Should we change Gallo's nickname?

smokes

Huge Member
Well The Big Cock is by far the best nickname ever without a doubt. I don't know if it was metro/msg that coined it.

Gallo = Rooster in Italian, and rooster lead to cock, and then The Big Cock.

Whoever invented it deserves props and I definately think big cock everytime I look at Gallinari (!)

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If you watched Euro-league basketball competition, they call him "Il Gallo," "The Rooster." They don't call him Gallo by itself, which, in Italian, would sound weird. It even sounds weird in English, as if you're just spitting out the word instead of using it in reference to someone or something.

As for the Big Cock Phenomenon, that's American. I don't know who invented it, but it didn't come from Italy.

That being said, I'd like to nickname him "The Omen," in honor of the years of sucking that, if management relies on him to become our team's leader, are sure to follow his arrival.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
How about "The Shimmying Guinea".

or Babyface, he looks like 6 years old.

or How about "Ballin'ari"?

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo is "Cavallo" The Horse

I was reading Bill Simmons' chat yesterday, and someone referred to Danillo Gallinari as "The Situation". I personally think this nickname is hilarious and that it should be Gallo's nickname when Jersey Shore 2 inevitably fizzles out and The (Other) Situation's celebrity comes to a screeching halt.

1) Danilo Gallinari is Italian.
2) I'm sick of these nicknames that are shortened or modified versions of the guys name...We used to have Hakeem "The Dream", David "The Admiral", now we have T-Mac for McGrady, CP3 for Chris Paul...let's get a good nickname in there.
3) Danilo Gallinari has a sweet, Jersey Shore-style faux-hawk.
4) Maybe this will encourage Danilo to abide by Gym-Tan-Laundry as touted in the show, especially the gym part (like the guy, but he needs to work on his strength).
5) Gallo's other nickname, "The Big Cock", is not quite appropriate for print...

If we start the movement here and now on KnicksOnline, I bet it catches on (especially if we get LeBron or Wade) and this site blows the eff up with followers like I think it will...

Also, any other nickname suggestions besides Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari are welcome...

Note: THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE FOR FUN!

We should change Gallo's nickname to Cavallo which means Horse in Italian.

When Gallo drives he always looks like a horse because he moves his head back and forth i dont know why but he always does this lol

Look at the way he runs its hilarious he constantly moves his head back and forth like a horse and when he drives he is as powerful as one.

Cavallo!

"The 3 point Solution"

I was reading Bill Simmons' chat yesterday, and someone referred to Danillo Gallinari as "The Situation". I personally think this nickname is hilarious and that it should be Gallo's nickname when Jersey Shore 2 inevitably fizzles out and The (Other) Situation's celebrity comes to a screeching halt.

1) Danilo Gallinari is Italian.
2) I'm sick of these nicknames that are shortened or modified versions of the guys name...We used to have Hakeem "The Dream", David "The Admiral", now we have T-Mac for McGrady, CP3 for Chris Paul...let's get a good nickname in there.
3) Danilo Gallinari has a sweet, Jersey Shore-style faux-hawk.
4) Maybe this will encourage Danilo to abide by Gym-Tan-Laundry as touted in the show, especially the gym part (like the guy, but he needs to work on his strength).
5) Gallo's other nickname, "The Big Cock", is not quite appropriate for print...

If we start the movement here and now on KnicksOnline, I bet it catches on (especially if we get LeBron or Wade) and this site blows the eff up with followers like I think it will...

Also, any other nickname suggestions besides Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari are welcome...

Note: THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE FOR FUN!
Ohh i got one! What if they called him Danilo "The 3 Point Solution" Gallinari!

Because in almost every 4th quarter when the knicks are down by 2 or 3 D'Antoni almost always give Gallinari the last shot.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Malo is an excellent nickname for Gallinari, since he's muy "Malo" at playing basketball.

"Malo" es un buen nombre para Gallinari, por que el es muy malo en juegando baloncesto. :lol: