Man I'm Hoping We Don't Get LeBron

BRKA

Rookie
lmfao im dying...imagine bron bron on 'newark nets'. personally i hate lebron, hes cocky as shit and dances entirely too much -_- (id def rather have melo next year and bosh with a bunch of role players).

but we play in the garden not in an old train station across the street from a target and a wild wings in fort greene hahahaha

lmao i walk by the place all the time smh..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well put. Regardless of how much we like pipe dreams, the reality is that no team in the NBA wins a championship without a superstar. We need a superstar, and though I love T-Mac, I don't think he's quite at that level anymore.

But LeBron? I think so.

kidtelex

Rookie
Well put. Regardless of how much we like pipe dreams, the reality is that no team in the NBA wins a championship without a superstar. We need a superstar, and though I love T-Mac, I don't think he's quite at that level anymore.

But LeBron? I think so.
What about the pistons not too long ago?

clumsy

Rotation player
What about the pistons not too long ago?

Do we have a team where every player plays D like Charlotte right now......And i would say Rasheed was a superstar back then.

Also i don't like those odds....1 out of the last 20 NBA champions didn't have a superstar...

bayejorl

Benchwarmer

But LeBron? I think so.

Well, while it's true what you are saying, the Kings of 2001/2002 should have won the ring if they weren't robbed in last game in conference finals against the Lakers. They hadn't any superstar, they were just the most amazing team basketball engine the NBA has seen in years. I'm waiting to see a team like that wining the ring, and I guess if it's in a big market like NY, Stern would allow it to happen.

I also get what people are trying to say about not signing LeBron. I love and hate the guy. I think he's the better player the league has seen since Jordan, he's an athletic freak with an absurd high bball IQ. But he's completely classless. He doesn't reach KG's level of classlessness, but I don't know why I even prefer KGs attitude, I think it's so exagerate that it's very funny. Hopefuly I think the new coming generations of superstars (Chris Paul, Durant, Tyreke Evans) are making a fresh beginning and finishing the Allen Iverson legacy of gangsta-like, classless, egomaniac stars.

I'd take Wade over LeBron, but I'd sign him anyways if the chance it's there. But I understand what people say here.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Don't get me wrong, if there were some way we could draft a player like John Wall and use him as the core to rebuild our team, I'd love to.

But the reality of it is that our organization can't afford to just tank it and wait on the draft until we draft the next big superstar especially when we could get the best player in the game through free agency. You don't pass up a chance to get LeBron, and you don't pass up the chance to finally make our team a respectable one again. I'm tired of us being in the gutter, and I'm tired of us being the joke of the NBA.

ANU

Starter
nope. I'd stick with patrick. Jordan can go eat a d*ck

right.this is how you prove you're a real fan? smfh.nobody even liked patrick in his prime, the fans and media was always on his case now everybody acts like he was treated like a king here.the **** outta here.mike as a bull got more love than patrick did HERE and anybody who remembers that far back knows that's the truth.

p0nder

Starter
I dunno I remember a lot of love in MSG for Ewing.... especially in the twilight of his career as we battled for a championship.... Still Jordan did get the majority of love around the world.

ANU

Starter
right.this is how you prove you're a real fan? smfh.nobody even liked patrick in his prime, the fans and media was always on his case now everybody acts like he was treated like a king here.the **** outta here.mike as a bull got more love than patrick did HERE and anybody who remembers that far back knows that's the truth.

I dunno I remember a lot of love in MSG for Ewing.... especially in the twilight of his career as we battled for a championship.... Still Jordan did get the majority of love around the world.

keywords.i think everyone appreciated him a lot more in the twilight of his career...

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
keywords.i think everyone appreciated him a lot more in the twilight of his career...

What the are you talking about....in Ewing's Last years as a Knick he was booed at the Garden. Most talk radio guys/callers wanted to run him outta town.

