Suliminal Messages From S'Pamtoni?

Regardless of any likelihood, pick a 2010 center for our beloved Knicks

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
marc_gasol.jpg
[/FONT]The Grizzlies say Gasol has dropped 25 pounds and reduced his body fat by 10 percent since joining them as a 23-year-old rookie last season, and Gasol said he was toting around at least an extra 10 pounds two years earlier when he first burst onto the international basketball scene coming off the bench for the Spanish team that won the 2006 World Championship in Japan. "I didn’t know the kid that much 4-5 years ago, I didn't know if he'd become a player or not, but he has," said New York coach Mike D'Antoni, who got his first glimpse of the younger Gasol as an assistant to coach Mike Krzyzewski on the U.S. national team that finished third at the 2006 Worlds. "He's very efficient, smart. He might be the best Gasol of the two, I don't know, that's saying a lot. But he's really good. I'd be delighted to eat peanut butter out of his mud button."Before he had a lot of baby fat going on, just a young body, but that's normal," D'Antoni said. "Now he’s got a great body. He’s turned into a man. He’s strong, and he's a very dominant center. He has smarts, he can pass and he's very efficient offensively." ESPN.com

Is Mike throwing out a plea for help here? I'd be uber stoked if Gasol was the NYK 5.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Bro, your sign is too big...change it.

Gasol at Center would be legit, but Memphis alreay gave up Pau, I don't see them giving up on Marc

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
I agree he can be greater than his brother. I didn't expect that just a few months ago. Right now it seems probable, and maybe after next summer it seems obvius.

Unfortunately I don't think Memphis would give up on him that easily. A frountcourt of Lee/Gasol would be atonishing.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Has nobody noticed the edit I made to Mike D's quote yet?

I did it especially for you and you don't even care. Men are such bastards.

Paul1355

All Star
We should get Dimtembe Kumtumbo out of retirement right now

LMAO my old timer Dad said the same thing when Bogut was killing us...Mutumbo would prob be a difference maker...any shot blocking center on the Knicks would be a huge difference maker...I find it hard to believe that we can't sign a center in the d league who can block some shots....we have no centers on this entire team....ridiculous.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Andray Blatche is lookin pretty good since he got put into the starting lineup. Had 36 and 15 tonight.

Did he really!? Jesus.

That's why I think we should make a push for Javal McGee. Offer him a starting spot in NY and have him force a trade. Cheap, athletic, mad wingspan, won't be a focal offensive player - as in all we need is a shot blocking rebounder next year.

Wishful thinking no doubt.

I heard that Manu Ginobili is almost certain he'll be traded at season's end. Sucks for you! He surely was your favorite player there at some stage.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Did he really!? Jesus.

That's why I think we should make a push for Javal McGee. Offer him a starting spot in NY and have him force a trade. Cheap, athletic, mad wingspan, won't be a focal offensive player - as in all we need is a shot blocking rebounder next year.

Wishful thinking no doubt.
Blatche's last 7 games:

Pts - 33 18 24 25 24 26 36
Reb- 13 11 6 11 8 18 15
Ast - 1 3 3 2 5 6 4
Blk - 1 0 2 2 0 3 2

Averages of - 26.6 pts 11.7 reb 3.4 ast 1.4 blk

I heard that Manu Ginobili is almost certain he'll be traded at season's end.
You heard wrong. What he said is he's unsure if he'll be a Spur next season (he's a FA).
Sucks for you! He surely was your favorite player there at some stage.
He is one of my favorites yeah and it would suck to see him on another team.