False religion on it's last legs.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/03/09/nigeria.violence.explainer/index.html?iref=allsearch

This is bad on all levels for the world. Tragic loss of life from events like this, with both sides claiming to have God's backing. shameful.

Pretty soon, the powers that be will eliminate false religion. Events like this, the israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the overall decline in religious people in the world are the tell tale signs. A group of religious people have been preaching the end of false religion for years. Who will heed the warning?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Religion will ebb and flow with time and historical events. It's pendulum that can swing in both directions. We are in an age of scientific mastery but our growth as a species will not always be smooth. We are one global financial collapse away from an entire generation growing up in strife without a decent education leading many to fall back on the crutch of religion. It may not happen in our life times but society will reset many times before it's all over.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
A religious person complaining about one group of religious people killing another group of religious people. What's the common problem here? Religion! Irony?

A religious person complaining about one group of religious people killing another group of religious people. What's the common problem here? Religion! Irony?

You have a problem paying attn. the topic is "FALSE RELIGION IS ON IT"S LAST LEGS".

I'm complaining about "FALSE RELIGION". If those involved parties were truly following their respective faiths, this event would never have happened. Point blank, smart guy.

Religion will ebb and flow with time and historical events. It's pendulum that can swing in both directions. We are in an age of scientific mastery but our growth as a species will not always be smooth. We are one global financial collapse away from an entire generation growing up in strife without a decent education leading many to fall back on the crutch of religion. It may not happen in our life times but society will reset many times before it's all over.

The world will do nothing but continue to get worse and worse. Even in the age of science mastery, the world is becoming a worse place to live in each day. And there is nothing man can do apart from God to fix it. And they've tried everything. EXCEPT RIDDING THE WORLD OF FALSE RELIGION.

That's coming real soon.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You have a problem paying attn. the topic is "FALSE RELIGION IS ON IT"S LAST LEGS".

I'm complaining about "FALSE RELIGION". If those involved parties were truly following their respective faiths, this event would never have happened. Point blank, smart guy.

Your sarcasm is childish. You believe every religion is false except your own. As do all religious people. Hence, the irony.

And once again, you're wrong.

Koran Surah 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

The Koran tells them to kill the non-believers.

Your sarcasm is childish. You believe every religion is false except your own. As do all religious people. Hence, the irony.

Cept for the fact that what Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching unfolds right in front of everyone's faces. Only the blind and ignorant miss it, to be honestly frank.

And once again, you're wrong.

Koran Surah 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

The Koran tells them to kill the non-believers.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/03/03/fatwa.against.terror/index.html?iref=allsearch

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The world will do nothing but continue to get worse and worse. Even in the age of science mastery, the world is becoming a worse place to live in each day. And there is nothing man can do apart from God to fix it. And they've tried everything. EXCEPT RIDDING THE WORLD OF FALSE RELIGION.

That's coming real soon.

So all religions are "false" except for yours? I personally am agnostic bordering on atheist but that type of certitude you display is exactly what is wrong with ALL religions.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, the world is infinitely better place to live in now than it was even 100 years ago. Advancements in science, technology expansion of liberty and equal rights for woman spring to mind as examples of progress we have made.

Last edited:
So all religions are "false" except for yours? I personally am agnostic bordering on atheist but that type of certitude you display is exactly what is wrong with ALL religions.

I could see from your perspective why you would think so off hand. But a simple look into bible would reveal the truth. At some point in time, there had to had been one religion. If you trace back to before sin, there was one religion. Obviously, there is a correct way to worship God, which would make it true, and an incorrect way to worship God, false.

Do you really think if there is a God, he would agree with every form of worship? Could you honestly see the many religions on earth all of a sudden being cohesive in heaven, if they were actually going? Or would there be Jihad on the Christians, in heaven? Or would the God of the bible all of a sudden tolerate adultery, or homosexuality? Even if I were not religious, I still would believe in order. And there is no way a supreme being would allow such a lack of order, and call it worship. Good thing I don't have to speculate.

And another thing, just because all faiths say they are the way to God, does not mean they are. If they as a group are not living even up to their God's standards, then that alone is a false testimony. PERIOD. And that also does not mean that one of them cannot buck the trend.

I'll speak for me, maybe for the last time here. Jehovah's people believe wholeheartedly in the Bible as God's word to man, on moral issues, family issues, and according to all good will toward mankind in general. The hope of life eternal as God originally meant it for mankind. As a whole, you will find no other group on the planet more united in their faith. It is utterly amazing that a witness can be on one side of the globe, one day, travel to another the next, and still be able to present the very same material he would have in the previous country. You cannot find such a thing in any other faith. They do not stray from God's moral standards, to fit the times. Why? because God's laws and principles were meant to last forever, so what change is needed?

