Steph May Take Kidd's U.S. Spot

e_D

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
yea and hes still young. imagine if we coulda got him by throwing in kt and a center? that woulda been awesome!!!

we coulda got him.. but Layden wanted Mcdyess.

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
e_D said:
pyotrveliky said:
yea and hes still young. imagine if we coulda got him by throwing in kt and a center? that woulda been awesome!!!

we coulda got him.. but Layden wanted Mcdyess.

because Layden's slow.....
he wanted a use to be all-star with lots of injuries.......
instead of a young player that would be an all-star......

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i found an update online - http://sports.excite.com/news/05112004/v7394.html

LeBron James, Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion will be invited to join the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team, sources told The Associated Press.

The USA Basketball Selection committee held a conference call Tuesday to choose several replacement players on a roster that will be missing several of the best American players.

Three sources with knowledge of the selection committee's actions, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the U.S. federation had decided to add the 19-year-old James, the NBA's Rookie of the Year, as the likely replacement at shooting guard for Kobe Bryant.

Marbury was added to replace Jason Kidd, who has indicated he'll likely withdraw, and Marion will provide depth at forward with Elton Brand, Kevin Garnett and Karl Malone not expected to participate.

Sources told the AP that if O'Neal decides to sit out the Olympics, Kenyon Martin of New Jersey and Lamar Odom of Miami are among the players being discussed as possible replacements. If Bibby withdraws, Sam Cassell is the leading candidate to replace him, and Ron Artest and Carmelo Anthony are among the names being discussed to replace McGrady, if he backs out.

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
The U.S. Olympic team will have a new point guard running the show when they invite Stephon Marbury of the New York Knicks to replace his rival Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets. Marbury's invitation, one of among three replacements, was confirmed last night by team President Isiah Thomas.

"It's a great honor for us to have a player of his stature on our team,'' Thomas said, adding that only paperwork needed to be completed with USA Basketball. "I just thought that if Jason Kidd wasn't going to be able to participate, I felt that Steph at the point guard position should be on the team.''

Just heard about this.....

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
awesome. assuming steph accepts, CONGRATS. we have a friggin olympian on our team now!!! i think they should invite spree and move rj or some1 2 pf....

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
spree does not suck... he is awesome.. it was not his idea to leave ny. talk 2 layden about that. im pretty sure if he could he woulda stayed here

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
spree does not suck... he is awesome.. it was not his idea to leave ny. talk 2 layden about that. im pretty sure if he could he woulda stayed here

yea but i still hate him...
anyone else is invited....

frankwilliams

Benchwarmer
pyotrveliky said:
spree definitely has talent. he plays great d and can shoot. u remember the 9/9 3pt game!!??

whoa...
ONE GAME...
why does everyone refer to that game..
only good game in his life....?
anyone remember he like strangled his coach...???

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
AWW C'mon man,Spree was then to NY what Stephon is now(MR.KNICK).Spree took us to the NBA FINALS as well.Its obvious he has made every team he's played for MUCH better.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
K-Mart said he won't join.

Amare and Bron have accepted. I am still waiting Melo to join. I don't think Artest would be a good choice, because nobody focuses on D in these games and that is his strength.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yea tru... most teams really cant score that much so running up the score is an easy way to win. have they officially accepted? i know someone on the cavs said hed probably join... i didnt hear 100% tho. waitin for steph tho...