The Future of the New York Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Thats good to know, i dont know what i would do if u were mad at me :lol:

naaahhh but really, u should be mad at yourself. Dont disagree for the sake of disagreeing, say what u really feel. Deep down im sure u liked what Metro wrote alot. But since he has repeatedly sonned u, u feel the need to always disagree with him. Just let it go doggie, you're not a good poster.

I challenge you to a basket ball duel and anyone else that wants sum. I dare you to actually refute my points in this thread on their merits. It's not good enough for you to just assert I'm hating while ignoring all my valid points. Put up or shut up clown.

metrocard

Legend
You're the FIRST to come up with "Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing to do. "?

I'll put that statement to sleep right now.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42867&postcount=7

Old Dec 25, 2007, 14:18

3 years ago.

No one remembers your post...I dont even remember posting in your thread...you the least interesting read on this site unless you're on my meat stalking me.

We should have just stayed the course with the 03-04 team and just let contracts expire. Everyone seems to forget how well Marbury was playing with Nazr, Doleac and even Van Horn. Those are guys who are a perfect fit for Marbury. Things really started to go downhill when we traded for Crawford. I cannot recall any time when Marbury & Crawford actually played well together.

Check this out.

93524454jj2.jpg

15981672eb6.jpg

The 2003/04 situation wasn't really bad at all. Instead of making all those trades, we could have just tanked the 2003/04 season and maybe pickup Dwight Howard in the 2004 draft, then pickup Deron Williams next year and in 2005/6 we would have been a playoff team with no bad contracts.

We could have been on our way to contention in just 2-3 years if only Isiah would have chose to rebuild instead of all those idiotic mismatched trades.

and the rest of your post answers nothing, just you stalking my profile...my photography...my life...lol...how you ever going to be taken seriously in basketball discussion when you can't step away from the gay shit? No offense, but you fking gay my ngga...wtf is wrong with you? I should boricuabackhandslap you.

KingCharles34

All Star
I challenge you to a basket ball duel and anyone else that wants sum. I dare you to actually refute my points in this thread on their merits. It's not good enough for you to just assert I'm hating while ignoring all my valid points. Put up or shut up clown.
Well at the end of the day it comes down to personnel preference, but I think most of us on here dont really care to get Lebronze. Im with those who would prefer to build a team that can stop lebroom from winning a championship, as opposed to signing lebroom or wade, players that have been the face of other franchises before ours.

And 3 to 4 years is not our future...its kinda like when the smelltics got Garknotts and Ray Allen. Their future was Al Jefferson, but they gave up a guy that would be good for the next 10 or so years, in order to get some players that will be good for 3 to 4 more years.

U act like we're far away from being a playoff team and by not signing a big free agent, we will continue to suck for a long time. Give us a center that can block shots and rebound and just like that we can be a playoff team next year.

I dont really see u making many valid points, more like opinions, and ones that i dont agree with

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Wonderful...hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say what Isiah should have done after seeing the results. I was talking about what we should do MOVING FORWARD. Huge difference...Nice try, guy! :thumbsup: Not good enough though.

Yea and you can't refute the rest of my post because I'm right. You are advocating Plan C or D as a Plan A move. You fail, this thread fails and so does your poorly written blog.

Dude, dare me to prove how you have been stalking me from thread to thread. Like I said I will be glad to blow your thread up with your own stalker posts. It's clear you can't argue the merits of your original blog and I destroyed your thesis so why not...right? It must be getting you tight dog!

metrocard

Legend
Well at the end of the day it comes down to personnel preference, but I think most of us on here dont really care to get Lebronze. Im with those who would prefer to build a team that can stop lebroom from winning a championship, as opposed to signing lebroom or wade, players that have been the face of other franchises before ours.

And 3 to 4 years is not our future...its kinda like when the smelltics got Garknotts and Ray Allen. Their future was Al Jefferson, but they gave up a guy that would be good for the next 10 or so years, in order to get some players that will be good for 3 to 4 more years.

U act like we're far away from being a playoff team and by not signing a big free agent, we will continue to suck for a long time. Give us a center that can block shots and rebound and just like that we can be a playoff team next year.

I dont really see u making many valid points, more like opinions, and ones that i dont agree with

Wow...this is why you're the best.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

This is a childish notion based on a need to grow homegrown talent. It has no relevance with regards to building the best possible team and wining as many titles as possible. It's a sentimental feeling and should be recognized as such. You are entitled to feel how you feel but it does not make for good basketball sense.

Actually it is the text book definition of the future...it's one segment of it. As to the Celtics:

1. First and foremost they won a TITLE! How can you knock that? We haven't won a title in 40 years...
2. They picked up players in their 30's. All the players we are targeting are in their mid-20's except for Joe Johnson.
3. They are still a playoff team and have a legit although outside shot of winning another. The stars could align for them come playoff time.
4. You and the "master blogger" are advocating running our offense through a 31 year old, injury prone ex-allstar over signing Lebron or James!

The Knicks keeping the same team after all these years is ridiculous. Might as well have kept Randolph and Crawford for that. For us to be a playoff team right now would involve a lot of if's using his premise.

