Lol

jpz17

Starter
Ohio is right that is they win the championship he will resign. But.... the chances of that are........... slim....

Scribbles

Rotation player
Hahaha....

These past few days have been the best ever as Knicks fans. :gony:

Everything is falling apart for CLE and falling together for NY.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I really do not understand the Jamison move at all!

I heard David Aldridge state that this move was to acquire a player who is going to make Paul Peirce work on both ends of the floor....problem is they already have that in Lebron, 2. Twan was never know to be a great defender, 3. He would be matched up against Garnett who gives Jamison nightmares when they play against one another.

He does spread the floor for Lebron with his ability to hit shots, but I still dont get this move. This simply was a plea to Lebron that they will do anything to keep him.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
They've been 0-3 since the trade. Jamison hasn't had the impact that everyone was predicting.

i guess give em time, they messed with their chemistry ( even though they only lost Z ) they added new players and they're still getting accustomed to each other...........but........more they lose better for us haha

johnstarky

Rotation player
Have I been seeing things or are Cleveland fans the biggest bandwagoners in this country? I remember how when the Cavs were an average team they would play inside an empty arena.As soon as they became one of the best teams in the NBA, all of their fans came out to cheer for them.Even when the Cavs are playing on the road they'll be thousands of Cavs fans wearing Lebron James jerseys and filling up the arenas of opposing teams.

They use to behave the same way towards the Cleveland Indians more than a decade ago.In the mid to late 90's, the Indians were selling out every home game and many of their fans would make trips to Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium whenever the Indians played games in those places.But as soon as the Indians started turning into a losing team, Jacob's field was a ghost park, Cleveland fans stopped making long trips to other ball parks, and the Indians had very few fans cheering for them.

I always criticize many NY fans for being bandwagoners, but at least we have enough fans to support our teams during difficult times.The Knicks don't need to be one of the best teams in the NBA or have one of the best superstars in order for Knick fans to come out and support them.I know many people cheer for Lebron James and Kobe Bryant whenever they come to MSG but most of those people aren't Knick fans to begin with; those people are the bandwagon fans of the Cavs and the Lakers who will be jumping off their bandwagon after they become irrelevant.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
i guess give em time, they messed with their chemistry ( even though they only lost Z ) they added new players and they're still getting accustomed to each other...........but........more they lose better for us haha

Losing Z is a pretty big deal. He might just be one player, but he was the longest-tenured Cavalier and had pretty close ties to the team so losing him is...well, yeah.

In any case I don't think Jamison really does much for them. Dwight Howard proved that earlier today, and quite frankly I don't see how adding Jamison makes them all that much better - if anything, they haven't won a game since the trade, so...

p0nder

Starter
ahahhahahahahahahaha this made my day.

I think they should of stayed pat at the trade deadline. "If it ain't broke, don't break it."

Not that Jamison isn't a good player, just that they had the best team in the NBA at the time, why mess with that?

As for the bandwagon Cav's fans. Most of the cav's fans are really just lebron fans, unless they are actually from cleveland/Ohio.... Previously, when was the last time the Cav's were relevant? Before Lebron I remember Big Z being there and players looking to dunk on him (made for good posters, Shawn Bradley had retired). That was as relevant as they got... That's as relevant as they'll be after this season.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Losing Z is a pretty big deal. He might just be one player, but he was the longest-tenured Cavalier and had pretty close ties to the team so losing him is...well, yeah.

In any case I don't think Jamison really does much for them. Dwight Howard proved that earlier today, and quite frankly I don't see how adding Jamison makes them all that much better - if anything, they haven't won a game since the trade, so...

i agree thats what im saying they messed with chemistry and now they needa redo that chemistry pretty much

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

I heard David Aldridge state that this move was to acquire a player who is going to make Paul Peirce work on both ends of the floor....problem is they already have that in Lebron, 2. Twan was never know to be a great defender, 3. He would be matched up against Garnett who gives Jamison nightmares when they play against one another.

He does spread the floor for Lebron with his ability to hit shots, but I still dont get this move. This simply was a plea to Lebron that they will do anything to keep him.

I couldn't agree more. What I find fascinating is how the national sports media just ate the move up as being the best decision in the history of the world. I still don't see how this team is ever beating the Lakers in a 7 game series and I could easily see them getting beaten by either Orlando or Boston.

Last edited:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
i agree thats what im saying they messed with chemistry and now they needa redo that chemistry pretty much

You have the best record in the NBA before the Trade deadline. Were a a long winning streak, why would you take the chance? I thought Hickson was really doing good for them, why the desperate need to bring in a another PF? I know they think that their chances are better but honestly if they don't get Z back that's going to be huge. Z did everything from passing, spreading the floor, rebounding, hitting the shot and defending.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
You have the best record in the NBA before the Trade deadline. Were a a long winning streak, why would you take the chance? I thought Hickson was really doing good for them, why the desperate need to bring in a another PF? I know they think that their chances are better but honestly if they don't get Z back that's going to be huge. Z did everything from passing, spreading the floor, rebounding, hitting the shot and defending.

Yep. And the idea of making a trade when you have the best record in the league and you are on a 13 game winning streak is remarkably idiotic.

nyk_nyk

All Star

There you go. I helped you understand what you already knew.
:beer:

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Yep. And the idea of making a trade when you have the best record in the league and you are on a 13 game winning streak is remarkably idiotic.

I agree, and I don't understand it at all. But on the other hand, who would pass up an opportunity for Jamison? I liked seeing Jamison with the Wizards, and I've always felt like he could turn that team around and lead them in the right direction. With Cleveland, it won't be a challenge if LeBron stays. He's a natural leader on the court, that's gone from him now.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I agree, and I don't understand it at all. But on the other hand, who would pass up an opportunity for Jamison? I liked seeing Jamison with the Wizards, and I've always felt like he could turn that team around and lead them in the right direction. With Cleveland, it won't be a challenge if LeBron stays. He's a natural leader on the court, that's gone from him now.

Well, Jamison is certainly an excellent player and I absolutely understand the temptation to go get him from a Cavs point of view . . . Having said that, I'm a huge believer in team chemistry and cohesiveness and my attitude would always be to leave the team with the best record in the NBA in tact. I had similar feelings when Phoenix traded for Shaq two years ago. At that time, it was Phoenix who had the best record in the West (For my many D'antoni haters on this message board, he was the coach!) and yet they still felt the need to tweak their lineup. The vast majority of people thought it was a brilliant move for the Suns and I thought it was a disastrous one . . . Although my feelings aren't as strong as they were in that case, I was not a proponent of the Jamison trade (form a Cleveland point of view) when it was first being discussed. We'll see how it works out.