Every other faith sways and bends on moral issues. Is that order? Or is that changing with the times? Some Muslims say the Koran teaches peace and prosperity. Some say it's for Jihad. America and great Brit, once considered the cornerstones of the Christian world are watching the slow death of Christendom unfold before their very eyes. Why? Because the ones in charge were not doing God's will, but committing their own atrocities.

Bottom line really as a Christian should be, are you following Christ? Would Christ adhere to adultery, homosexuality, murder, lying, stealing, etc? The answer is an emphatic NO! Would Jesus say he is God? NO! Would Jesus say there is hell? NO! Once saved, always saved? NO! These are all things being OK'd Christendom, that has helped steer people away from Christianity in general. Just like Muslims who strive for peace are getting drowned out by Jihad.

Isaiah 2:2 And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: ?Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.? For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 4 And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

This has happened. This bible prophecy only concerns one group of people on earth, and That's Jehovah's witnesses. And not because I say so, but because they are the only one's willing to live this out. And that is just the plain ole truth. Handle it.

BTW, the world is infinitely better place to live in now than it was even 100 years ago. Advancements in science, technology expansion of liberty and equal rights for woman spring to mind as examples of progress we have made.

Those examples you gave only tell half the story. Some advancements in science have people scared to death. Nuclear and biological weapons comes to mind. And while liberty is a good thing, if not curtailed some, can be problematic. All for equal rights.

In the meantime, people are still starving, jobless, no health care, no moral standards (is there much on tv a kid can watch without some adult content?) Wars. If it's wicked, it's happening somewhere on earth!

Not to shoot you down, I understand what you mean, but for every good advancement we make, some idiot is taking it for his own gain, at the cost of lives. And that is simply because like Jehovah said, man is not able to guide his own footsteps. No matter how many advancements man makes, apart from God, he will fail.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/03/09/nigeria.violence.explainer/index.html?iref=allsearch

This is bad on all levels for the world. Tragic loss of life from events like this, with both sides claiming to have God's backing. shameful.

Pretty soon, the powers that be will eliminate false religion. Events like this, the israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the overall decline in religious people in the world are the tell tale signs. A group of religious people have been preaching the end of false religion for years. Who will heed the warning?
you people are fools...false religion will increase and has been increasing for centuries...we went from Pagan to the roman catholic chruch to now a million different type of religion...whoever thinks it is dying is a fool.

The one world religion, goverment, ruler, will happen, yes, but as of right now false teachers will increase and so will false beliefs....Revelation tells it all, read it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The funniest thing about this is that Paul is a born again christian and K4lyfe is a JW. Both Christians, yet both think the other is wrong and is following a false religion.

you people are fools...false religion will increase and has been increasing for centuries...we went from Pagan to the roman catholic chruch to now a million different type of religion...whoever thinks it is dying is a fool.

The one world religion, goverment, ruler, will happen, yes, but as of right now false teachers will increase and so will false beliefs....Revelation tells it all, read it.

Paul, pay attn. False religion is almost dead. The world is becoming less religious by the second. More people inclined to science, and less about religion. Or, those who could care less about either, just wanna do them.

And the decay of religion itself is not what will kill the Harlot, which IS False religion, spoken of in Revelation. The Governments worldwide will dispose of False religion. The appetite is already there. More and more governments are banning more and more religions, and taking away religious rights. This coupled with all the distress false religion has and is causing, And the fact that people care less about it, and the fact that more and more people believe that Science disproves God, are all the more reasons to rid the world of it. You call us fools, but at least we are paying attn. Who is the fool, besides the one who does not pay attn?

I've read revelation. Do you really wanna get into this?

The funniest thing about this is that Paul is a born again christian and K4lyfe is a JW. Both Christians, yet both think the other is wrong and is following a false religion.

I'm just gonna say that there is not a group on earth who follow the Christ more closely than Jw's. Even Jesus said many will acknowledge him as Lord, but he will turn them away. Meaning that there will be many professed followers of his, that are not truly following him. He says those who do ,NOT HIS WILL, but the will of his Father, will be saved. (Mat chap 7)

Only Jehovah's witnesses Acknowledge Jesus Father as the only true God. Just as Jesus did in John 17:3. If Jesus is the way, and only one group of people truly follow him, why then should this group shrink back, when they are truly the one's following the Christ?

