Besides Lebuhon, are any of these fools worth a max contract?

Who is worth a max contract? (mult. choice)

• Lebuhon

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Miss Bosh

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Atari Stoudaretire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Fade

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Joe Johnson

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
First off i just wanna say that i dont think lebrick is coming to new york, I believe he will stay in Cleveland

So that brings me to

Dwayne Wade

In my opinion, probably the 2nd best after lebronze. But hes 28 years old, injury prone, and a poor 3 point shooter. I think hes already lost some of his athleticism because of injuries, even though hes still very athletic.

Amare Stoudamire

Now theres no doubt about it that the knee surgeries took something away from his hops. Amare is 27 years old, if he can stay healthy then hes still got some very good years ahead of him. He is a very good player around the basket, but he is soft on defense and doesnt rebound as much as he should. I think hes averaging just under 9 rebounds, that Phoenix front line is very soft with him and Frye. To me, a pf or C thats deserving of a max contract should make a very big impact on both ends of the court.

Chris Bosh

I go back and forth between Bosh and Amare (no homo). Bosh will be 26 in a couple of weeks so he's the youngest. Hes a very good scorer, has a nice jumpshot, can score around the basket (but probably not as good as he should be able to, Amare definitely has the edge here). At least Bosh averages 11 rebounds unlike Atari Stoudaretire, but Bosh blocks barely over one shot a game. Chris Bosh is terry cloth, that means hes very soft. Well, not very soft but hes certainly on the soft side. Wade blocks just as many shots as Stoudamire, and only .1 less then Miss Bosh.

To conclude my thread, we got Dwayne Wade who could potenially be dwayne fade, as in his game might start to fade at a younger age then other superstars usually do. Then we got Miss Bosh and Atari stoudaretire, two big guys that can score, run the floor well but do not make enough of an impact on the defensive end to be worth a max contract.

I'd like to see us get Joe Johnson, he'll probably be a little cheaper then the big 4 (lebuhon, bosh, stoudamire, wade). He is older then all of them but if the price is right, i see him as a good player to go after.

And i just wanna say one more thing, I've seen other posters kinda touch on this and im not trying to steal ideas from anyone. I just think this topic deserves a thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I agree LePrick is going to remain in Cleveland.

There's plenty of talk about that marketing upside on hoopshype.com at the moment that'd make you think again though.
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

There's also some killer stuff on spankwire.com

I also, being a tightwad, would grant a max to the best of the free agents alone.

Wade > Bosh > Amare in order of monetary worth after LeBelch.

I've never liked the idea of Johnson. Vets should be added to successful young teams - not teams on a complete turn around.

Bosh and Gay sounds great to me. Not Gayness with Bosh. That'd be gay.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wade and Bosh are easily worth max money. Amare is overrated and injury prone.

I should have worded it differently, wade is worth the max contract but im not sure if i was a gm that i would give him one just because of the number of games hes missed in his career. Hes a great player but hes somewhat wreckless on the court at times, and he could potentially be an accident waiting to happen.

As far as Bosh goes, i see him gettin more praise this year then ever before, but I still dont think he makes a big enough impact on defense. I've seen him have games where he carries the Raptors to victories, but i have also seen him have games where he doesnt step up in the 4th like he should, and as a result the raptors have suffered some losses to teams that they are probably better then.

If Bosh was as good as they say he is, I think Toronto would be doing more then struggling to stay a couple games above 500 in a weak eastern conference. They got some talent on that team with Calderon, Turkoglu, and Bargnani.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

There's plenty of talk about that marketing upside on hoopshype.com at the moment that'd make you think again though.

I also, being a tightwad, would grant a max to the best of the free agents alone.

I've never liked the idea of Johnson. Vets should be added to successful young teams - not teams on a complete turn around.

no homo but i would love to get gay...and thats a good point about joseph johnson

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Wade single handedly won a ring, he's worth every penny of the max contract. He's almost up there with Lebron.

Bosh is also worth the max contract, but to be the second option. He isn't a first option on a championship contender, at least he hasn't proven he can be.

Amare isn't worth the max.
Gay isn't worth the max.
Joe Johnson isn't worth the max.

I'd love to get Joe Johnson here, but he probably is going to demand the MAX. And Rudy Gay has been impressive but we already got a clog at the SF position.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
we need either a PG, SG, or C

d. wade would have to start @ pg which would be fantastic

if we could get bosh @ C that would be crazy

Wade
Tmac
Gallo
Lee
Bosh

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
just having lee and bosh would be good.

t-mac
chandler or walker
gallo
lee
bosh

and then sign another big point scorer who doesnt have a huge contract to score big points off the bench even re signing someone like harrington who can put up 15+ a game would be nice

iSaYughh

Starter
I personally don't want Lee and Bosh. Mainly bc I see it being ripe for us to snag a *true* C via trade, between Curry and Chandler as building block of a package.

