Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Because he said if we had just added Brook Lopez we would have "steam-rolled the whole East" last year.

If Lopez was that good of a player, the Nets would have a much better record. And Carter and Harris were on the Nets last year. How come they didn't "steam-roll the whole East" last year. Unless ofcourse you think D'Antoni is that good of a coach?

Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

Brook Lopez looks up and coming to me, though.
And his shotblocking, rebounding, and low post presence is much needed on the Knicks.

And you don't have to win championships to be considered elite.
Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Chris Bosh, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams are all considered elite players at their positions and have a combined 0 NBA championships.

Brook Lopez's sophomore points, rebounding, and shotblocking numbers are very similar to Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas' sophomore season averages.

Brook Lopez(sophomore season): 19.1 ppg, 8.9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks
Pau Gasol(sophomore season): 19.0 ppg, 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 blocks
Yao Ming(sophomore season): 17.5 ppg, 9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(sophomore season): 15.2 ppg, 8.8 rebounds, 1.4 blocks
Zydrunas Ilgauskas' second full 81 game season: 17.2 ppg, 7.5 rebounds, 1.9 blocks

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion.

Brook Lopez looks up and coming to me, though.
And his shotblocking, rebounding, and low post presence is much needed on the Knicks.

And you don't have to win championships to be considered elite.
Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Chris Bosh, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams are all considered elite players at their positions and have a combined 0 NBA championships.

Brook Lopez's sophomore points, rebounding, and shotblocking numbers are very similar to Pau Gasol, Yao Ming, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas' sophomore season averages.

Brook Lopez(sophomore season): 19.1 ppg, 8.9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks
Pau Gasol(sophomore season): 19.0 ppg, 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 blocks
Yao Ming(sophomore season): 17.5 ppg, 9 rebounds, 1.9 blocks
Zydrunas Ilgauskas(sophomore season): 15.2 ppg, 8.8 rebounds, 1.4 blocks
Zydrunas Ilgauskas' second full 81 game season: 17.2 ppg, 7.5 rebounds, 1.9 blocks

I am not arguing that Brook Lopez is not a good player. I think he is good and will develop into a very good player. I can't say he will be elite just yet but he looks promising. But to think that Lopez would have turned us into a dominating team in the east is just silly. Even you can agree to that.

Should we have drafted Lopez instead of Gallo? As of now, yes. But I still think Gallo will be a very good player as well. That draft didn't bother me as much as the last one.