There is only one group of true Christians on earth. And again, not because I say so, but because the Bible's description of a true Christian only fits JW's. Can't make this stuff up.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I could see from your perspective why you would think so off hand. But a simple look into bible would reveal the truth. At some point in time, there had to had been one religion. If you trace back to before sin, there was one religion. Obviously, there is a correct way to worship God, which would make it true, and an incorrect way to worship God, false.
You find truth in books and I find truth in life. I formulate my opinions and beliefs off of my experience not some book written by man thousands of years ago. I do not need the threat of damnation or the reward of eternal bliss to be a good person. Our values are inherent and developed out of a hunter/gatherer society long before man codified those ideas in books.

Have you ever played the game Operator as a kid? It's the game where kids sit in a big circle and one person whispers a message that is passed in secret from kid to kid. By the time the message gets to the end of the circle it only vaguely resembles the original message. Now take that concept and add politics, different languages and several thousand years and you begin to understand how flawed it is to put ones faith in a book. A book that has been edited, rewritten and translated thousands of times. Entire gospels, chapters and verses completely erased from existence depending on what pope, emperor or king was in power.

Do you really think if there is a God, he would agree with every form of worship?
Yes. I believe IF there were a god, an all powerful, all knowing supreme being he/she/it would not be so insecure as to care how one would go about showing respect or worship. Nor do I think god is so needy that he needs humans worshiping him at all. Further an all knowing being knows what is in your heart and does not need you to manifest your feelings outwardly. Praying and religion is for human beings, not god. According to your belief God knows everything that has happened and what will happen so why would one need to prove anything?

More specifically, I believe if there were a god that just being a good person is enough and one is free to worship (or not) any way they chose. I for one want no part in a supreme dictator that controls our every action and judges us not on our hearts but on what rituals we follow.

Could you honestly see the many religions on earth all of a sudden being cohesive in heaven, if they were actually going? Or would there be Jihad on the Christians, in heaven?
The concept that there is some eternal magical place we all go after we die is laughable. Especially a place where we retain our memories and bring the baggage of the physical world with us. NO, I am fairly confident none of us will be sitting on a cloud strumming a gold harp arguing over which religion is best.

Or would the God of the bible all of a sudden tolerate adultery, or homosexuality?
Well, the god of the bible does not exist and it is proven by all the flaws and mistakes in nature. Why would a perfect being like god have so many failures? Stars, planets and galaxies that fail to form. Babies born with deformities and genetic defects. etc etc

Further homosexuality exists in nature not just in humans. Under your belief, god created everything we see including homosexuality. Since homosexuality is not just a human manifestation one can safely conclude that it is not some "test" for humans. SO if there were a god I am sure he would accept homosexuals as he does all his other creations.

Even if I were not religious, I still would believe in order. And there is no way a supreme being would allow such a lack of order, and call it worship. Good thing I don't have to speculate.
Yet this supreme being tolerates it every day on earth. God does not need us to walk the path or test us when he knows everything we will ever do or think. Religion is so flawed and easy to pick apart.

You are entitled to your beliefs and I don't begrudge you for your religion. I take offense to anyone person or doctrine claiming they know the real way to god. The truth is, none of us know anything but what another flawed human being told us. One can be a good person and follow any religion or even no religion at all. Religion is a crutch to many who are looking for answers and nothing more. There are too many contradictions and false certitude in religious dogma for me personally to believe in any one god or book.

I could cling to the Old Testament, the original book and it's warnings about fake religions and false prophets to totally discount every religion that has come since. (including JW and other forms of Christianity) The truth is people pick and chose what parts they believe and what parts they dismiss. You are no better than the radical Muslim that believes all infidels are wrong and must be converted to Islam or suffer the fate of a punitive, intolerant supreme being.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm just gonna say that there is not a group on earth who follow the Christ more closely than Jw's. Even Jesus said many will acknowledge him as Lord, but he will turn them away. Meaning that there will be many professed followers of his, that are not truly following him. He says those who do ,NOT HIS WILL, but the will of his Father, will be saved. (Mat chap 7)

Only Jehovah's witnesses Acknowledge Jesus Father as the only true God. Just as Jesus did in John 17:3. If Jesus is the way, and only one group of people truly follow him, why then should this group shrink back, when they are truly the one's following the Christ?

There is only one group of true Christians on earth. And again, not because I say so, but because the Bible's description of a true Christian only fits JW's. Can't make this stuff up.

I would think Paul would disagree with you. Hopefully he will debate you.

The JWs have their own version of the bible. Different from Paul's and every other christian's version. In your version, there have been changes made to make it seem as though Jesus was not the lord. There are many instances in the real bible that state Jesus as the lord. But I'm sure Paul would like to take this up with you.

Also, you claim your religion is the only true religion. Interesting enough, devout followers of other religions believe the same thing. And have just as much evidence to support their claims as well.

How much have you studied Hinduism? What about Islam? What is your knowledge of these religions to make such a claim that they are incorrect?

