think this is baseball? What push? Season is over kid...8 games with 28 remaining is impossible to climb over in NBA. There are not three or four game series during the regular season in basketball, our only chance was to beat Chicago back to back but we lost both games. That was a 4 game swing!

Last edited:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Only "8" games out, what do you think this is baseball? What push? Season is over kid...

I guess you didn't get the quotation marks. I was trying to be sarcastic. But you never know. 29 games left in the season. Teams can lose while others winning can change the rankings.

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Gallinari is starting not Harrington. Nice detailed game thread though.

Good I rather see Gallo start and either Chandler or Harrington be the 6th man.

8 games out are alot with 29 games left. Even if we win 18 games that will only leave us with 37 wins which won't be enough. Dam we need to go like 21 and 8 to make the playoffs. :crossfingers:

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
It's a wonderful feeling to have hope again!! I think it will be quite a fantastic game actually, with the Knicks coming out on top by 6+ points. I expect T-Mac to put up 12 points in about 30 minutes, Lee will be outstanding, Duhon.......will be Duhon, Gallo will have that extra spark today. Oh, what a night :)