Time to send Danilo Gallinari to D-League

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
He needs to learn how to post up and finish at the basket, he just looks terrible and haven't seen him finish in traffic in a long time. He needs seasoning and proof to himself and others that he belongs here. For now he is a bench player in the 20 minute range and shouldn't be starting.

I joined this site in August 2008 and everyone on this site knows I have been one of his biggest supporters. However, he is embarrassing himself and it would be better for him to get confidence and that is what the D-League is for. I still believe that he was the right choice and will continue to support him but at this time I would like him to finish the season on a good note.

In last night's game he good punk in the post by none other than DeMarre Carroll who smacked him right in his face after Danilo made his move. Two weeks ago Danilo could not even post Bulls Kirk Hinrich who is 6'3 and score over him. How can Gallinari 6'10 and not take advantages of mismatches? Is it that he still hasn't recover from his back injury or he is just not good enough at the moment.

Paul1355

All Star
He needs to learn how to post up and finish at the basket, he just looks terrible and haven't seen him finish in traffic in a long time. He needs seasoning and proof to himself and others that he belongs here. For now he is a bench player in the 20 minute range and shouldn't be starting.

I joined this site in August 2008 and everyone on this site knows I have been one of his biggest supporters. However, he is embarrassing himself and it would be better for him to get confidence and that is what the D-League is for. I still believe that he was the right choice and will continue to support him but at this time I would like him to finish the season on a good note.

In last night's game he good punk in the post by none other than DeMarre Carroll who smacked him right in his face after Danilo made his move. Two weeks ago Danilo could not even post Bulls Kirk Hinrich who is 6'3 and score over him. How can Gallinari 6'10 and not take advantages of mismatches? Is it that he still hasn't recover from his back injury or he is just not good enough at the moment.

LOL d leauge...come on man...Gallo has been embairssing many times this year but not D league status.

Even Thabeet should not be in the Dleague. Duhon and Jeffries should be in the d leauge thats the truth.

Gallo should not be starting, I agree with you on that. But he should be used as a sixth man or top role player on the team. We should start Harrington for his scoring or Bender for his size instead of Gallo.

Kiyaman

Legend
Truth be said

well well well, its finally coming out like a open can of worms
something that was seen clearly in our Preseason games
and the first 10 games of the season (1-9 start).

Gallo's talent and team-performance was not worthy of above 20 minutes per game at the start of this season. Steady playingtime off the bench would've improve his talents and Jellin with his teammates for more minutes of playingtime in the midseason.
Dont feel bad b/c Eddie House been in the NBA for 9 seasons and never average above 20 minutes per game in one of those seasons. Plus Sergio Rodriques been in the league for 3 seasons and never averaged above 15 minutes per game in any of those seasons.

So for headcoach Dantoni to do what he did like .....
start Gallo over Harrington
start Chandler over Hughes
start Duhon over Nate
start Jefferies over Darko
And dont make any immediate change of the starting-lineup after a 1-9 start ..... now for the final 26 games of the season Dantoni is
starting Sergio over Duhon and Douglas is the icing on the cake
for the headcoach to be "FIRED" ASAP.

Knick-Fans if u dont know then ask somebody .....the expiring-contract players were suppose to be the Knick-Starters the first 25 games of the season to add structure to the team.
The "Rental-Players" had more reasons than anyone else in this Knick organization to get Knick-Wins plus to guide the rotation of young players "Jellin" on both sides of the court (to add to their FA resume team-player or player-coach).

The Knicks deep depth chart off the bench (Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, and Jefferies) were suppose to make up a decent 9 to 10-Man Rotation to win 12 to 15 games out of the first 25 games of the season.

It's common for a headcoach to have a grudge against one or two of his players, but to have a personal-grudge against 5 to 7 of the players on the roster is above average.....assistant coach Herb Williams could have done a much better job at raising the value of the majority of players on the Knick roster with consistent wins, playing at a .475% record this season, rather than personal DNP conflict between player & coach.
We gave up two first round picks and a 2011 swap b/c of Dantoni's coaching (and personal grudge)!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star

Don't be surprised "the Cock" got punked by Demarre Carroll in the post. Demarre received superior coaching for 4 years while attending MIZZOU and helped carry an undersized Tiger squad to the Elite Eight last year. Coach Mike Anderson taught Demarre how to be tough down low against bigger players as well as face up and shoot outside. That's what I have been trying to tell you guys about these overrated Euroleagers. A well coached DI NCAA player will eat them alive. Demarre went in the late first or second round; the Cock was a lottery pick. Let this be a cautionary tale for those of you worshipping at the feet of Ricky Rubio as well. NCAA players will feast on overated, Euroleague donuts.

richtree

Rotation player
Gallo is a young kid growing up.

He needs to work on his body and ball skills .

he should get on a hardcore physical workout to improve his quickness and lateral movement.

He needs to do this because of his history with his bad back.

It often looks like his is pulling his body down the floor almost limping around.

He has proved he can shoot, rebound and play ok defense.

Now it is time to step it up and become an all-around player.

Right now he is Robery Horry and that's not good enough.

He needs to get to free throw line more, shoot off the dribble, and have one back to basket move.

Gallanari needs to have off=season desire.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Gallo is a young kid growing up.

He needs to work on his body and ball skills .

he should get on a hardcore physical workout to improve his quickness and lateral movement.

He needs to do this because of his history with his bad back.

It often looks like his is pulling his body down the floor almost limping around.

