Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

Would you still make the T-Mac trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpz17

Starter
THIS IS AN EARLY THREAD. I WILL BE AT THE GAME TOMORROW (This thread) AND I LIVE A FAR DISTANCE FROM NYC SO I WILL BE GONE ALL DAY. BEWARE STATS ARE OFF!!
vs
Memphis Grizzlies @ New York Knicks
(29-28, 11-17 away)|(19-37, 12-19 home)

New York, New York
msg_night_lg.jpg

jpzthread.png

Good Evening! Welcome to another Jpz Knicks pre-game show! Tonight the Knicks play the Grizzlies. This should be a great game, one key part of this game is Zach Randolph visiting New York again. I will be attending this game so I am making a special edition thread.

New-York-Skyline-Night-Fixed-full.jpg

OJMayo.jpg

The Knicks are one of the worst teams record-wise in the league. The Grizzlies come in with an almost even record. The system has worked, they have gotten younger players and built around them. Mayo, Gay, and Conley Jr. are just some of the young studs on this Grizzlies team. Zach Randolph was recently an all star with this Grizzlies team, which is almost a punch in the face to Donnie Walsh who dealt Randolph for Tim Thomas last season.

130.jpg

Injuries
-Jonathan Bender is not with the team for personal reasons
-Eddy Curry is out with left knee surgery
-J.R. Giddens is also out with left knee surgery
-Grizzlies have no injuries

The Knicks will play the Grizzlies again on March 12th in Memphis. This is the first game the Knicks play the Grizzlies this season. Last season they swept the Grizzlies in two games. Here is a look at the Knicks Grizzlies matchup:
seriesf.jpg

grizzlies.jpg

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Last 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">MEMPHIS (ET)</td> <td width="50%">NEW YORK (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>Feb 24 @WAS Win 99-94
Feb 23 LAL Loss 99-98
Feb 21 @NJ Win 104-94
Feb 19 MIA Loss 100-87
Feb 17 @TOR Win 109-102
</td> <td>Feb 23 @BOS Loss 110-106
Feb 22 MIL Loss 83-67
Feb 20 OKC Loss 121-118
Feb 17 CHI Loss 115-109
Feb 16 @CHI Loss 118-85
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Knicks vs Celtics Highlights:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGbC9S1rif4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGbC9S1rif4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Grizzlies vs Wizards Highlights Link (Youtube Link)

Random Knicks Pictures
mark_jackson.jpg
806-170Knicks_Celtics_Basketball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.98.jpg
03knicks.jpg

ward.jpg
act_anthony_mason.jpg

m.gasol.jpg

Opinions
datprince.png

Coming Soon

oppontent.png

"We are going to pound you guys on the inside and pinch T Mac on the arm for like his 5th season
ending injury. "

"My take is Grizz by 5 "

OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Grizzlies- 118
Memphis.png

Knicks- 120
NewYork.png

This should be an offensive game. Look for another victory here. I'm pretty enthusiastic about this game. GO ORANGE AND BLUE!

t_mobile_fave5_logo_180.jpg

presents

JPZ17's
Barkley_s_fave_five_Saul_Salazar_444x500.JPG

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING

1. Stop OJ Mayo from driving to the basket. He is very good at that.. Pesky OJ!! I know we all wanted him in the draft!
  2. Tracy needs to be feeling good. If he is tired or sore we already know he won't have a good game and if we want to win he needs to play good!
  3. Pick and Roll won't work well this time with Marc Gasol in there. Find another way to get Lee the ball! I'm sure Sergio will do fine with that
  4. Don't let Gallinari shoot. He just doesn't have it so far this month. He is in a slump.
  5. Don't give the ball to Harrington on the last play. Harrington always fails to make the clutch shot.
T-Mac Debut Video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKcvLFpa_nU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKcvLFpa_nU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A Jpz debut
Did you know??
-This is the 14th time this season the Knicks have played back-to-back games. The Knicks are 2-11 in the second game.
-One of the newest Knicks (Bill Walker) was teamates with OJ Mayo in High school
-Grizzlies assistant coach Henry Bibby played on the 1972-1973 Knicks championship team
-Henry Bibby is the father of Mike Bibby
-Mike Bibby is Eddie House's bother-in-law
-Sergio Rodriguez played with Marc Gasol on the Spanish National Team

Memphis Grizzlies Starting 5's Last 5 Games Stats:

PG Mike Conley Jr.
conley.jpg

SG OJ Mayo
ojmayoq.jpg

SF Rudy Gay
rudygay.jpg

PF Zach Randolph
randolph.jpg

C Marc Gasol
mgasol.jpg

Starting Lineups

mem2.gif

GRIZZLIES
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
3195.jpg
3450.jpg
3005.jpg
1017.jpg
3206.jpg

