Rudy misses Sergio

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rudy Fernandez, Real Madrid Share Mutual Interest

Real Madrid wants to sign Rudy Fernandez following the current season. Fernandez is reportedly uncomfortable in Portland and would be amenable to a return.

Fernandez appeared open to the idea when interviewed by Eurosport.

"Right now, in this situation, I don't rule out anything," said Fernandez. "Because I just want to play. I don't mind where."

Fernandez spoke of the difference in not playing beside Sergio Rodriguez.

"Last year we had a different team and at least I had Sergio, who understood my game. I have noticed a change this year. I don't get the ball as much and the system is different."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a..._fernandez_real_madrid_share_mutual_interest/

If we resign Sergio we should go after Rudy. We need a SG and he would be a good compliment player to a max contract player like Lebron or Bosh. It would be a shame if he leaves to play in Europe.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Rudy is being misused in Portland, as every player of the roster except Brandon Roy. Man, what's the matter with McMillan? I didn't want to believe he was an awful coach only b/c he didn't gave time to my country mates as the ****ing spanish press suggested, but after seeing the completely predictable and awful playoff series they did, and seeing again how a beast like Andre Miller was benched in favour of Steve Blake, I'm starting to think he's retarded. Dear Nate, Brandon is great but he's not LeBron. You still don't get it, do you?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I would love to target Rudy this offeason and think he is an underrated and underutilized true SG with great size and scoring ability. Depending on what players we acquire, I think Rudy would be a perfect pickup at a relativity cheap price. It could free us up to trade CHandler in a package for a defensive center.

PG- S- rod (or other PG)
SG- Rudy
SF- Lebron
PF- Gallo
C- Bosh

I am pretty sure we have space to get that done. Further we could do it in two steps waiting to use Curry's contract at next years deadline along with Chandler to get the big we all covet.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Anyway, appart from being true he's not happy in Portland (these are his words), the Real Madrid issue is not trustable at all. Spanish press it's all on Real Madrid in a retardly sensationalistic politic. They were all the summer saying Rubio would come to RM for sure and he ended in Barcelona. Not to say when it's about futbol...Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo were coming for sure to RM since three years ago before they finally came...

The only reason of seeing Real Madrid and Rudy in the same article it's because Real Madrid lost the Kings' Cup final by a huge difference last sunday against Barcelona, and they're making a smoke curtain to talk about anything else.

I don't believe he would come back to Europe that easily.

I've been saying this the whole season.
Even wrote it on one of the CRACOLI's summers of Mark or Pau IIRC against the Blazers...

Rudy should be at the Knicks too. I hope they could get him somehow, as D'Antoini likes him too. I consider him as one of the best SG if he used correctly.

But it not D'Antoni or maybe 2 more coaches, would be fan if Rudy will play at Europe... I really like the European basketball. But I know that bayejorl won't like it...

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Of course any press from websites like Marca.com has to be taken with a grain of salt.

But at the same time, I don't believe Rudy Fernandez is happy in Portland either. He'll be playing second string to Brandon Roy as long as Roy's on the team (so, forever?), and Rudy's talents are being underutilized in Portland. He'd love to play in Mike D'Antoni's uptempo system who fits him pretty well, and to re-unite him with Sergio Rodriguez? I think he'd fit in GREAT here.

If we retain McGrady, though, what do we do with Fernandez? If we don't give Rudy regular playing time he won't sign with us. Is it possible we might be better off using McGrady off the bench kinda like how we used Latrell Sprewell back in the days when we were good?

That we we could have T-Mac off the bench as a swingman and have a rotation like such:

PG - Sergio Rodriguez
SG - Rudy Fernandez
SF - Gallo
PF - LeBron
C - Bosh

Bench:

T-Mac
Toney Douglas
...some more guys that I don't know right now

Point being that we can do a lot. With the cap space that we have, the world is our oyster. Furthermore, if we sign two max contracts we can expect to be able to sign additional players a discounted salaries - I'm sure Rudy Fernandez would take a discount to play with Sergio Rodriguez and LeBron James

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
I have a question for american fans... Do you see McMillan as a good coach?

I'm a Sergio fan and I hate how he buried him, but I can understand Sergio doesn't fit a deffensive/3-point shooter PG role. But people like Bayless, Rudy, Andre Miller, are or have been absurdly misused and buried too...Brandon Roy is a great, great player, but he's not LeBron. It's ****ing damn stupid having a one-man offense around him.

iSaYughh

Starter
I would love to target Rudy this offeason and think he is an underrated and underutilized true SG with great size and scoring ability. Depending on what players we acquire, I think Rudy would be a perfect pickup at a relativity cheap price. It could free us up to trade CHandler in a package for a defensive center.

PG- S- rod (or other PG)
SG- Rudy
SF- Lebron
PF- Gallo
C- Bosh

I am pretty sure we have space to get that done. Further we could do it in two steps waiting to use Curry's contract at next years deadline along with Chandler to get the big we all covet.

Exactly. We are going to have a combo of a pick+chandler+curry (+ even douglas), to acquire the big we crave. We are primed to do this. Gasol? Thabeet? Randolph? Okefor? The possibilities are excellent, and we even then shift Gallo to our 6th man (siiiiick).

PG Serg
SG Rudy
SF Lebron
PF Bosh
C Gasol
6th Gallo

Is that not heaven on earth?

