My Dream Off Season

If I was gm this is how I would do things in the summer of 2010.

First move is to get rid of Eddy Curry, that means packaging Wilson Chandler or Danillo Gallinari and maybe a 2nd round pick. Lets say we let Wilson Chandler go. I think some prospects to look to trade for include Roy Hibbert and Ty Lawson to name a few. In this case I like Hibbert because of his size, age, and defensive presence.

NY: Eddy Curry+ Wilson Chandler+ 2011 2nd round pick
for
Ind: Roy Hibbert.

Hibbert has a 1.5 mill contract long term. I hope Indiana would shop him and take the versatile chandler to attempt to put some light into there awful offense. We would gain about 11 million more in cap room.

Now is the 2010 NBA Draft. We have 2 second rounders, one should be real early, one in the early middle.
1. Dexter Pittman C Texas. Hopefully he drops to us in rd 2 with the clippers pick, may not have great stamina but he will be a bench player anyways not seeing too much time.
2. Scottie Reynolds PG Villanova. more of a two guard, great off ball player, yes he will be perfect with Lebron, and I can say this because as I said it is the perfect off season.

Free Agent's: We have 11.5 million in owed salaries in 2010 after dumping Curry.
Gallo 3 mill, Sergio 2 mill, Hibbert 1.5, Giddens/douglar/walker 1 mill each. and now Pittman and Reynolds will be about 1 mill each. That gives us about 47 mill in cap space.

Lebron James signs a max deal at 22 mill I believe a yr.
Now we have 25 Mill to spend we sign
Carlos Boozer for 15 mill a year, no its not David Lee, but a gritter player and better defender is what is important. We have 10 mill to spend. We target RANDY FOYE, not sure how the MLE works but 10 mill should be enough. Hopefully Lebron Gets him.

Pg: Sergio Rodriguez, Tony Douglas
Sg: Randy Foye, Scottie Reynolds
Sf:Lebron James, Bill Walker, JR Giddens
Pf:Carlos Boozer, Danillo Gallinari,
C: Roy Hibbert, Dexter Pittman

Dantonis 8 man rotation

Serg, Foye, Lebron, Boozer, Hibbert

off the bench: Gallo, Douglas, Pittman.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Curry's contract is going to be very valuable next season, it isn't worth trading Gallinari just to get rid of him......

and how would ur trade work under the cap? does indiana have the cap space to take on curry?

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Nice break down of your dream.

Should D'Antoni let Curry play if he comes back in March just to showcase for a draft or summer trade or just wait till next trade deadline?

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Nice break down of your dream.

Should D'Antoni let Curry play if he comes back in March just to showcase for a draft or summer trade or just wait till next trade deadline?

It doesn't matter, if he plays him he'll play 5 minutes of one game with 1 point and 3 rebounds then need surgery on his knees for the next 9 months anyways

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
It doesn't matter, if he plays him he'll play 5 minutes of one game with 1 point and 3 rebounds then need surgery on his knees for the next 9 months anyways

3 rebounds? What planet are you on? I'm surprised the biggest Eddy Curry hater on this site would give him so much credit. More like .5 rebounds, if hes lucky lol.

And this thread is highly unrealistic. You newbies making yourselves look foolish.

Eddy Curry for Roy Hibbert? Where does the other 11 mill come from? You think Indiana would do that? Make things a tad bit more realistic if your gonna make a thread about it, hence why there are only 3-4 replies.

petescud

Starter
Thanks...Thought it was 1975 all over again.....Stoned

3 rebounds? What planet are you on? I'm surprised the biggest Eddy Curry hater on this site would give him so much credit. More like .5 rebounds, if hes lucky lol.

And this thread is highly unrealistic. You newbies making yourselves look foolish.

Eddy Curry for Roy Hibbert? Where does the other 11 mill come from? You think Indiana would do that? Make things a tad bit more realistic if your gonna make a thread about it, hence why there are only 3-4 replies.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
My dream off season would consist of getting only one superstar this year...

Lebron James

Then save the rest of the cash for the following offseason where we can acquire Durant.

Also firing D'antoni would be great.