The Takeover!

Red

TYPE-A
In an excerpt from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...i_gene&page=wojciechowski/100223&sportCat=nba

But if James, Wade and Bosh truly want to make history, they could do the unthinkable and split the Knicks' $33 million three ways. It would cost them salary money, but can you imagine how much they'd make on the back end if they started reeling in NBA titles? In New York?

I know the chances are slim to none but can you imagine?

Finally I would like to point this contradiction out...

How come some people say...

"players will only go to a team that has a chance to win, but then in the same breath say, players go where the money is- there's no layalty".

Well which is it?

The league would sh*t bricks if this were to happen. Not to mention their hate for NY would multipy x 1000!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I know this is off topic, but when I saw your thread title the first thing that came to my mind was Jay-Z.

Paul1355

All Star
In an excerpt from ESPN:

But if James, Wade and Bosh truly want to make history, they could do the unthinkable and split the Knicks' $33 million three ways. It would cost them salary money, but can you imagine how much they'd make on the back end if they started reeling in NBA titles? In New York?

I know the chances are slim to none but can you imagine?

Finally I would like to point this contradiction out...

How come some people say...

"players will only go to a team that has a chance to win, but then in the same breath say, players go where the money is- there's no layalty".

Well which is it?

The league would sh*t bricks if this were to happen. Not to mention their hate for NY would multipy x 1000!
i read that possibility in an article...being how money hungry professional sports player are...i doubt this would happen...but it is a logical choice if money is on their mind.

All of the endorsements...commercials...everything would be about those tree guys.

Those three would be 5 times what Pierce, Garnett, and Allen were in Boston.

That would only work if those three guys sat down, discussed it and actually agreed on it lol players are too selfish with wanting their own max deals.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I was going to pst something way before this article came out.

Is it about winning or is about money?

There have been some success stories with athletes and coaches sacrificing money to win. Saints coach Sean Payton sacraficed $250k of his salary one year so the team could sign a coordinator Payton wanted to badly.

Peyton Manning redid his contract to get paid less so that they can get more talent.

Sacrficing for a championship is to sacrafice everything. I think if Wade and Bosh go for max in their respective franchises, they won't win in their prime (which is now). Lebron may win, he just has to run into the Mavericks in the Finals.

The Raptors will never go anywhere in that market. Toronto never gets a big signing. Turgoglu maybe but pffffffttttt.

I think if Bosh and Wade sign for long deals with their teams as is, then it was about the money. Winning comes with endorsements. If Bosh came to NY he would get more endorsements. So money is no problem in the big markets or if your'e a huge star.

The Knicks have the most cap space. But to sign 2 players to max deals andd leaving on little to fill outthe rest of the roster sound a bit difficult.

Say what you want about Dolan but he's no afraid to spend money. He may be willing to pay the luxury tax to build a team. Many owners are not willing to do that. (Not sure if the rules allow a team to just go ahead and sign players and go over the cap, gotta look it up to be sure).

I am very interested to see what kind of players we got in this league. Even if they dont sign with us. But if they sacrafice money to winning a decade's worth of championships then I can't hate if the win them. But I can't see why they would'nt chose NY. Celtics and Lakers have their chapionship god like players(Wilt, Russell, West, Magic, Bird). Even Chicago (Jordan). If they do it in NY our 70s team will take back seat.....many rows down.

So if winning a ridiculous amont of rings is what they want to do and do it in grand fashion, NY is the is the place and most importantly the oppurtunity to do it.

Our time is coming.

knicksin60

Starter
I will be one disappointed Knick fan if Bosh ends up with the Miami Heat.The last thing that we need to watch is another era in which the Heat dominate while the Knicks continue to stink.

Goodfella

Rookie
This was already answered in a article I posted, but this was some of what it said, which goes along with this thread.

The Three-Dream Team Scenario

This scenario is extremely unlikely, meaning we must now question everything we know about the laws of the universe unlikely, but it is still not one I'm willing to dismiss until I at least propose it with a reserved trademark on the moniker.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would all sign with the Knicks (3) while splitting up whatever cap room (likely $34M) is available in any which way they choose.
They can split it up equally three ways as if they were a rock band power trio like Cream, Nirvana or Green Day. Or maybe LeBron can take less while Wade and Bosh take more money, under the premise of LeBron having more to gain on the back end (borrowing a movie term) and also because he is likely to have the longer career because of his physical gifts and younger age.

this is hilarious.
NEver gonna happen
scrap it and move on
ITs beyond anything money or winning related, its about personal self reflection and ego.
you think jordan before he won his first title would have signed with the celtics to play with bird.. no he wanted to kill bird. they were best friends but he wanted to eat him alive.
Lebron wants to eat wade alive, he wants to demolish carmelo, and he wants to shit all over bosh any chance he gets.
Last thing he wants is for his legacy to be remembered as they guy who fell flat on his heels as an individual so he sold out and jumped on the knicks bandwagon to win by default.

im sorry but kevin garnett will never be remembered in the same way based on his running to the celtics for an auto title/ i give more respect to pierce who worked his way from the bottom up to win nba finals mvp.

