What is most likely to Happen next summer.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Alright, obviously the free agent market next year makes a large majority of Knicks fans excited, but lets think about whats really going to happen with the top flight free agents.

Chris Bosh, despite the rumors is probably not going to sign with New York. When it was asked by a Knicks fan if Bosh will be coming to New York, he responded by laughing at the notion as if it were an insult. He will likely go to Miami or stay in Toronto (a team that has gained momentum this season). Dwayne Wade has already stated he will probably stay with Miami, they have just as much cap space as us. So Wade will likely end up with another star on his team, possibly Bosh. If Wade doesn't sign with Miami, his first choice would probably his hometown of Chicago, where he currently resides.

LeBron has been vague about his intentions. His team seems in good shape currently. If he wins a Championship, he's staying in Cleveland. The Nate Robinson trade was brilliant. Boston will likely be facing Cleveland in the playoffs, Robinson will probably help Boston by scoring prolifically off the bench. This could be a major factor in keeping Cleveland from even going to the Finals, if Boston beats them. If LeBron can't even get to the finals, he's bound to get out Cleveland and we're the frontrunners in that race. I say Cleveland still has a good shot at winning the Finals, thereby keeping LeBron. But, I think the odds for us to get LeBron are one in three.

I think Joe Johnson is likely going to sign with us. Atlanta offered him a very solid deal for $60 million over 4 years, a fair and solid contract. He turned it down. This means he is not confident in his future with Atlanta. In Phoenix, Johnson was coached by D' Antoni, where they had a good chemistry. Johnson has stated that D'Antoni is a great coach and largely credits him for his development as a player. Johnson is the most likely of the free agents to sign with us next year, especially since we have no one at the SG position.

McGrady has stated he wants to continue to play for the Knicks and will accept less money.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Thing is if we got Lebron and Johnson and resign McGrady then Lee is gone, not that he's really a center anyhow, but we'd literally have no bigs. What do I think will happen? Well considering every team I root for gets screwed I figure we'll probably miss out on all the biggest names and offer a huge contract to Amare Stoudemire and extend Eddy Curry through 2016 hoping they can be the most dominant frontcourt tandem in the league...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dude. I'm sorry but this thread is just a regurgitation of things that have been talked about and analysed on here for a year. And your reasonings are all very one tracked and meaningless.

Sorry to poop on it!

Perpetual thread.

petescud

Starter
I want to believe Lebron signs on (i'm dreaming).....whoever else does is a bonus (Joe Johnson and Hayward/Someones backup that play Defense well)

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I would prefer Rudy Gay and Chris Bosh. Resigning T-Mac is a solid idea as well. I definitely want him to stay here.

Wilson Chandler should be traded. I don't see him having much of a future here.

Harrington...ehhhhhhh. Depends on how much we get. He should be out last priority. If he really loves New York, he should come for very cheap.

Then we can sign and trade Lee for the rights to Ricky...wait what am I saying?

The New Jersey Nets Organization will shut down and Jay-z will then hang himself!!! :lol:

OMG, will you people stop trolling?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i want a defensive C get Haywood( 30 ) still got a few solid years left in him, get a superstar( Johnson, Bosh, or maybe Amar'e -or lebron/wade if we could lure em here) and surround them with class talent maybe resign Tmac ( which is what i want ) trade Chandler for a solid role player or C( gasol from the grizzlies if we cant sign haywood or Camby)

this offseason should be fun and interesting and i cant wait to see our new look team

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I actually thought of an interesting scenario.

Say the worst case scenario happens: LeBron signs in Cleveland, Bosh and Wade sign elsewhere or stay in their current city, and Joe Johnson turns us down. This leaves us with Amare as our one max contract offer. If this were to happen, I would love to resign Sergio and T-Mac and explore the option of keeping Lee.

We would then start the season with a lineup of:

PG-S-Rod
SG-T-Mac
SF-Gallo
PF- Lee
C- Amare

This is an improved version of our current team.

THEN we make use of Curry's expiring deal, which is nearly 12 million dollars. We could then send Curry's contract along with Lee to the Magic for Vince Carter (the Magic are starting to realize their overpaying of players is going to catch up with them).

We then have a lineup of:

PG-S-Rod
SG- T-Mac
SF- Carter
PF- Gallo
C- Amare

This team also has talent to be a playoff team.

Then, once the season is over, we dump the 17 million dollars owed to Vincanity and can explore the option of bringing in a player like Carmelo or a Kevin Durant. Durant has yet to sign an extension so this could be an awesome option. Not to mention, if Bosh or Wade decide not to opt out, then they would become free agents this year as well, giving us a chance to make a run at one of them.

PG- S-Rod
SG- T-Mac
SF- Durant
PF- Gallo
C- Amare

That team can contend in the East most definitely. Especially as Durant continues to develop.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I actually thought of an interesting scenario.

Say the worst case scenario happens: LeBron signs in Cleveland, Bosh and Wade sign elsewhere or stay in their current city, and Joe Johnson turns us down. This leaves us with Amare as our one max contract offer. If this were to happen, I would love to resign Sergio and T-Mac and explore the option of keeping Lee.

