Mcgrady 2 Keep Point forward Position

Why not just keep mcgrady at the point forward position for the rest of the year. I mean the knicks have nothing to lose so why not. I think this may be the best way for him to get up to game shape. With the ball in his hands for most of the time, he can get into rhythm faster, and his confidence will build up. Plus since he is so involved i think his conditioning will get better at a faster pace. He is so smart with the ball i rarely see him make a full blown mistake(cough, al harrington ,cough). And he is the best passer on this team by far.

on a side note: really what is up with harrington. I mean he is a good player but he doesnt think things through sometimes.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Why not just keep mcgrady at the point forward position for the rest of the year. I mean the knicks have nothing to lose so why not. I think this may be the best way for him to get up to game shape. With the ball in his hands for most of the time, he can get into rhythm faster, and his confidence will build up. Plus since he is so involved i think his conditioning will get better at a faster pace. He is so smart with the ball i rarely see him make a full blown mistake(cough, al harrington ,cough). And he is the best passer on this team by far.

on a side note: really what is up with harrington. I mean he is a good player but he doesnt think things through sometimes.

We're slowly bringing T-Mac back, remember dude had microfracture surgery and players typically aren't the same after that type of procedure. You're right though, it would be pretty good for our team. We really have nothing to lose so sure, why not.

Harrington is the forward version of Jamal Crawford. Excels as a 6th man (when he was with GSW as Jamal is in Atlanta), and sucks as a main option. Gotta hate those inconsistent players. But watch if we ever develop a winning team he'll be a lot more efficient.

We're slowly bringing T-Mac back, remember dude had microfracture surgery and players typically aren't the same after that type of procedure. You're right though, it would be pretty good for our team. We really have nothing to lose so sure, why not.

Harrington is the forward version of Jamal Crawford. Excels as a 6th man (when he was with GSW as Jamal is in Atlanta), and sucks as a main option. Gotta hate those inconsistent players. But watch if we ever develop a winning team he'll be a lot more efficient.

yea i understand bringing him back slowly but if his body responds well to playing the point forward position for a couple more games i dont see any better way to get him up to speed then to have him play that position.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
At this stage, playing him at the point should be about evaluation. I'd play him solely to test his fortitude. Test that resume of injury after injury and determine whether or not he's worth resigning next year.

Because let's face it, this year is over. And is it worth lessening Sergio's minutes going in to July without a signed and certified PG?

Considering that, I'd play S Rod as the starting 1 with T Mac, Walker, Lee and Bender throughout the 2-5 purely for the sake of evaluating next year's potential back court and having a 7 footer in the paint to take some interior pressure off Lee.

My god that almost sounds like a traditional starting line up.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Except knowing Mike D he'll be playing Gallo at the 4 and Lee at the 5.

It IS important to get Gallo experience, he needs to adjust to the NBA. He should probably get a couple of breaks since he appears to be wearing down cause he's not used to playing this many games, but still, we can't just use him off the bench instead of Jonathan Bender

tiger0330

Legend
D'ants tried Tmac at the point against the Pisons and it worked so I expect that Tmac starts again at PG until it stops working. The key is keeping Walker and Mcgrady out on the floor together as much as possible, gives us scoring and a big backcourt to offset a small frontcourt,

Sergio is going to get plenty of time to evaluate whether we want to resign him at PG but he's a FA and might not be here next year so I am for winning as many games as we can so we don't have to give Utah a lottery pick.

spiegel8

Rookie
The thing is noone on this team makes they're teammates better then tracy. it's not just the playmaking, there is also the consistent double teams he draws that opens up the game for the other shooter on the knicks.

What i wanna see tracy do more is postup the smaller guards and either get easy points in the post or draw fouls that will force teams to be less aggressive on defense due to being in foul trouble.mac is a matchup nightmare and the knicks need to milk it for all it's worth.

X-FACTOR

Rookie
yup that's why he's one of the most dynamic and versatile players in the game.He has taken the responsibility of handling the ball and running plays for many years in orlando and houston especially...he was they're best post entry passer and w/ the attention that he draws and his court vision he really caused problems for the other team.If he doesn't get the assist notice he makes the past that leads to an assist.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Don't we want to evaluate and develop SROD? He has a better chance at being our longterm solution at PG than Tmac does. Honestly Tmac is 31 and injury prone...he should be icing on the cake and not a focal point of our plans moving forward.

Don't we want to evaluate and develop SROD? He has a better chance at being our longterm solution at PG than Tmac does. Honestly Tmac is 31 and injury prone...he should be icing on the cake and not a focal point of our plans moving forward.

yes but you will have more than enough time to develop SROD. T-mac has 20+ games left of this season to get back into game shape. The knicks have nothing else to play for so why not see how he responds. Nothing wrong with experimenting at this point right?

p0nder

Starter
I think the Knicks will stick with the current rotation/lineup until it doesn't work. Showcasing T-Mac's talents to potential Max FA's is potentially just as important as bringing Sergio along.

T-Mac CAN be a focal point of the offense. And honestly, is 31 that old? I mean, how old were Stockton and Malone? They were playing at a superstar caliber right to the bitter end.

T-Mac, if he stays injury free could once again get to a very high level and with him being willing to take a minimum contract to win a title, I think you give him every opportunity to show his stuff.

As was also mentioned Tmac is a play maker and is very creative with the ball. He gets those "Hockey" assists (passing to the player that makes the pass to the scorer). Having a great contributor and veteran guard out there is GREAT for S-rod and Douglas because now they have that "big brother" player to show them the ropes... Much better then learning bad habits from Duhound.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. I have no problem with McGrady being the leader of this team - this team needs a leader badly.

That being said I'm a big fan of Sergio Rodriguez potentially being part of this team long-term as well. We'll see how that goes.