He has proved he can shoot, rebound and play ok defense.

Now it is time to step it up and become an all-around player.

Right now he is Robery Horry and that's not good enough.

He needs to get to free throw line more, shoot off the dribble, and have one back to basket move.

Gallanari needs to have off=season desire.

Man calling Gallo "Robert Horry" is a slap at Horry. I don't know if you remember the young Robert Horry, but he went to the rack strong and used to dunk on people. Horry didn't become "big shot Bob" until later in his career. And speaking of that, Gallo has yet to hit a big shot in a regular season game, let alone when it really means something. I agree Gallo has ALOT of work to do and the injury problems for such a young guy are a big red flag. The point is he was sold to Knicks fans as a "finished Euroleague pro", not the project that anybody that knows anything about hoops knew he was. False advertising....

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
well well well, its finally coming out like a open can of worms
something that was seen clearly in our Preseason games
and the first 10 games of the season (1-9 start).

Gallo's talent and team-performance was not worthy of above 20 minutes per game at the start of this season. Steady playingtime off the bench would've improve his talents and Jellin with his teammates for more minutes of playingtime in the midseason.
Dont feel bad b/c Eddie House been in the NBA for 9 seasons and never average above 20 minutes per game in one of those seasons. Plus Sergio Rodriques been in the league for 3 seasons and never averaged above 15 minutes per game in any of those seasons.

So for headcoach Dantoni to do what he did like .....
start Gallo over Harrington
start Chandler over Hughes
start Duhon over Nate
start Jefferies over Darko
And dont make any immediate change of the starting-lineup after a 1-9 start ..... now for the final 26 games of the season Dantoni is
starting Sergio over Duhon and Douglas is the icing on the cake
for the headcoach to be "FIRED" ASAP.

Knick-Fans if u dont know then ask somebody .....the expiring-contract players were suppose to be the Knick-Starters the first 25 games of the season to add structure to the team.
The "Rental-Players" had more reasons than anyone else in this Knick organization to get Knick-Wins plus to guide the rotation of young players "Jellin" on both sides of the court (to add to their FA resume team-player or player-coach).

The Knicks deep depth chart off the bench (Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, and Jefferies) were suppose to make up a decent 9 to 10-Man Rotation to win 12 to 15 games out of the first 25 games of the season.

It's common for a headcoach to have a grudge against one or two of his players, but to have a personal-grudge against 5 to 7 of the players on the roster is above average.....assistant coach Herb Williams could have done a much better job at raising the value of the majority of players on the Knick roster with consistent wins, playing at a .475% record this season, rather than personal DNP conflict between player & coach.
We gave up two first round picks and a 2011 swap b/c of Dantoni's coaching (and personal grudge)!!!

The 2011 swap benefited us. :thumbsup: You attempted to prove your points but the logic wasn't there

dlee420

Banned
go to knicks.com.... "Gallo Impressive Despite Struggles"... no, no he's not impressive at all. Since D'antoni came in.. i've only felt lied to. Makes me feel funky.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2011 swap benefited us. :thumbsup: You attempted to prove your points but the logic wasn't there

The Knicks are swaping first round picks with a consistent 50 win team since the 2003-4 season. This will be the Houston Rockets first season out of the last 6 seasons where they dont have a 50 win season. But they been a .500 team all season.

jpz17

Starter
The Knicks are swaping first round picks with a consistent 50 win team since the 2003-4 season. This will be the Houston Rockets first season out of the last 6 seasons where they dont have a 50 win season. But they been a .500 team all season.

they don't have a good tracy mcgrady and they will not have a healthy young Yao. The Knicks will be a much improved team by then and the rockets will be .500

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gallinari to D-League? You've got to be joking.

For all intents and purposes, he's a rookie who's averaging 14 PPG. He shouldn't be starting and he needs to improve to be a starting caliber player, but he's nowhere near D-League material. Not even Jared Jeffries is D-League material...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
This forum is filled with diehard fans who overreact. I hope you know how bad you gotta be to be sent to the D-League...lol Gallo isn't even close to that. He's struggling yes, but don't go saying stupid things like that/

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The biggest whiner on ko.com is at it again.

D League?

You're a vegetable.

Whiner? Vegetable? You're such a bitch I swear, you don't contribute nothing to this site other than disagree with me. Get off my nuts, if you read what I wrote it was for the best interest of the Knicks and Gallinari to send him to d-league. I think it can only help him to play loose and better create of the dribble and post up. We are still the only franchise to not use the d-league and one of the many things that has turn me off this franchise. My post are objective and have reasoning unlike yours.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallinari to D-League? You've got to be joking.

For all intents and purposes, he's a rookie who's averaging 14 PPG. He shouldn't be starting and he needs to improve to be a starting caliber player, but he's nowhere near D-League material. Not even Jared Jeffries is D-League material...
Jared Jeffries has always been D League material...don't let his big contract fool you

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well sounds like Gallo finally is learning to get his big butt down on the block instead of camping out from 30 feet away from the basket.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Well sounds like Gallo finally is learning to get his big butt down on the block instead of camping out from 30 feet away from the basket.

His post game is far from refined, just imagine the wonders once he works on it this offseason. He'll shoot over shorter fags, and take the taller,slower bitches to the basket. Add 40% from the 3pt line and you got a star in the making. Haters like you will see. The Big Cock gonna be unleashed next year. And nobody will be calling for Brook Lopez then.