Lee, Chandler and Gallo must take another giant leap in skill level.
T-Mac must stay healthy and return to his former form
We need to gain size and move Lee to PF. (BTW, yet another fatal flaw in Metro's lineup)
Other teams in the east can't get better

Those are a lot of factors that make this plan wrong and a playoff birth far from guranteed. The most you can wait is to 2011 and thats only because you could not sign or trade for anyone.

In conclusion I will reiterate why this thread and premise fails:

1.You are putting your hopes in Tmac who is 31 and has a history of injuries.
2. This plan keeps Lee at the C spot and does nothing to address our DEFENSE.
3. After 4 games this guy is throwing Chandler under the bus for Walker.
4. The general idea that it's bad to sign FA's over homegrown players is emotional thinking and not how you should build a team. YOU GO FOR THE BEST TALENT...PERIOD.
5.This squad may just be good enough to make the 8th if all goes well and just bumps are pick out of the lottery making it unprotected. We then lose in the 1st round and lose our draft pick...no thanks!

KingCharles34

All Star
This is a childish notion based on a need to grow homegrown talent. It has no relevance with regards to building the best possible team and wining as many titles as possible. It's a sentimental feeling and should be recognized as such. You are entitled to feel how you feel but it does not make for good basketball sense.

Actually it is the text book definition of the future...it's one segment of it. As to the Celtics:

1. First and foremost they won a TITLE! How can you knock that? We haven't won a title in 40 years...
2. They picked up players in their 30's. All the players we are targeting are in their mid-20's except for Joe Johnson.
3. They are still a playoff team and have a legit although outside shot of winning another. The stars could align for them come playoff time.
4. You and the "master blogger" are advocating running our offense through a 31 year old, injury prone ex-allstar over signing Lebron or James!

The Knicks keeping the same team after all these years is ridiculous. Might as well have kept Randolph and Crawford for that. For us to be a playoff team right now would involve a lot of if's using his premise.

Lee, Chandler and Gallo must take another giant leap in skill level.
T-Mac must stay healthy and return to his former form
We need to gain size and move Lee to PF. (BTW, yet another fatal flaw in Metro's lineup)
Other teams in the east can't get better

Those are a lot of factors that make this plan wrong and a playoff birth far from guranteed. The most you can wait is to 2011 and thats only because you could not sign or trade for anyone.

In conclusion I will reiterate why this thread and premise fails:

4. The general idea that it's bad to sign FA's over homegrown players is emotional thinking and not how you should build a team. YOU GO FOR THE BEST TALENT...PERIOD.
5.This squad may just be good enough to make the 8th if all goes well and just bumps are pick out of the lottery making it unprotected. We then lose in the 1st round and lose our draft pick...no thanks!
Well i see a whole lotta assumptions here, what your doing is puttin a negative twist on just about everything metro said...

why? because u dont like him (at least as a person, there is however evidence that suggests u might be sexually attracted to him)

why dont u like him? because u tried to go after the best posters on this site, hoping to earn respect...all u got was humiliated

I believe what Metro was sayin is instead of going after every big free agent this year, we should be patient and improvise as time goes on...look to add pieces, hence the reason why he mentioned us having more cap space in 2011. We definitely have talent now, and we have pieces...its just a matter of finding the right pieces to add as time goes on.

Metro said in the article that he doesnt see Tmac as the main guy, but perhaps a very good 2nd option in the future.

Now i remember why i dont like arguing with u, because u read what u wanna read. U interpret things how u wanna interpret them, and u repeatedly make stupid ass assumptions. I remember there was another faggit that posted here that used to be the same way, Jimmy Chief or some homo name like that.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
I believe what Metro was sayin is instead of going after every big free agent this year, we should be patient and improvise as time goes on...look to add pieces, hence the reason why he mentioned us having more cap space in 2011. We definitely have talent now, and we have pieces...its just a matter of finding the right pieces to add as time goes on.

Metro said in the article that he doesnt see Tmac as the main guy, but perhaps a very good 2nd option in the future.

I agree that McGrady should be part of our future, beyond 2010. He's a very good player and brings scoring and defense.

Now, while I wouldn't fully rely on the free agent market as our complete plan for the future, if we have players that are very talented in the 2010 free agent class, the Knicks should at least make a pitch to get them. If we make an offer on LeBron, Bosh or Wade, the worst they can reply is "No". That's it.

Free agency shouldn't be our only plan, I agree with that. We can't put all our hopes in acquiring LeBron, especially if he wins a Championship in Cleveland.

We could take what we have and slowly add a few pieces on, but at that rate we would be a playoff team entering as a 8th seed, 5 years down the line, with no chance of a title. Our current team is completely predicated on offense with barely any defense. The foundation for building a succesful team is always defense. If we want to be a succesful team, we need to have a renewed defensive focus.

The Knicks should follow precedents of teams that started unsuccesfully and built their way to a Championship. Using proven methods based on past teams, we can build a great team for the future.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well i see a whole lotta assumptions here, what your doing is puttin a negative twist on just about everything metro said...

why? because u dont like him (at least as a person, there is however evidence that suggests u might be sexually attracted to him)

why dont u like him? because u tried to go after the best posters on this site, hoping to earn respect...all u got was humiliated

Now i remember why i dont like arguing with u, because u read what u wanna read. U interpret things how u wanna interpret them, and u repeatedly make stupid ass assumptions. I remember there was another faggit that posted here that used to be the same way, Jimmy Chief or some homo name like that.