Karl malone winning a title with the lakers that year...didnt happen but if
no one would care, I respect stockton more for retiring in utah.

I remember when the celts were pushing hard for reggie miller, and he said im not going to do that im comfortable, meaning im not gonna come off the bench win a title for a make shift title contender, and lay all my laurels on that as being the epic moment of my career.

Ewing resigned with the knicks after repeated failures in NY only to say i want to win here because this is my team

IF lebron comes to NY he is going to sit down with walsh and say i want these kind of players here
but i want this to be my team my legacy my town and my world

if its any other way he will go back to CLV and say thanks guys where do i sign.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
All three will never happpen. I really hope we dont sign 2 max contracts this summer. My reasoning behind this is becusase 2 players will not win us a championship. Look at the last decade with the Pistons, they had no real superstars but they had reallly really good players. They obtained these players for a really cheap price and were able to have a SOLID "5". Along with the starting lineup they had a pretty well put together bench. With that bieng said, if lebron is as smart as we think than he will sign with the knicks before they get any1 knowing once he signs you can get players like Lee to sign for a reasonable 10mil, and other free agents for cheap.

By getting lebron we can bank on players to sign in NY to make a complete TEAM, not a team made up of 2 stars and 8 scrubs.
I've watched this team be so bad for too many years now. A quick fix with 2 max players is not the answer I can be patient a bit longer.

Also lets not forget about 2011 and currys fat a** contract.

Paul1355

All Star
This was already answered in a article I posted, but this was some of what it said, which goes along with this thread.

The Three-Dream Team Scenario

This scenario is extremely unlikely, meaning we must now question everything we know about the laws of the universe unlikely, but it is still not one I'm willing to dismiss until I at least propose it with a reserved trademark on the moniker.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh would all sign with the Knicks (3) while splitting up whatever cap room (likely $34M) is available in any which way they choose.
They can split it up equally three ways as if they were a rock band power trio like Cream, Nirvana or Green Day. Or maybe LeBron can take less while Wade and Bosh take more money, under the premise of LeBron having more to gain on the back end (borrowing a movie term) and also because he is likely to have the longer career because of his physical gifts and younger age.
If we did not have Curry than that would acutally be possible...this is what's sad...Curry takes up over 60% of our total salary next year.

Just thinking about this is like teasing a dog with a juicy piece of meat...i can dream of this but it will prob never happen.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You bring up the Pistons as an example of a team that's won due to having a solid starting five without any big stars.

I'll bring up the Spurs (which was either Parker/Duncan or Robinson/Duncan), the Heat (Wade and Shaq), the Lakers (Kobe/Shaq and then Kobe/Gasol), the Celtics (Garnett/Pierce/Allen, they had THREE stars), the Bulls (Jordan/Pippen), the Rockets (Olajuwon, and then Drexler for the second championship)...do I really need to go on?

When you ask the question "Do you need to have a superstar to win the NBA Finals?" the answer is overwhelmingly "uh, yeah, unless you somehow can pull a miracle out of your ass".

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Yeah idk about pulling thing out of my ass. But with Lebron alone we can make a better all around team. Signing him with a max leaves us with alot of money to build a team and some. I'll take ur example of the lakers, Kobe, gasol, bynum, ariza and more. Signing 2 max contracts leaves us little to no money to spend on the rest of the roster spots.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
But no star ALONE wins an NBA Finals. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, Wade had Shaq, Duncan has had Parker and Robinson, and hell, Batman had Robin.

We need a big name other than just LeBron James to have a shot at the finals. If all we have is LeBron and a bunch of roleplayers then we're the exact same as the 90's Knicks who came close but never won a championship because they hever had that #2 guy

But no star ALONE wins an NBA Finals. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, Wade had Shaq, Duncan has had Parker and Robinson, and hell, Batman had Robin.

We need a big name other than just LeBron James to have a shot at the finals. If all we have is LeBron and a bunch of roleplayers then we're the exact same as the 90's Knicks who came close but never won a championship because they hever had that #2 guy

exactly, every star needs its wingman. who will be our pippen?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I read this recently.

It's an attention seeking statement. An adult's fairytale.

If all 3 sign......

What's the point? There's more chance of Cheryl Miller's cock dropping off.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think if for the last 10 games Mcgrady proves he can still play at an all star level, (not superstar level) then I think it will make a world of difference.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
These guys have huge ego's. I doubt they're going to take a pay cut. But on the upside, damn if they all sit down and decide to become the greatest team of all time...

Snap back to reality, it's way too far fetched.