3/1/2010 Knicks-Cavs Game Thread

KBlack25

Starter
I didn't see one, so I thought I would make one.

3/1/2010

The New York Knicks @ The Cleveland Cavaliers

From the Quicken Loans Arena
Quicken%20Loans%20Arena.jpg

For the Knicks:

13 - Sergio Rodriguez
3 - Tracy McGrady
21 - Wilson Chandler
8 - Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari
42 - David Lee

For the Cavs:

2 - Mo Williams
13 - Delonte West
23 - LeBron James
4 - Antawn Jamison
17 - Anderson Varejao

Shaquille O'Neal is not playing and it was announced today he is out for the rest of the regular season.

Old School Joint of the Day:

Most of you go to the 90s for Old School, but I decided to go way back for this one...

Sorry, I know it's a weak thread, just threw it together in a few minutes. Enjoy the game tonight guys (and girls)...

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Bill Walker getting a lot of play...that dunk was NASTY he just threw down (literally as I'm typing this). High energy guy looks pretty decent...

jpz17

Starter
I love that lineup

Bill Walker or Wilson Chandler will attend the All Star Game for the Dunk contest no doubt

KBlack25

Starter
eek...just realized I made it 2009 not 2010...it has been a long day haha...and these knicks aren't making it go much better.

tiger0330

Legend
There goes the theory about the Knicks needing size to play D. The Cavs don't have Shaq or Z and yet they keep us out of the lane and make us shoot jump shots. On the other end the Cavs making layups and easy shots. This game shows me the team either has no heart or terrible coaching.

LeFlume

All Star
Sell the whole team to New Zeeland or something. This is more than discusting. I can't take this much longer. GIVE ME A TEAM THAT CAN AND WANT TO PLAY DEFENSE.

X-FACTOR

Rookie
Man the cavs are really exposing our defensive weakness.And TMAC could at least do something or at least try to be a threat..he's just standing around w/no productivity what a waste of minutes.He's not helping the team at all..either do something or don't play at all..he's hurting us even more.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Duhon did us in, but D'Ant's choice,50 starts, killed us and next year

Did Duhon shoot at the wrong basket, I saw nothing different that the first 50 games.? First 50 games 35 minutes, now with the new guards, which ain't no better than the old guards we still suck.

Think if your Lebron, do I really want to play with that cast?

That is Cleveland about 5 years ago. I need more press?

T-Mac is getting younger and his legs back, so he is ready to lobby Lebron, ya, that will seal the deal.

This is not even fun, it is like a pro team playing a Division II school.

Click, Head to Italy D'Antoni, bring Gallo (best shooter you ever saw with you, and Duhon to start 70% of your season and never break double digits).:boohoo:

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
I'm going to the game against the Pistons on Wednesday...:barf:

Gallinari looks like a deer in headlights every game now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wow were our boys really down 101-59 at the end of three quarters???? Looks like our Knicks are mailing it in again down the stretch. I thought T-Mac would actually make a difference, but looks like he is giving in to the loser mentality as well.

I keep thinking that D'antoni just needs better players, but Walsh may have to think about making a change. D'antoni looks to have lost this team. His godson is regressing as the season stretches and the team is out of gas because of his short rotation. You just can't be this bad without looking at the coach.

The change needs to be made before the summer because NONE of the A-list free-agents will want to come play for a team this bad. The A-listers already have a pile of money, they are playing for rings now. And our Knicks aren't even respectable. Why would Lebron want to leave a good team to go play for a crappy one like ours??? NYC or not it makes no sense. Its amazing that a major market team like this has been allowed to be this bad for this long. David Stern may have to do something because Knicks management is too dumb to help themselves. Glad I didn't see a minute of this debacle, sorry for those of you who did.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. This is despicable. Why? I know the Cavaliers are a good team.

But is our team so bad that we can't even compete with the Cavaliers' second stringers? LeBron only played 31 minutes.

That means for a period of 17 minutes (ie more than a QUARTER) we got balled on by the Cavaliers' second stringers. And we couldn't even win a game? Is our team really bad to the point where we legitimately have a hard time scoring and defending against the likes of JJ Hickson and Delonte West and Anderson Varejao? Do we really suck THAT much?

I'd understand it if LeBron came in and dropped a deuce on us. That can't be helped - he's the best player in the game, and he owns everybody, especially our team that has no defense.

But to allow Hickson and Flopajao and West and Leon Powe to come in and take a dump on us? That's not acceptable. Our team is better than that.

My selling point for LeBron to come to New York was always that without LeBron, the Cavaliers' supporting cast was no better than the Knicks'. Evidently I was dead wrong, because at least the Cavs' supporting cast can play some defense and force us to take bad shots, whereas our first stringers can't even dent them. They turned the ball over more often than we did and yet we got blown out by 30 points...because they grab boards. We don't. They had 14 offensive rebounds. We had two. You know what that is? Lack of hustle and a sheer lack of caring. It's sad.

CoolClyde

unbelievably poor game

this has got to be the lowest point of the season, I couldn't even bear to watch the 2nd half! It was so non-competitive! NO DEFENSE! NO OFFENSIVE PLAYS! I started missing the friggin Giraffe and Duhound, it was that bad!

is it any wonder that 3 new players can come in and start playing huge minutes right away? It's because this team has no set offense, due to the D'amnfool coaching of this squad. If his SSOL is not implemented, he HAS no plan. He's being exposed for what he is... No-D'antoni.

N8 was traded to the Celtdicks and was immediately given a playbook to study, to integrate himself into a winning schematic, based on defense AND offense. The Knicks have no such plan, D'ammit!

I cannot see Lebron coming here at this point. Thanks alot Donnie!
:barf::gony:

on a brighter note, Billy SkyWalker looked pretty good, and should be a keeper.

jimkcchief88

All Star
OMG just made the mistake of watching the "highlights" or lowlights depending on your point of view. Wow. These clowns are not worthy of wearing KNICK uniforms until further notice. They should be made to turn them in like Nebraska's Blackshirt defense a few years ago. D'antoni needs to make these clowns(including himself) wear pink like they are inmates from D'antoni's beloved AZ. Maybe that would get thier attention.....