You are entitled to your own opinion but you are NOT entitled to your own FACTS. You just made a generic, blanket statement about my entire post and ignored all my points. You can't say I was interpreting shit wrong and not back it up. Again the FACTS:

^^ALL FACTS no interpretation

It's not opinion but fact that putting loyalty over talent is not the proper way to go forward. I am not misinterpreting it either evidenced by the quote below:
Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
Im with those who would prefer to build a team that can stop lebroom from winning a championship, as opposed to signing lebroom or wade, players that have been the face of other franchises before ours.

You guys are building a NARRATIVE not a TEAM! You want to somehow be David and slay the Golith...You're hung up on being the underdog team than being the team TO BEAT...It's mad corny. (yes my opinion)

Metro ran to post and create a thread title on your one comment. This is the heart of why this thread is flawed and why you both still think the way you do about Marbury. It's all emotion driven...like a bunch of women.

Never mind keeping Lee at center, never mind not upgrading the D, never mind the draft picks we wasted we need to base our future on what FEELS GOOD. Please stop.

JayJ44

Starter
I like Sergio, I think he can be a nice piece for the future. But are we overrating him a little? After watching Duhon attempt to play PG for the past 2 seasons, Sergio might just look a lot better by comparison. I think he can be an excellent 6th man, but I'm not sure if he could ever be the starting PG of a championship team. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Great blog btw metro. I definitely agree with the sentiment that we don't need Lebron. People may think this is the only way to win a championship, but in Lebron's 7 years in the league he's never even come close to one. He went to the finals that one year, but it was never a question that the Spurs were gonna win that series. Don't get me wrong, if he wants to come here then Walsh would be a fool not sign him. But anyone who says it's Lebron or bust is simply wrong.

metrocard

Legend
Thanks guys...you really motivate me to writing for all of you, keep updated with the site with the next article!

KingCharles34

All Star
You are entitled to your own opinion but you are NOT entitled to your own FACTS. You just made a generic, blanket statement about my entire post and ignored all my points. You can't say I was interpreting shit wrong and not back it up. Again the FACTS:

It's not opinion but fact that putting loyalty over talent is not the proper way to go forward. I am not misinterpreting it either evidenced by the quote below:

You guys are building a NARRATIVE not a TEAM! You want to somehow be David and slay the Golith...You're hung up on being the underdog team than being the team TO BEAT...It's mad corny. (yes my opinion)

Metro ran to post and create a thread title on your one comment. This is the heart of why this thread is flawed and why you both still think the way you do about Marbury. It's all emotion driven...like a bunch of women.

Never mind keeping Lee at center, never mind not upgrading the D, never mind the draft picks we wasted we need to base our future on what FEELS GOOD. Please stop.
im offering to ghostwrite your posts for u...pay me $10 a week and ill be your ghostwriter
icon14.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
PG - Rodriguez 10 ppg 8 apg 1.5 spg
SG - Ginobili 18 ppg 4 pg 4 asp
SF - McGrady 19 ppg 6 rpg 4 apg
PF - Lee - 20 ppg 10 rpg 3 apg
C - Camby - 10 ppg 12 rpg 3 bpg

Bench
Chandler
Gallinari
House
Walker
2nd round pick

We don't NEED LeBron, Wade or Bosh. That should be clear by now. If you can't see that, you're lacking an open mind or just a general knowledge in basketball.

Ginobili, McGrady and Camby are all practically falling apart! Building our future on oft injured veterans and a bench with no center.

Someone please show this to Donnie Walsh in an envelope along with a tissue or 2 so he can wipe his ass after shitting his pants from hysterical laughter.

Metrocard - you silly pauper - you're lacking an open mind or just a general knowledge in basketball.

Unbelievable.

th3realicon

Rotation player

FACT: The Smelltics won an NBA title with those players.
ASSUMPTION: The Smelltics would have won an NBA title with Jefferson and the others they had.

Actually just answer a question of mine: Would you rather not sign any max contracts and built a team just to stop James from winning it all or would you rather win an NBA title?

Had we signed Jordan and not built around Patrick we would have probably won it more than once.

And when you assume people are just hopping for James you are dead wrong. All the people you call bandwagon fans don't want lebron or D-Wade or Bosh to the team because the fact that they are great flashy players. They do so because they want the Knicks to have the best shot at a title.

I for once thought we would be back at contending when we traded for Stephon Murbury but his me first attitude doomed us all. That and the ill lived Isiah regime. Did that stop you from joining the Starbury bandwagon? No because you either thought we had a chance with him or simply because you like the player and care less about the team. Otherwise i don't see why you would still cry foul play because he is gone. We would have never won anything with Steph face it.

Would we win an ything with [Insert max player here]? Maybe, but at this point that scenario is the most plausible since we tried to build with trades and draft but didn't work did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.