CONLEY JR.------MAYO------GAY------RANDOLPH------GASOL

nyk.gif

KNICKS
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
3025.jpg
532.jpg
3194.jpg
3428.jpg
2772.jpg

RODRIGUEZ-----McGRADY-----CHANDLER-----GALLINARI-----LEE
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#5d76a8"><td class="stathead" colspan="9">Team Roster</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="33">NO.</td> <td>NAME</td> <td width="33">POS</td> <td width="33">AGE</td> <td width="33">HT</td> <td width="33">WT</td> <td width="150">COLLEGE</td> <td width="150">2009 - 2010 SALARY</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>0</td> <td>Darrell Arthur</td> <td>PF</td> <td>21</td> <td>6-9</td> <td>235</td> <td>Kansas</td> <td>$1,050,480</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>9</td> <td>Ronnie Brewer</td> <td>SG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-7</td> <td>227</td> <td>Arkansas</td> <td>$2,717,161</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>1</td> <td>DeMarre Carroll</td> <td>F</td> <td>23</td> <td>6-8</td> <td>212</td> <td>Missouri</td> <td>$1,009,680</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>11</td> <td>Mike Conley</td> <td>PG</td> <td>22</td> <td>6-1</td> <td>185</td> <td>Ohio State</td> <td>$3,883,800</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>33</td> <td>Marc Gasol</td> <td>C</td> <td>25</td> <td>7-1</td> <td>265</td> <td></td> <td>$3,333,333</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>22</td> <td>Rudy Gay</td> <td>SF</td> <td>23</td> <td>6-8</td> <td>230</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$3,280,997</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>15</td> <td>Hamed Haddadi</td> <td>C</td> <td>24</td> <td>7-2</td> <td>265</td> <td></td> <td>$1,627,779</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>26</td> <td>Lester Hudson</td> <td>G</td> <td>25</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>190</td> <td>Tennessee-Martin</td> <td>$457,588</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>45</td> <td>Steven Hunter</td> <td>PF</td> <td>28</td> <td>7-0</td> <td>240</td> <td>DePaul</td> <td>$3,696,000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>32</td> <td>O.J. Mayo</td> <td>SG</td> <td>22</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>210</td> <td>USC</td> <td>$4,165,560</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>50</td> <td>Zach Randolph</td> <td>PF</td> <td>28</td> <td>6-9</td> <td>260</td> <td>Michigan State</td> <td>$16,000,000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>34</td> <td>Hasheem Thabeet</td> <td>C</td> <td>23</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>267</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$4,458,840</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>10</td> <td>Jamaal Tinsley</td> <td>PG</td> <td>31</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>185</td> <td>Iowa State</td> <td>$738,091</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>5</td> <td>Marcus Williams</td> <td>PG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>205</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$825,497</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>4</td> <td>Sam Young</td> <td>SG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-6</td> <td>220</td> <td>Pittsburgh</td> <td>$824,200</td></tr></tbody></table>
JPZ17's Key matchup
capt.994846ffea9249a19d011028451b031f.knicks_wizards_basketball_vzn101.jpg

vs
mayo-081013-jm131-300.jpg

Think about it:thumbsup:

2772.jpg
David Lee C Marc Gasol
3206.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-left.gif

Lee is better on the offensive side, Gasol has him on defense. Still lean Lee
oldKey.gif

3428.jpg
Danilo Gallinari PF Zach Randolph
1017.jpg

basketball-edge-mod-right.gif

Two guys who can't play good defense.. Should be a high scoring game for both...

3194.jpg
Wilson Chandler SF Rudy Gay
3005.jpg

basketball-edge-slight-right.gif

Two similar players.. Gay gets the advantage
532.jpg
Tracy McGrady SG OJ Mayo
3450.jpg

basketball-edge-even.gif

McGrady should win this one if he is feeling good. If not it is easy Mayo. So eve on this one.. Anyways.... It is the Past vs the Future here
3025.jpg
Sergio Rodriguez PG Mike Conley Jr.
3195.jpg

basketball-edge-even.gif

Conley doesn't get many assists where Rodriguez gets tons of assists

JPZ17's Player Pressure
Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????
color-fog-lights.jpg

The answer: Danilo Gallinari
capt.95f0e1dd5d8d42d98ba388ed5cbbead3.bulls_knicks_basketball_msg101.jpg

Danilo has been slumping lately. He hasn't scored 10 in about 3 games.