Prove, without doubt, that these religions are false. Prove it based on your intimate knowledge of these religions, not by your knowledge of the bible.

You find truth in books and I find truth in life. I formulate my opinions and beliefs off of my experience not some book written by man thousands of years ago. I do not need the threat of damnation or the reward of eternal bliss to be a good person. Our values are inherent and developed out of a hunter/gatherer society long before man codified those ideas in books.

Have you ever played the game Operator as a kid? It's the game where kids sit in a big circle and one person whispers a message that is passed in secret from kid to kid. By the time the message gets to the end of the circle it only vaguely resembles the original message. Now take that concept and add politics, different languages and several thousand years and you begin to understand how flawed it is to put ones faith in a book. A book that has been edited, rewritten and translated thousands of times. Entire gospels, chapters and verses completely erased from existence depending on what pope, emperor or king was in power.

There is less proof of Hunter gatherer's existing hundreds of thousands of years ago, than anything in the Bible. You say I believe in books, you believe in life. Well last i checked, the bible writers were just as human as you and I. We're not exactly speaking humpty dumpty here. Real people, real events that can be proven to have happened. I'm taking Moses word over science's theory of these so called hunter gatherer's any day. He at least can be absolutely without a doubt, proven to have lived.

Secondly, the Bible is called the word of God. While written by many different men, in different era's and places, somehow, it manages to be harmonious and factual in real time events. some of the time, the specific writer was not even made to understand the meaning of what he was writing (chk the book of Daniel) So while men wrote it, does not mean it stems from them. Be no different from a writer being inspired to tell you're story. They pen it, but it's the book of your story. So the written by man thing pretty much holds no weight. It's just an excuse to ignore what's real.

Why do I say? Because there is no way these people penning this stuff would be able to know for sure what would take place long after they died unless someone with insight to future times was behind what was written. For example, the Isaiah passage i put up last. Chapter 2 starting in verse 2. How could Isaiah be able to control that prophecy from his grave? How is it that it has come to pass, exactly how it says it would? How did he know? He didn't. Jehovah did. So that is why I take this "book" as truth, because it's the only one with prophecy on earth. And since it only applies to one specific group, and there is a specific group of people in our times that have streamed to worship Jehovah, and they are made of of all nations and tongues, and they are taught Jehovah's ways by studying his word and living them, and they, unlike any other form of Christianity, will not lift up sword against any other people or nation, therefore not learning war anymore, I'd have to say that whoever inspired Isaiah to write this stuff, must know what they hell they are talking about.

And I don't need a super education to see that. I can just use my eyes and common sense.

Yes. I believe IF there were a god, an all powerful, all knowing supreme being he/she/it would not be so insecure as to care how one would go about showing respect or worship. Nor do I think god is so needy that he needs humans worshiping him at all. Further an all knowing being knows what is in your heart and does not need you to manifest your feelings outwardly. Praying and religion is for human beings, not god. According to your belief God knows everything that has happened and what will happen so why would one need to prove anything?
The problem with that theory is that God created us in his image. And his main attribute is love. Therefore, if he loves, he made us with the ability to love. To be able to love, you have to have free will. One shows a loving attitude because he wants to, not out of compulsion. Jehovah wants us to show him love. Being loving is not doing whatever you wish to a person and they just accept it on your terms. So in essence, you must be saying that God should not care if the humans he made in his image, which is love, shows love. And that's crazy.

No God does not need us. But out of love he created us. I'm thankful. So I try to show it, by returning it as best I can. One who says, i'll do what i want, he don't need me, he's all supreme and he can deal with whatever. That is an improper viewpoint according to him, and as the creator, guess what? He has the right to set the standard!!!! Just like you have the right to set the standard in your household.

Prayer is the direct way to speak to God. it is for both parties. Not just human. If you do not pray to God, you cannot posiibly have a relationship with him. Be no different than you not speaking to your parents at all, but saying you know and love them. That would be foolish.

And the Bible says that God is all knowing. But that does not mean that he chooses to press fast forward or rewind, or pause every chance he gets. Who's to say he does not at times just let it play? Hmmmm.

More specifically, I believe if there were a god that just being a good person is enough and one is free to worship (or not) any way they chose. I for one want no part in a supreme dictator that controls our every action and judges us not on our hearts but on what rituals we follow.
If God wanted to control humans, he would have made them robots. he would have stopped Adam and Eve from eating the forbidden fruit. You cannot show love without free will. God wants humans to love him because they want to. Especially since his laws and regulations ONLY HELP THE HUMAN FAMILY AVOID CALAMITY!!!!!!!!!!!