We would then start the season with a lineup of:

PG-S-Rod
SG-T-Mac
SF-Gallo
PF- Lee
C- Amare

This is an improved version of our current team.

THEN we make use of Curry's expiring deal, which is nearly 12 million dollars. We could then send Curry's contract along with Lee to the Magic for Vince Carter (the Magic are starting to realize their overpaying of players is going to catch up with them).

We then have a lineup of:

PG-S-Rod
SG- T-Mac
SF- Carter
PF- Gallo
C- Amare

This team also has talent to be a playoff team.

Then, once the season is over, we dump the 17 million dollars owed to Vincanity and can explore the option of bringing in a player like Carmelo or a Kevin Durant. Durant has yet to sign an extension so this could be an awesome option. Not to mention, if Bosh or Wade decide not to opt out, then they would become free agents this year as well, giving us a chance to make a run at one of them.

PG- S-Rod
SG- T-Mac
SF- Durant
PF- Gallo
C- Amare

That team can contend in the East most definitely. Especially as Durant continues to develop.

Hell no. I don't want vince carter. He's less than a shadow of his former self. And the odds of Durant coming here is less that that of James...

Let's use that Eddy Curry contract for Emeka Okafor. He's a true center and blocks shots, and it's what we need. With a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks per game, he's what we need.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Keep It Young!

Hell no. I don't want vince carter. He's less than a shadow of his former self. And the odds of Durant coming here is less that that of James...

Let's use that Eddy Curry contract for Emeka Okafor. He's a true center and blocks shots, and it's what we need. With a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks per game, he's what we need.

I can't believe people getting boners over declining veterans either.

Okafor is a good call.

Keeping McGrady (unless it's @ sub $4m) is not a good idea.

th3realicon

Rotation player
How about signing 2 second tier superstars in this years free agency and than wait till Currys fat arse/contract gets off the books and go after CP3 and/or Carmelo.

I hated the Carmelo idea but imagine this:

Joe Johnson
Boozer
Lee
Gallo
Sergio

Joe Johnson
Boozer
CP3/Melo
Gallo
Lee

And people do discount that Kobe is in the same shoes as Wade and Lebron are. He too can opt out. He is the only superstar that has clearly been favorable playing in NY

tiger0330

Legend
We'll probably wind up with a player like Joe Johnson or Amare whose teams don't offer max long term deals of 6 years, then we can compete with the 4 year deals like the Hawks offered Johnson.

One thing I heard but I never hear mentioned is the high personal income tax rate in NY discouraging players from signing here vs. a team in Texas or Fla. And has there ever been a player that has signed with the Knicks that mentioned the marketing opportunities as the reason he signed, every player I can remember came here because the Knicks offered more money.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Normally, no. But New York hasn't had a real superstar in ages. If one finally comes to New York, the city will explode.

Just look at the McGrady trade. How many more people starting coming to this forum because we traded for a 30 year old former all star? T-Mac isn't even a superstar anymore, and yet signing him created so much more buzz for the Knicks. Imagine what would happen if a player like LeBron singed up here...goodness.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
If we spent all of this money on two max guys, we would likely have a team unable to fill in the spots of players whose contracts are up.

So what's to make Lebron come to NY? Gallinari and Chandler. HA!!!

Paul1355

All Star
Alright, obviously the free agent market next year makes a large majority of Knicks fans excited, but lets think about whats really going to happen with the top flight free agents.

Chris Bosh, despite the rumors is probably not going to sign with New York. When it was asked by a Knicks fan if Bosh will be coming to New York, he responded by laughing at the notion as if it were an insult. He will likely go to Miami or stay in Toronto (a team that has gained momentum this season). Dwayne Wade has already stated he will probably stay with Miami, they have just as much cap space as us. So Wade will likely end up with another star on his team, possibly Bosh. If Wade doesn't sign with Miami, his first choice would probably his hometown of Chicago, where he currently resides.

LeBron has been vague about his intentions. His team seems in good shape currently. If he wins a Championship, he's staying in Cleveland. The Nate Robinson trade was brilliant. Boston will likely be facing Cleveland in the playoffs, Robinson will probably help Boston by scoring prolifically off the bench. This could be a major factor in keeping Cleveland from even going to the Finals, if Boston beats them. If LeBron can't even get to the finals, he's bound to get out Cleveland and we're the frontrunners in that race. I say Cleveland still has a good shot at winning the Finals, thereby keeping LeBron. But, I think the odds for us to get LeBron are one in three.

I think Joe Johnson is likely going to sign with us. Atlanta offered him a very solid deal for $60 million over 4 years, a fair and solid contract. He turned it down. This means he is not confident in his future with Atlanta. In Phoenix, Johnson was coached by D' Antoni, where they had a good chemistry. Johnson has stated that D'Antoni is a great coach and largely credits him for his development as a player. Johnson is the most likely of the free agents to sign with us next year, especially since we have no one at the SG position.

McGrady has stated he wants to continue to play for the Knicks and will accept less money.
I see also see us signing Joe Johnson....getting a Center like Camby and resigning either Lee or T Mac

Not really a dream off season but it can keep us competitive until 2011 when Paul and Melo are available...those two might be Knicks.