Here is Danilo's shot comparison:
gallinaript.jpg

Danilo was great when he could make the 3, but now he can't make the 3

JPZ's YouTube of the Day

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLzAJY1C6Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLzAJY1C6Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b887e48d75481b9/4ae79454fc224b41/5db41b59/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314b887e48d75481b9" width="300" height="387"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b887e48d75481b9/4ae79454fc224b41/5db41b59/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b887e5b41f2eb6e/4ae794649489f096/64ce23b1" id="W49022a98586964144b887e5b41f2eb6e" width="289" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b887e5b41f2eb6e/4ae794649489f096/64ce23b1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Thanks for joining me
for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicks!
jpzthread.png

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, JPZ17. The piechart you made with Gallinari was crazy.
The Grizzlies play a lot of close games, so this one should come down to the wire like the game in Washington. I think McGrady will have a good game.

smokes

Huge Member
I believe this is the best thread I've ever made....

Yeah it's a sick game thread man loads of detail!

I gotta say the Zach Randolph all star comment is a bit off though, remember if we didn't deal him then David Lee would probably never be an all star :lol:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Yeah it's a sick game thread man loads of detail!

I gotta say the Zach Randolph all star comment is a bit off though, remember if we didn't deal him then David Lee would probably never be an all star :lol:

Agreed, Z-Bo had to go.

And yea props JPZ, that's an amazing game thread. How long did that take you? Man I hope you didn't pull that all off for nothing. Come on Knicks, reward JPZ for his hard work lol!

And Gallo needs some 5 hour energy. He needs to be aggressive.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
We've all seen plenty of Z-Bo and I'm wondering how in the world is Galo going to guard him? Lee is gonna have his hands full with Gasol so help won't be coming... Not to be a downer cause I'd love to have this win but we don't match up well with this team at all. Both Galo and Chandler will get moved around with Zach's big ass so where does our D come from on the inside? Bender? AL?

Yes Galo can lure Zach out of the paint on offense (if his shot is falling) but it always comes down to stops and I just don't see it. Hopefully i'm proven wrong.

Last edited:

spiegel8

Rookie
I think tracy playing only 25 minutes last night will prove valueable since his legs wont be to tierd. he'll need it because mayo is a very good player. he needs to use his height against OJ and post him up like he was doing to ross and singleton last night.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Awesome game thread. Major props. I guess we can scout Rudy Gay tonight to see if he can be an option for the Knicks this offseason.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Z-Bo is bad on defense. Hopefully we can take advantage of that. Marc Gasol is pretty good in the paint, so odds are we might not be able to rely on David Lee as our number 1 option tonight.

He's a pretty good scorer though. Hm, seems like yet another instance of a player whos name rhymes with MARKO who could've been useful but now isn't

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
And Gallo needs some 5 hour energy. He needs to be aggressive.

Gallo only took 4 shots yesterday, wtf. He did make two nice drives to the basket and one that he looked extra fast for a slashing dunk. Hopefully we see that more today along with some made 3s. Mcgrady will find him better unlike the chuckers House and Harrington.

House needs to stop shooting off balance. He's been shooting bricks after his 1st game with the Knicks that he scored 22. Would ya'll want to take that trade back? I would.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Z bo was hard to let go of but it was necessary for the cap relief and development of Dlee and give exposure to Jefferies. Without a doubt Zbo is tremendous and I'm glad he is succeeding in memphis.

This Grizzlies team is a tough match up, and this will be a high scoring affair. Don't how T-Mac will play on back to back. Lee will have his regular 20+ points and double digit rebounds. The key is for Harrington, Chandler, and Gallo to hit shots.

KingCharles34

All Star
I believe this is the best thread I've ever made....
its a great game thread JPZ, alotta good stats and info in this. And lol @ what the Grizzlies fan said about Tmac gettin hurt, i gotta admit it was funny. I always liked him but i seen him gettin alotta hate on other sites for failing to make it past the 1st round, but what i saw him do in 2008 against Utah was incredible, even though the Rockets lost in 7 games. He was like a gladiator the way he played, he did everything he could....

Im wonderin whos gonna have the better stats, Lee or Randolph. It should be interesting, both of them are easily two of the most consistent players at puttin up 20 and 10. They are very similar the way they play and they even share one of the same weaknesses, which is defense. Actually, i shouldnt say they are very similar. Zachs got a better jumper but Lee has become good at taking player off the dribble, which i never though possible.

I think its gonna be a tough game, Lee's gotta go up against Gasol and Randolph. I'd be shocked if we win the rebounding battle, but if we can hit our shots and play some defense, i can see us winning.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Jpz, I should have given you the rep point for this game thread and not the other one lmao. Good work man :thumbsup: