The team to beat.....if D'Antoni was gone

Blumatic

Rotation player
This is obvious. B/C every coach out there knows exactly what D'ant is going to do. He has like 3 plays. Notice how fooled Knicks were and how Durant had one guy on him? Meanwhile, other teams send doubles at our guy and D'ant's play is blow up from the start?

It's coaching. Better players tongiht, but same result? So much for the talent excuse we've heard for 2 more years.

I'm telling you: Just wait until we get stars and we get bounced in the 2nd round. People will finally call for Mike's head!

I was on the Talent Excuse Bandwagon. Which I feel is still relevant. We improved alot but, this team is a .500 team now. We need some defensive players. Lee and Chandler have done well under D'antoni so I think he can develop players. During the game he's a good coach. People say his substitution patterns are bad but when your team is losing you try to find something that will click. Larry Brown had an NBA record of 42 different starting lineups as the Knicks coach.

It's not all coaching. You need a good team, and when I say team you need a point guards runs and offense and shooting guard who shoots. PF and Center that play on the post. And a Small forward who does it all.

Before Thursday our pg was crappy, we had no 2 guard, all our forward play the same, and we had no bigs. A team has players that compliment each other no matter how talent the team may be.

Can you imagine a starting line up with Shaq at 1, Dwight Howard and 2 Duncan at 2 , Garnett at 4 , and Ilguakas at . Talented bunch but they dont compliment each other.

Though are team is better it is still flawed.

Thinking about though D'antoni was brought in here for entertainment purposes only. Walsh knew that we were gonna suck for two years, he said it. Once this team is ready Walsh will get in D'antoni's here.

So patience is a virtue folks. Our team is coming. A coach will follow. And u can forget about Van Gundy. He is one of the worst offensive coaches I've ever seem. Those Rocket teams were so bad.

You say D'antoni cant coach without a pg. Van Gundy can't coach without a center. Its funny how he left right after Ewing and came onto the seen when Yao showed up.

I like you better on tv Jeff.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
It seems to be a popular internet message board activity to bash coaches and demand that they be fired.

Fire D'Antoni? And hire who? Herb Williams?

If you think Phil Jackson or Pat Riley or ANYBODY else would have this team in the playoffs then you are kidding yourself.

ACHlLLES

Rookie
It seems to be a popular internet message board activity to bash coaches and demand that they be fired.

Fire D'Antoni? And hire who? Herb Williams?

If you think Phil Jackson or Pat Riley or ANYBODY else would have this team in the playoffs then you are kidding yourself.

The game they lost yesterday was coaches fault.

Had foul to give, and poor execution on a play that ends in Chandler's shot. T mack didn't even touch the ball in the execution btw. Come on.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
D'Antoni ran those plays for Gallo and Chandler that cost us the game, they looked planned. Why T-Mac didn't get the ball, during either possession, as either a shooter or passer, is on D'Antoni.

As for Herb Williams, I'd let him coach over D'Antoni, if for nothing else for the millions in salary we'd save by not having to pay D'Antoni. For the same price, Williams would get you the same result.

Ewing, on the other hand, has actually played in the league, not in Northern Italy, not that that counts for anything with you guys. He has coached for 8 or so seasons and would have got us a better player than Gallo: D'Antoni's nephew, likely Brook Lopez.

And House said it all, during the post-game conference, when he stated that D'Antoni "just lets you play." I want a coach that tells the players what to do, as opposed to just letting them play.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Wow, I gotta say, the Knicks looked good today. The trades really helped this team out. Eddie House is that type of player we need to energize this team.

D'antoni's offensive system with the players we had looked better than ever, (Harrington looked shook out there). Chandler looked awesome. T-Mac played well. But the end of game execution is ridiculously poor.

Why is it that the ball moves so well all game and at crucial times the ball goes no where. Where are the picks, where are the penetration kickouts.

Now Larry Brown had difficulty making the Knicks move the ball during the game but at the end of games his execution was still good with terrible teams. D'antoni seriously need to come up with better plays.

If Mike got fired it won't bother me. I felt there's no need for firing him yet cuz of our 7 different coaches in 9 years. But he may have to be our 8th if his end of game execution continues to be so poor.

But this is a real issue. Coaches in the NBA really need to foul if they're up by 3 at the end of the game.

Mike can't help you here buddy. Get it together.

I'll be honest, I was interested in reading this post. But once I got to:

Chandler looked awesome.

I immediately stopped and wrote this. Were you high during the game?

TunerAddict

Starter
lol at internet posters thinking they are better coaches then professionals.

Players league man. Coaches don't mean shit 90% of the time.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I'll be honest, I was interested in reading this post. But once I got to:

I immediately stopped and wrote this. Were you high during the game?

I misspoke. He did looked in the beginning, but then he tried too hard. That spin move will be his downfall. But 1st half, Wilson was on.

Blumatic

Rotation player
lol at internet posters thinking they are better coaches then professionals.

Players league man. Coaches don't mean shit 90% of the time.

I agree it is a players league. And you do need players. But the end of game execution is mostly on the coach. Thats my onely beef with Dant.

But if Dant is gone, who should we pick up. I would love to pry away one of Phil Jackson assistant coaches. That triangle offense would be awesome here.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I agree it is a players league. And you do need players. But the end of game execution is mostly on the coach. Thats my onely beef with Dant.

But if Dant is gone, who should we pick up. I would love to pry away one of Phil Jackson assistant coaches. That triangle offense would be awesome here.

How about Mark Jackson. I am not for getting rid of coach already because has alot more to offer than what he has shown so far. But our next coach should be Mark!!!!!

jpz17

Starter
No longer can we put up with this. What good will come out of having D'Antoni stay around? If anything, it will only end up hurting our chances, especially when we go after free agents and transactions. Look at how he handled the game today. It was just atrocious.

We had the hottest of hot shooters, passers, and defenders out there today....until Chandler started getting into the action. He sits Duhon, which was a great move, but leaves Chandler in. Did he not see that Chandler couldn't do anything? Did he see that Chandler threw the win away with his fouls, missed shots, botched passes, and failed defensive coverage? We sure as hell saw it.

There clearly was no play set up on that last possession, you know, the one that could have tied the game. He just does not have a handle on this team, and it's killing any chance of success.

I really am sick of him suppressing the potential of this team. No player, or players, will bring this team into a championship run while we have this maniac behind the wheel. He looks like he hasn't even taken the 5 hour drivers course. (Sorry for that metaphor, but I had to)

Let's here it guys!
Not true. All the free agents said they would LOVE to play for D'Antoni. Every play that doesn't play for him loves him

mwm78

Rookie
I agree that Mike D' makes some strange choices but I think it is more of the lack of talent that he has been given since his arrival. I understand that he should have used the foul against Oklahoma but I think he left it up to the players to make it happen and they didn't get it done. Mike seems to have a great reputation around the league so I am going to wait until he actually has the talent to win before judging his abilities as he was very successful in phoenix ( Nash and Staudamire helped ) but I think he can win in NY if given the right players.