It's either Bosh or Lee, IMO, which is a real tough call, especially when you factor in the implications of luring Lebron, salary diffs, Lee's passing, and their defensive comparisons as Lee is playing so out of position.

The way our team seems to be being assembled, I want us to hold out for a true C whose game is defined by consistency, size, and D. Hello Emeka.

Wade is for sure interesting, between is unparalleled game (Lebron aside), and his scary health+age combo. Thankfully (?) I think Wade is the least likely to sign with us so we won't have to make the gamble (not that it's a bad gamble, I just don't want us gambling at this point).

I love Gay's game, but the logjam at SF could be rough.

Lebron --> Bosh --> Lee --> Johnson....are the 4 targets I want us to obtain in order of preference...and Bosh vs. Lee is one of the most interesting questions I can think of this season.

sweet thread.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't think the Knicks are going to get Lebra and Panties James,
Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, or Joe Johnson. They're technically not even free agents(with the exception of Joe Johnson). They have opt out clauses which means they're most likely going to ask for a better offer from the team they're already playing for before exploring other options.

The only free agents I see the Knicks having a chance of getting is
Amare Stoudamire(because the Suns don't want him) and Rudy Gay(because he's greedy and is trying to get a max contract despite not deserving one).

Amare Stoudamire is also technically not a free agent, either.
He has an early termination option which means the Suns will most likely try to sign and trade him, rather than letting him go for nothing.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Depends on the Curry contract situation.I'd like Lee and Bosh next season, and Melo the next.Maybe Johnson or Gay, but definitely not max for them.Bosh I don't even consider a max, but I wouldn't be mad over giving him it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lebuhon has to be the most insulting nickname for lebronze....just to combine any name with Chris Duhons is...very disrespectful. I outdid myself with this one :2cents:

It looks like some people agree with me, but the majority feel that Bosh is also worth a max contract. I can respect that, although i disagree.

Paul1355

All Star

lmao nice play on words.....Bosh and Rudy Gay would be pretty good but if we get Gay then we have to trade Chandler or Gallo for a big man or a 1st round pick...we can't be over loaded with small forwards...we need size and picks.

I think Wade and James are the only 2 max guy's.

That being said I'd like for old Donnie Walsh to be a little greedy with his $$$ this summer and sign Joe Johnson to a less than max contract, say somewhere around 13 million and then get Lee to sign for around 10.5.
(this would save us a lot of $$$)

Then we trade away Curry's fat ass contract to the Hornets for Emeka's long contract.(Hornets=Cheap Ownership)

Retain Sergio,T-Mac,Walker and House all to cheap contracts.

Sign Marcus Camby

Look like -

T-Mac/Sergio/House/TD
Johnson/T-Mac/House/TD
Gallo or Chandler/Walker
Lee/Chandler/Camby/Draft pick
Emeka/Camby/Draft pick

AND in 2011-2012 REPLACE T-Mac with the DURANCHULA Kevin Durant! (or Mello :)) and shift the line-up around a little with Joe at the point with Sergio.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Durant is already lobbying for an extension in OKC and they aren't gonna let him become a free agent when he's a future MVP.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Durant? Lol I've been riding this guy's dick since high school. I'd take him over Lebron any day of the week. Unfortunetely Smokes is right. Durant wants an extension, and Sam Presti is not letting this guy go anywhere. I guess in a way I like loyalty a lot, so I hope he stays a Thunder for life (unless the Knicks get him lol).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
lmao nice play on words.....Bosh and Rudy Gay would be pretty good but if we get Gay then we have to trade Chandler or Gallo for a big man or a 1st round pick...we can't be over loaded with small forwards...we need size and picks.

We absolutely need size and picks. It's gotten to the point where I am considering self mutilation I'm so bothered by it.

Trading either of those 2 (Gallo/Wil) would be fine by me. I'm so entirely sick of their ****ing games.

I'm sure we all remember the beginning of this season? Do we? Knick head lines read that Chandler and The Cock were the building blocks of the Knicks?

What a ****ing joke.....

paris401

Starter
i think chandler has progressed this season... nice young guy with upside... 'zip'ole on the other hand show me zip... maybe he turns out to be the next best thing to pasta... but i don't see it...