If we don't commit adultery, does that hurt or help the human race? If we don't lie, help or hurt? Steal? Murder? Take care of the earth? All of these things God warns us about. Newsflash, God is doing ok in heaven. We are suffering, because we call God looking out for us, him being a dictator. No wonder the world is jacked up! We got it backwards!! We're smarter than God!!!

The concept that there is some eternal magical place we all go after we die is laughable. Especially a place where we retain our memories and bring the baggage of the physical world with us. NO, I am fairly confident none of us will be sitting on a cloud strumming a gold harp arguing over which religion is best.
Jesus did resurrect Lazarus and a couple others in front of many witnesses(even his enemies). So you're already wrong, you can live again after you die, if Jehovah's permits it. in fact, he plans to bring billions of people back to life, in conditions he set up for Adam and Eve, just to show how he originally intended for mankind to live. And yes, they will have their memories, for the purpose to deciphering which way of life to choose. One apart from God in a wicked world (now) And one with God, and not a trace of wickedness around(new system)

Well, the god of the bible does not exist and it is proven by all the flaws and mistakes in nature. Why would a perfect being like god have so many failures? Stars, planets and galaxies that fail to form. Babies born with deformities and genetic defects. etc etc

Further homosexuality exists in nature not just in humans. Under your belief, god created everything we see including homosexuality. Since homosexuality is not just a human manifestation one can safely conclude that it is not some "test" for humans. SO if there were a god I am sure he would accept homosexuals as he does all his other creations.
I don't know enough about stars and planets, to be honest. It bored me to death in school, lol! But I will venture to say this. Science has done a remarkable job of explaining seemingly unexplainable things. Yet, they are constantly still learning about things they think they've figured out. Who's to say that does not apply to these stars and planets?

As far as Human deficiencies, simple answer, we're all born in sin. Which means we're sick. God intended for the human family to never die. We die because sin is a disease. It leads to genetic deformities and decay, and sickness and death. That is the penalty for sin. But Jehovah, out of his kindheartedness, has remedied the situation, through his Son, Christ Jesus. This is why Jesus performed such miracles as stopping the wind storm while walking on water, and bringing the dead back to life. If he can do that on a small scale, certainly he can do it on a grand scale. If you can stop a raging windstorm while walking on water, you can prevent natural disasters. If you can bring one dead person back to life, why not billions? If you can feed a crowd of thousands with 3 fish, And had some left over, you certainly can find a way to feed billions. No more hunger, no more death, no more worries of earthquakes and Tsunami's. Nice.

Yet this supreme being tolerates it every day on earth. God does not need us to walk the path or test us when he knows everything we will ever do or think. Religion is so flawed and easy to pick apart.

You are entitled to your beliefs and I don't begrudge you for your religion. I take offense to anyone person or doctrine claiming they know the real way to god. The truth is, none of us know anything but what another flawed human being told us. One can be a good person and follow any religion or even no religion at all. Religion is a crutch to many who are looking for answers and nothing more. There are too many contradictions and false certitude in religious dogma for me personally to believe in any one god or book.
God tolerates this world begrudgingly, I may add, for very good reason. It is to prove who has the right to rule, Mankind apart from God, or God. Man has failed miserably trying to live apart from the evil dictator, who wants us to Love him and each other and avoid calamity. And even if he does know, he has allowed us to know his plans, which will help us to choose to side with, or against him in this vital issue.

Good to humans is far beneath what is good to God. His standards are far better than ours. And they are for our benefit. What is good unless it's to our benefit to live? So if it's not as good as god intended for us, it will probably hurt us. So how can good apart from God, really be good?

There are no contradictions with Jehovah. There is, however, lack of understand. But only a humble person would acknowledge what they don't know or understand. That is precisely the person Jehovah looks for. Which explains why the world as a whole does not accept him, because the world lacks humility and love. Two things that Jehovah has in abundance more than any living creature in existence.

I could cling to the Old Testament, the original book and it's warnings about fake religions and false prophets to totally discount every religion that has come since. (including JW and other forms of Christianity) The truth is people pick and chose what parts they believe and what parts they dismiss. You are no better than the radical Muslim that believes all infidels are wrong and must be converted to Islam or suffer the fate of a punitive, intolerant supreme being.

Actually you cannot do such a thing, since the Bible is meant, like every other book, to be read in it's entirety. You won't read half of any other book, and try to tell a person who has not read it the whole story, would you? That being said, If one reads Hebrews chapters 11 and 12, they would then have to gather that Jehovah has had his witnesses on earth, as early as Abel!! So it is a laughable thing to say Jehovah's witnesses are a new, radical faith, when God's word says they have been around on earth long before the Jews became God's chosen people, and Christians afterward!

And it may be true that other Christian faiths pick and choose which parts of the Bible to believe and dismiss, but Jehovah's witnesses believe in it ALL!!! We do not pick and choose which parts fit us, which is the reason why our form of worship is acceptable to God, because we choose to allow his word to regulate our lives, And do not stray away from it, or bend it for our purposes!!! This is how come he had Isaiah pen what he did in chapter 2, because he knew he would restore true worship of him to stand out for the world to see! His very name, Jehovah, means "He who causes to become" In Hebrew. How could he live up to that name if he can't establish pure worship from the creatures he created? Will never happen.

And lastly, seriously, The last religious group on earth you're worried about is Jehovah's witnesses. Let's be real. Every other faith will willingly join their armies to go to war against other nations, even those in the same faith. Save Jehovah's witnesses. You really wanna compare us to radical Jihadist's? C'mon Son!

I would think Paul would disagree with you. Hopefully he will debate you.
I will discuss anything with him rationally. Especially the Bible. But he's already called us stupid. So I don't see how that could be.

The JWs have their own version of the bible. Different from Paul's and every other christian's version. In your version, there have been changes made to make it seem as though Jesus was not the lord. There are many instances in the real bible that state Jesus as the lord. But I'm sure Paul would like to take this up with you.
You're getting very weak at this. Clearly not your forte. LOL! I sound like Walt Clyde!

Jehovah's witnesses first and foremost, acknowledge Jesus as Lord. Since he is the Christ, which means "anointed one of God". If God anointed him, Christ, that must mean God has more power. If not, then he would not need to be anointed, for he is God. Make sense? Therefore, one who believes Jesus being Lord, makes his God, or on par, clearly misunderstands what the word "Christ" really means. Christ is not his last name, it is a title that he bears showing authority bestowed upon him.

So yes, Jesus IS LORD, HE IS CHRIST, HE is Messiah! He however, is not God almighty, and NEVER CLAIMED TO BE. Therefore, in order for anyone to disprove this, they must show where Jesus in fact says he is God. And i've read TONS of versions of the Bible and NEVER seen him say such a thing in any. I have, however seen him say HE HAS A GOD.

By the way, stop it with the weak argument "we have our own Bible". As if the whole Bible was changed for our doctrine. That's nonsense. JW's will use any Bible in the existence at anytime to show Bible truths. In fact, we used the vaunted KJ Bible for decades before the NWT was produced.

And a little tidbit about these other Bibles. You gripe about our updated version, which is in modern english, making it easier to understand, But also, it has properly restored the name of the author in places it is left out in these so called "real Bibles" you speak of. Why does the tetragrammaten appear over thousands of times on the torah, but these "real bibles" refuse to put God's name where it belongs when they translate it? Ask about that sometime. Ask why these "real bibles" Translate the word Sheol and haides, which both mean grave in their respective languages, to Pit, grave, hell in their versions?

But even with those discrepancies, if the theme of the Bible is understood, the bible, ANY BIBLE, is easy to follow.

Also, you claim your religion is the only true religion. Interesting enough, devout followers of other religions believe the same thing. And have just as much evidence to support their claims as well.

How much have you studied Hinduism? What about Islam? What is your knowledge of these religions to make such a claim that they are incorrect?

Prove, without doubt, that these religions are false. Prove it based on your intimate knowledge of these religions, not by your knowledge of the bible.

Actually, they do not have just as much evidence. They have belief, which is different than proof.

No matter what anyone says, if you look at Isaiah chapter 2 and it speaks of the separation between true worship of God vs worship of false Gods, Only one group around fits the bill. No matter how much you wanna jump up and down and stomp your feet. That's evidence.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
There is less proof of Hunter gatherer's existing hundreds of thousands of years ago, than anything in the Bible.
That is just not true. Even if it was it does not change my point that our values are inherent to being human and we do not need religion or a supreme being in order to be good.

Well last i checked, the bible writers were just as human as you and I.
Correct and neither you nor I are infallible. Why do you willingly accept a book as absolute truth when you yourself admit it was written by many men over a long period of time?

Real people, real events that can be proven to have happened.
So prove it. All you have is a book of stories, you have no proof, you have faith. Moses may have existed but no one can prove he spoke to a burning bush, split the red sea or wrote the word of God on a stone tablet.

Secondly, the Bible is called the word of God. While written by many different men, in different era's and places, somehow, it manages to be harmonious and factual in real time events. some of the time, the specific writer was not even made to understand the meaning of what he was writing (chk the book of Daniel) So while men wrote it, does not mean it stems from them. Be no different from a writer being inspired to tell you're story. They pen it, but it's the book of your story. So the written by man thing pretty much holds no weight. It's just an excuse to ignore what's real.
More proof that the book is man made and should not be accepted as absolute truth.

