The team to beat.....if D'Antoni was gone

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
No longer can we put up with this. What good will come out of having D'Antoni stay around? If anything, it will only end up hurting our chances, especially when we go after free agents and transactions. Look at how he handled the game today. It was just atrocious.

We had the hottest of hot shooters, passers, and defenders out there today....until Chandler started getting into the action. He sits Duhon, which was a great move, but leaves Chandler in. Did he not see that Chandler couldn't do anything? Did he see that Chandler threw the win away with his fouls, missed shots, botched passes, and failed defensive coverage? We sure as hell saw it.

There clearly was no play set up on that last possession, you know, the one that could have tied the game. He just does not have a handle on this team, and it's killing any chance of success.

I really am sick of him suppressing the potential of this team. No player, or players, will bring this team into a championship run while we have this maniac behind the wheel. He looks like he hasn't even taken the 5 hour drivers course. (Sorry for that metaphor, but I had to)

Let's here it guys!

ANU

Starter
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
He couldn't coach his way out of a battle while commanding a million Spartans who are immortal and have god-like abilities. He would still find a way to lose the battle, and I bet he wouldn't even set up a plan with his final push towards the enemy.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I've been ignoring OGKnicks and ABCD's arguments, but The name Patrick Ewing sounds pretty damn good right about now.

The only time will Mike's choking stop is if we have LeBron.

and if we do have Lebron, with 5 seconds to go against a team, and we give the pass to WILSON ****ING CHANDLER, then we can riot MSG.

mafra

Legend
I agree. Unless we have Lebron James, or Chris Paul (2 SUPER STARS, who dominate the ball)... there's no reason to have this idiot coach our team.

Imagine if the championship was on the line?

Up by 3. 12 seconds left. He doesn't foul?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I agree. Unless we have Lebron James, or Chris Paul (2 SUPER STARS, who dominate the ball)... there's no reason to have this idiot coach our team.

Imagine if the championship was on the line?

Up by 3. 12 seconds left. He doesn't foul?

New York City would eat him alive.

knicksin60

Starter
Be careful what you say about D'antoni on this website.He has a group of followers that look up to him as the most sacred Knick coach in the Knicks' 60 year history.These people think that with Lebron James he will win 10 championships for the Knicks.

ANU

Starter
Be careful what you say about D'antoni on this website.He has a group of followers that look up to him as the most sacred Knick coach in the Knicks' 60 year history.These people think that with Lebron James he will win 10 championships for the Knicks.
there's like 2 people who love mike here.almost everybody here knows he blows.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
But really guys, should it come down to bringing in a superstar just so that D'Antoni is wooed into giving him the ball? It's like we are talking about a wild animal instead of a person. Bring in a huge piece of steak and maybe he will train the cubs right. Why not just get rid of him if it takes two max contracts to make up for his inability to do anything?

mafra

Legend

His system STUNK in DEN; did well in PHO b/c Stern CHANGED THE RULES.

He just doesn't understand BBALL 101.

ANU

Starter
this team will not be taken seriously with him as a coach.a player like james knows exactly what it takes to win, and mike is not that coach.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
What would Isiah do...?

The real question is, what WOULDN'T he do?! He would do everything and anything that is not beneficial, and then attempt to come up with a reasonable explanation for why he did it, even though it is obvious that he just plainly f#@ked up. AKA, D'Antoni. It scares me to say that D'Antoni is actually a better coach than Isiah, but........they really are two of a kind. They are both clown faces from the circus that Donnie Walsh had a crush on when he visited the Big Apple Circus.

knicksin60

Starter
His system STUNK in DEN; did well in PHO b/c Stern CHANGED THE RULES.

He just doesn't understand BBALL 101.

D'antoni stinks, the only reason why he's here is because he coached Steve Nash, Amar'e Stoudemire and the Olympic team.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Wow, I gotta say, the Knicks looked good today. The trades really helped this team out. Eddie House is that type of player we need to energize this team.

D'antoni's offensive system with the players we had looked better than ever, (Harrington looked shook out there). Chandler looked awesome. T-Mac played well. But the end of game execution is ridiculously poor.

Why is it that the ball moves so well all game and at crucial times the ball goes no where. Where are the picks, where are the penetration kickouts.

Now Larry Brown had difficulty making the Knicks move the ball during the game but at the end of games his execution was still good with terrible teams. D'antoni seriously need to come up with better plays.

If Mike got fired it won't bother me. I felt there's no need for firing him yet cuz of our 7 different coaches in 9 years. But he may have to be our 8th if his end of game execution continues to be so poor.

But this is a real issue. Coaches in the NBA really need to foul if they're up by 3 at the end of the game.

Mike can't help you here buddy. Get it together.

mafra

Legend
Wow, I gotta say, the Knicks looked good today. The trades really helped this team out. Eddie House is that type of player we need to energize this team.

D'antoni's offensive system with the players we had looked better than ever, (Harrington looked shook out there). Chandler looked awesome. T-Mac played well. But the end of game execution is ridiculously poor.

Why is it that the ball moves so well all game and at crucial times the ball goes no where. Where are the picks, where are the penetration kickouts.

Now Larry Brown had difficulty making the Knicks move the ball during the game but at the end of games his execution was still good with terrible teams. D'antoni seriously need to come up with better plays.

If Mike got fired it won't bother me. I felt there's no need for firing him yet cuz of our 7 different coaches in 9 years. But he may have to be our 8th if his end of game execution continues to be so poor.

But this is a real issue. Coaches in the NBA really need to foul if they're up by 3 at the end of the game.

Mike can't help you here buddy. Get it together.

This is obvious. B/C every coach out there knows exactly what D'ant is going to do. He has like 3 plays. Notice how fooled Knicks were and how Durant had one guy on him? Meanwhile, other teams send doubles at our guy and D'ant's play is blow up from the start?

It's coaching. Better players tongiht, but same result? So much for the talent excuse we've heard for 2 more years.

I'm telling you: Just wait until we get stars and we get bounced in the 2nd round. People will finally call for Mike's head!

Blumatic

Rotation player
This is obvious. B/C every coach out there knows exactly what D'ant is going to do. He has like 3 plays. Notice how fooled Knicks were and how Durant had one guy on him? Meanwhile, other teams send doubles at our guy and D'ant's play is blow up from the start?

It's coaching. Better players tongiht, but same result? So much for the talent excuse we've heard for 2 more years.

I'm telling you: Just wait until we get stars and we get bounced in the 2nd round. People will finally call for Mike's head!

You know what....That scared the sh** outta me. Bounced in the second round.