Btw, for those who didn't fallow the Blazers at the previous season, here is the best summery of Blazers previous season. Sergio didn't play a lot, and also when did it wasn't always with Rudy (at the first half of the season it was usually with him but later for some unclear reason it changed), but look how much highlights they had together of all Blazers highlights:

And they even didn't put everything. This one for example isn't there:
They forgot some plays like this one (what you cannot see here is that they had 6 seconds of the whole attack):

And you also can find some plays of them from World Championship 2006

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Of course any press from websites like Marca.com has to be taken with a grain of salt.

But at the same time, I don't believe Rudy Fernandez is happy in Portland either. He'll be playing second string to Brandon Roy as long as Roy's on the team (so, forever?), and Rudy's talents are being underutilized in Portland. He'd love to play in Mike D'Antoni's uptempo system who fits him pretty well, and to re-unite him with Sergio Rodriguez? I think he'd fit in GREAT here.

If we retain McGrady, though, what do we do with Fernandez? If we don't give Rudy regular playing time he won't sign with us. Is it possible we might be better off using McGrady off the bench kinda like how we used Latrell Sprewell back in the days when we were good?

That we we could have T-Mac off the bench as a swingman and have a rotation like such:

PG - Sergio Rodriguez
SG - Rudy Fernandez
SF - Gallo
PF - LeBron
C - Bosh

Bench:

T-Mac
Toney Douglas
...some more guys that I don't know right now

Point being that we can do a lot. With the cap space that we have, the world is our oyster. Furthermore, if we sign two max contracts we can expect to be able to sign additional players a discounted salaries - I'm sure Rudy Fernandez would take a discount to play with Sergio Rodriguez and LeBron James

If it's a choice between Rudy and TMac, I would take Rudy. Rudy would be for building the future. TMac doesn't have a future. I really hope he doesntt have a great season and we resign him. It would be a complete waste. Trust me. He doesn't have much longer before he is physically done in the NBA. He could barely play 50 games a season when he was healthy and young.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Anyway, appart from being true he's not happy in Portland (these are his words), the Real Madrid issue is not trustable at all. Spanish press it's all on Real Madrid in a retardly sensationalistic politic. They were all the summer saying Rubio would come to RM for sure and he ended in Barcelona. Not to say when it's about futbol...Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo were coming for sure to RM since three years ago before they finally came...

The only reason of seeing Real Madrid and Rudy in the same article it's because Real Madrid lost the Kings' Cup final by a huge difference last sunday against Barcelona, and they're making a smoke curtain to talk about anything else.

I don't believe he would come back to Europe that easily.

Nice to see other fans of European basketball here. I watch Spanish league and Euroleague basketball all the time.

I`ve said many times on this forum that I`d love to see Rudy as the Knicks shooting guard, I think he is one of the most talented players in the league who is stuck behind an all star so he doesn`t get enough minutes. If we could get Rudy then we`d be set for our SG for years to come.

I wish I lived in a country where basketball meant something. We have a league in Britain but it is tiny and nobody in the press here covers it at all.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We'll see on T-Mac. T-Mac might sign for the bi-annual exception if we bring in guys like Rudy, LeBron, and Bosh. If we sign LeBron and Bosh to max contracts, we could use the MLE to re-sign Sergio and sign Rudy Fernandez, and then use the bi-annual exception to re-sign McGrady, and then trade Wilson Chandler + cash for a defensive center if we want to.

Gives us:

PG - Sergio Rodriguez
SG - Rudy Fernandez
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - LeBron James
C - Chris Bosh

Bench:
Toney Douglas
Tracy McGrady
Wilson Chandler

What a team that would be, hm?

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
LOL I love this forum. I read fantasy lineups with Sergio and Rudy and LeBron and they're not coming from spanish people. Too good to be true...

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
LOL I love this forum. I read fantasy lineups with Sergio and Rudy and LeBron and they're not coming from spanish people. Too good to be true...

New York knows quality basketball and don't care where it comes from. wish they were Puerto Rician or Dominican instead of Euros, jk.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We'll see on T-Mac. T-Mac might sign for the bi-annual exception if we bring in guys like Rudy, LeBron, and Bosh. If we sign LeBron and Bosh to max contracts, we could use the MLE to re-sign Sergio and sign Rudy Fernandez, and then use the bi-annual exception to re-sign McGrady, and then trade Wilson Chandler + cash for a defensive center if we want to.

Gives us:

PG - Sergio Rodriguez
SG - Rudy Fernandez
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - LeBron James
C - Chris Bosh

Bench:
Toney Douglas
Tracy McGrady
Wilson Chandler

What a team that would be, hm?

The MLE and Bi-annual are not available to us because we are under the cap.

I would much rather have Rudy than TMac.

TheSkaBoss

Rookie
Real Madrid wants all players. In soccer, in basket.. A rumor of the past summer was that Real Madrid would sign ex-celtics Gerald Green. **** MARCA!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Rudy would be a very good acquisition, he has been excellent for Spain in the World Championships and Olympic Games: hit a lot of big jumpers. I'd like to see more off-the-dribble stuff from him, though. With a better coach, e.g., Lenny Wilkins, he would flourish.

Sergio is competent at PG: he can pass and lead fastbreaks good enough for me. Rudy might be starter material, I don't know. I would probably play him off of the bench, first, though. If he's good, I'd start him at SG or SF, with whomever we pick up: Joe Johnson, Lebron or Gay (most likely we'll have to take Gay).

My real concern is a big man: Bosh or bust, in my opinion. But we'll probably end up with Stoudamire. Thanks, D'Antoni.