Why do I say? Because there is no way these people penning this stuff would be able to know for sure what would take place long after they died unless someone with insight to future times was behind what was written.
Really? So why is there no mention of electricity in the bible if it was meant to be timeless? Certainly god would have included a moral story of the implications of nuclear weapons...right? What about the moral implications of abortion, genetic engineering or the changing of the environment? If the book was indeed mmade by god and meant to be timeless certainly they would make mention of all these new moral and societal issues that the modern world grapples with. Instead we try jamming a round peg in a square hole. We apply stories in the bible to modern day events but they are not exact. Further the bible goes into specifics about events of that time.

The bible is clearly shown to be fallible when it gets the age of the earth wrong by a few billion years or asserts dinosaurs walked the earth with man. Before you say that God has a different concept on the length of a day or year remember there are countless other references to the length of a day in the bible that are accurate. Jesus rose after three literal days according to your beliefs so you cannot say that the bible uses some mysterious unit of measurement that in not quantifiable by us mere mortals.

Why do I say? Because there is no way these people penning this stuff would be able to know for sure what would take place long after they died unless someone with insight to future times was behind what was written. For example, the Isaiah passage i put up last. Chapter 2 starting in verse 2. How could Isaiah be able to control that prophecy from his grave? How is it that it has come to pass, exactly how it says it would? How did he know? He didn't. Jehovah did. So that is why I take this "book" as truth, because it's the only one with prophecy on earth. And since it only applies to one specific group, and there is a specific group of people in our times that have streamed to worship Jehovah, and they are made of of all nations and tongues, and they are taught Jehovah's ways by studying his word and living them, and they, unlike any other form of Christianity, will not lift up sword against any other people or nation, therefore not learning war anymore, I'd have to say that whoever inspired Isaiah to write this stuff, must know what they hell they are talking about.
You make arguments predicated on the teachings in a book you believe and state them as fact. You cannot argue the validity of the stories by using the stories as examples of record.

The problem with that theory is that God created us in his image. And his main attribute is love. Therefore, if he loves, he made us with the ability to love. To be able to love, you have to have free will. One shows a loving attitude because he wants to, not out of compulsion. Jehovah wants us to show him love. Being loving is not doing whatever you wish to a person and they just accept it on your terms. So in essence, you must be saying that God should not care if the humans he made in his image, which is love, shows love. And that's crazy.
This did not address my point at all. In essence we do not have free will since god already knows exactly what we are going to do. Why would one need to walk the path to prove anything if god is all knowing?

No God does not need us. But out of love he created us. I'm thankful. So I try to show it, by returning it as best I can. One who says, i'll do what i want, he don't need me, he's all supreme and he can deal with whatever. That is an improper viewpoint according to him, and as the creator, guess what? He has the right to set the standard!!!! Just like you have the right to set the standard in your household.
You can love who you want and chose to express that love how you see fit. The problem comes with the arrogance that your choice and beliefs are somehow the only correct or true beliefs. That arrogance and intolerance would certainly be frowned on by the very god you chose to believe in.

You are assuming that the man made book which you derive these standards from is somehow correct and divinely inspired. Your whole argument will always whittle down to faith because at its root there is no truth. There is no proof of anything other than what you wish to believe.

Prayer is the direct way to speak to God. it is for both parties. Not just human. If you do not pray to God, you cannot posiibly have a relationship with him. Be no different than you not speaking to your parents at all, but saying you know and love them. That would be foolish.
Wrong. God is supposedly all knowing so why would he need you to pray in order to know what is in your heart? Praying is for humans...its a comfort food for the masses.

And the Bible says that God is all knowing. But that does not mean that he chooses to press fast forward or rewind, or pause every chance he gets. Who's to say he does not at times just let it play? Hmmmm.
To a supreme being there is no past or future...there just is. Even science has proven that time is not linear and is relative. The 3 day life span of a fruit fly may seem like a 100 years. God does not nbeed to pause, fast forward or rewind anything...he just knows everything all at once.

If God wanted to control humans, he would have made them robots. he would have stopped Adam and Eve from eating the forbidden fruit. You cannot show love without free will. God wants humans to love him because they want to. Especially since his laws and regulations ONLY HELP THE HUMAN FAMILY AVOID CALAMITY!!!!!!!!!!!
So it's all a test yet he already knows all the answers...

If we don't commit adultery, does that hurt or help the human race? If we don't lie, help or hurt? Steal? Murder? Take care of the earth? All of these things God warns us about. Newsflash, God is doing ok in heaven. We are suffering, because we call God looking out for us, him being a dictator. No wonder the world is jacked up! We got it backwards!! We're smarter than God!!!
We do not need a god or higher power to understand why stealing or adultery is wrong. Further you have no idea "how god is doing". I am not suffering...speak for yourself.