It is why i don't listen to most Knick fans...and why my friends who root for other teams say we don't even deserve a superstar. I am dying for a day we get even close to the level of someone like Lebron at teh garden.

clumsy

Rotation player
I'd say 1/2 of the knicks fans didn't show love for Ewing until he was gone and realized what kind of respectability he single handedly brought to this franchise.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I understandd both views. I personnaly would rather see D'antoni and Walsh build a team like the celtics. No one player sticks out but ALOT of good players. At one time KG was the man, but hes a PF. And Pierce and Allen have always been well respected, allen the gallo, and pierce the chandler, mcgrady. With rondo and robinson there covered at point.

Anyways look at the cavs, they cant win without lebron. Even with Jamison(I would have kept my 7 3 center in ilgauskus) but theyll get him back.
That being said lebron is obviuosly an excellent player. Arguably the best in league (kobe, wade). If Lebron came to New York, us Knick fans would be extremely grateful for our 6 championships, but other fans would state that it was all lebron.

My lineup next year goes as followed

PG- Tony Douglas, Rodriguez... PG needs the most work
SG- Mcgrady- depending on March,April... take a shot at Wade
SF-Chandler--he will be a star one day; needs to be unleashed
PF- Chris Bosh...needs to be our number one target
C- Dan Lee...i hope we keep him.. 20+ point 11+ rebounds hes keeping us alive, and is complimented by mcgrady...f.e saturday

6th man- Gallo, he may be my favorite knick but hes been playing rather sloppy. esp. against the bulls.

Bender will develop into a decent sub

Harrison- needs discipline, otherwise excellent offensive weapon

House- Debatable stay...looked like a great addition on sat

curry-i.r

everyone else needs to never see playtime, esp. duhon

KingCharles34

All Star
Id like to see Lebrick not come to new york and never win a championship...

Lebronze lost
bron.gif

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
I understandd both views. I personnaly would rather see D'antoni and Walsh build a team like the celtics. No one player sticks out but ALOT of good players. At one time KG was the man, but hes a PF. And Pierce and Allen have always been well respected, allen the gallo, and pierce the chandler, mcgrady. With rondo and robinson there covered at point.

Anyways look at the cavs, they cant win without lebron. Even with Jamison(I would have kept my 7 3 center in ilgauskus) but theyll get him back.
That being said lebron is obviuosly an excellent player. Arguably the best in league (kobe, wade). If Lebron came to New York, us Knick fans would be extremely grateful for our 6 championships, but other fans would state that it was all lebron.

My lineup next year goes as followed

PG- Tony Douglas, Rodriguez... PG needs the most work
SG- Mcgrady- depending on March,April... take a shot at Wade
SF-Chandler--he will be a star one day; needs to be unleashed
PF- Chris Bosh...needs to be our number one target
C- Dan Lee...i hope we keep him.. 20+ point 11+ rebounds hes keeping us alive, and is complimented by mcgrady...f.e saturday

6th man- Gallo, he may be my favorite knick but hes been playing rather sloppy. esp. against the bulls.

Bender will develop into a decent sub

Harrison- needs discipline, otherwise excellent offensive weapon

House- Debatable stay...looked like a great addition on sat

curry-i.r

everyone else needs to never see playtime, esp. duhon

.......did you just call him Dan Lee?

ANU

Starter
What the are you talking about....in Ewing's Last years as a Knick he was booed at the Garden. Most talk radio guys/callers wanted to run him outta town.

It is why i don't listen to most Knick fans...and why my friends who root for other teams say we don't even deserve a superstar. I am dying for a day we get even close to the level of someone like Lebron at teh garden.
i watched basketball games.i didn't read the paper or listen to the radio, he got plenty of love towards the end of his career imo i remember thinking trading him to the sonics was stupid and blasphemous, but i was 15, so what the **** i did i know.

clumsy

Rotation player
i watched basketball games.i didn't read the paper or listen to the radio, he got plenty of love towards the end of his career imo i remember thinking trading him to the sonics was stupid and blasphemous, but i was 15, so what the **** i did i know.

ya....not insulting you or anything just saying i don't understand the mindset of certain NYK fans...

It's not like the Yankees fans can claim they won it all with Just Jeter, Posada, Petite, and Mariano. Sure they were big parts of the championship run....but what about Free Agent Paul O' Neil, Tino Martinez, etc.... Roger Clemens? etc etc etc.