Jesus did resurrect Lazarus and a couple others in front of many witnesses(even his enemies). So you're already wrong, you can live again after you die, if Jehovah's permits it. in fact, he plans to bring billions of people back to life, in conditions he set up for Adam and Eve, just to show how he originally intended for mankind to live. And yes, they will have their memories, for the purpose to deciphering which way of life to choose. One apart from God in a wicked world (now) And one with God, and not a trace of wickedness around(new system)
And people have seen the lochness moster, UFO's and bigfoot. Sorry but humans make shit up all the time. Just because a human wrote something 2000 years ago does not mean it is a correct portrayal of events. Why chose to believe that and not the story of Zeus and Hercules?

The fact that you speak with such certitude as if you know exactly what heaven is like and why things are the way they are is pretty crazy. I am willing to admit, I don't know what happens. What I do know is that there is ZERO evidence to backup your claims.

I don't know enough about stars and planets, to be honest. It bored me to death in school, lol! But I will venture to say this. Science has done a remarkable job of explaining seemingly unexplainable things. Yet, they are constantly still learning about things they think they've figured out. Who's to say that does not apply to these stars and planets?
This misses the point. Nature is brutal and imperfect even when man is not involved. A perfect being would not fail at forming stars or galaxies. We are a tiny spec in a near infinite universe during a small blip in time yet your arrogance would suggest that the world around you was created by a supreme being just for us. We are nothing, we are fruitflies living in a fraction of a second. We are microscopic compared to stars that are thousands of times bigger than our sun. We are nothing in this universe and to suggest we are made in gods image is an insult to any higher organism that may be out in the universe.

God tolerates this world begrudgingly, I may add, for very good reason. It is to prove who has the right to rule, Mankind apart from God, or God. Man has failed miserably trying to live apart from the evil dictator, who wants us to Love him and each other and avoid calamity. And even if he does know, he has allowed us to know his plans, which will help us to choose to side with, or against him in this vital issue.
Again, why would we have to prove anything to an all knowing being who simultaneously experiences everything at once?

There are no contradictions with Jehovah. There is, however, lack of understand. But only a humble person would acknowledge what they don't know or understand.
The irony of such a statement coming form someone who claims to know what "true" religion is and how best to have a relationship with god. What you don't understand you explain with faith and false certitude.

Actually you cannot do such a thing, since the Bible is meant, like every other book, to be read in it's entirety. You won't read half of any other book, and try to tell a person who has not read it the whole story, would you? That being said, If one reads Hebrews chapters 11 and 12, they would then have to gather that Jehovah has had his witnesses on earth, as early as Abel!! So it is a laughable thing to say Jehovah's witnesses are a new, radical faith, when God's word says they have been around on earth long before the Jews became God's chosen people, and Christians afterward!
How could they be around before Abraham? How could they bare witness to Jesus when he came to earth thousands of years after the old testament? How could they be here before the Jews who first prayed to the God of Abraham and created the OT? The old testament makes no mention of Jesus or JW. It even goes so far as to say when the messiah does come that the world ends. ...period. If you want to read the entire book and take it literally how could Jesus be the messiah if his coming did not bring forth the end times? The OT is clear on this.

ehovah's Witnesses is a restorationist,[1] millenarian[2] Christian denomination.[3][4][5] The religion reports worldwide membership of over 7 million adherents involved in evangelism;[6] they report convention attendance of over 12 million, and annual Memorial attendance of over 18 million.[7][8] They are directed by a Governing Body of elders which exercises authority on all doctrinal matters. Witnesses base their beliefs on the Bible, and prefer their own literal, conservative translation, the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.[9][10] The group emerged from the Bible Student movement,[11] founded in the late 19th century by Charles Taze Russell, with the formation of Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society. Following a schism in the movement, the branch that maintained control of the Society underwent significant organizational changes, bringing its authority structure and methods of evangelism under centralized control.[12][13] The name Jehovah's witnesses, based on Isaiah 43:10-12, was adopted in 1931.

Nope, you are making crap up. JW is a reltively new sect of Christianity. Christianity came several thousand years after Judiasim.

And lastly, seriously, The last religious group on earth you're worried about is Jehovah's witnesses. Let's be real. Every other faith will willingly join their armies to go to war against other nations, even those in the same faith. Save Jehovah's witnesses. You really wanna compare us to radical Jihadist's? C'mon Son!
I am not worried about JW and only compare them to radical Muslims because you both claim to be the true religion and actively try to convert people.

BTW...You completely dodged my point that homosexuality exists in nature and is not just a man made phenomenon.

Last edited: