Bill Walker

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I think this kid needs to play.
Broken up by stats, for new york, every time he has gotten over 30 mins he has put up over 20 points.
Every time he has put up over 12 shots, he has put up 20 points.
This kid is good. On the year hes shooting 55-92/13-31 at 59%/42%. Nobody on our team touches those stastical numbers, except for David Lee who shoots 55%, 0% behind the arc.

What do you all think? I have only seen him play a little, as I have to stream all games online but the games I have watched I like him a lot. I think he could fill a 6 man spot or better.

He is young and has plenty of room to improve, rebounds, assists etc but his defense hasn't been bad and hes powerful.

Paul1355

All Star
I think this kid needs to play.
Broken up by stats, for new york, every time he has gotten over 30 mins he has put up over 20 points.
Every time he has put up over 12 shots, he has put up 20 points.
This kid is good. On the year hes shooting 55-92/13-31 at 59%/42%. Nobody on our team touches those stastical numbers, except for David Lee who shoots 55%, 0% behind the arc.

What do you all think? I have only seen him play a little, as I have to stream all games online but the games I have watched I like him a lot. I think he could fill a 6 man spot or better.

He is young and has plenty of room to improve, rebounds, assists etc but his defense hasn't been bad and hes powerful.

I thought this guy would be a nice piece after his first game against Boston and he has impressed me every game.

I never thought he had an outside shot that was so consistent.
If he can polish his offensive game with his athleticism, ability to drive to the basket, and use his outside shot, then he can really be a nice player off the bench or even start.
He should be the main role player behind Al Harrington.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I thought this guy would be a nice piece after his first game against Boston and he has impressed me every game.

I never thought he had an outside shot that was so consistent.
If he can polish his offensive game with his athleticism, ability to drive to the basket, and use his outside shot, then he can really be a nice player off the bench or even start.
He should be the main role player behind Al Harrington.

There are like 5 scattered Bill Walker threads lol, we should just condense his stuff on one.

But I agree with this post. I remember saying how Walker would be another "scrub" when we first got him. He has impressed me, hopefully he improves on everything you mentioned.

XH20X

Rookie
He has opened up everyone's eyes for the most part. One thing I noticed, even though he shoots 3's pretty well, once he falls in love with 3 like Harrington, i feel that he loses his agressiveness towards the basket which makes that knicks a less dangerous team. But, overall its a nice upgrade for the team.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Who'd have thought that when we dumped Nate Robinson, we'd get someone like Bill Walker in return? Walker is cheap for us, and he actually guards people...once in a while...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm interested to hear what his agent says re Walker's team option this year. It's great that we have that team option, but I wouldn't be shocked if there's static about his salary.

I'm sure he's hoping we don't sign Joe Johnson.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
I'm interested to hear what his agent says re Walker's team option this year. It's great that we have that team option, but I wouldn't be shocked if there's static about his salary.

I'm sure he's hoping we don't sign Joe Johnson.
Chances are Johnson is the guy we are going to end up with...

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Sad but true

Chances are Johnson is the guy we are going to end up with...

I know. I am almost starting to like the idea because I'm girding myself for that inevitable fact.
Joe Johnson can provide a solid veteran presence at Guard for a year or so, but so were Starbury, the former-Franchise, (overpaid) Hughes, and currently a hobbled McGrady.

Joe's might be the man the Knicks can rally behind on their march back to mediocrity, but he's just not that caliber of all-star that will either force turnarounds in the paint or draw double-teams.

And if the Knicks are keeping a plethora of good guards (Rodriguez, Douglas, and yes, Walker) where does Joe go? Swingman with Chandler? (although I won't wouldn't be against it if he was offered less than max and was teamed with Bosh)

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
ya he would be a great assett to the team next year, IF he doesnt cost too much. I really do hope and pray his agent doesnt get too big headed and tries to steal the few last mill that would bring a Lebron/Wade/Bosh caliber here. We need to get one of those guys hands down, and most likely were gonna get Johnson..Another threads reading posts that Lebron would like to come if we had johnson. Interesting enough, but we need a big man. Bosh and Lebron wont work. Bosh wants to be the number one guy.

On the other hand, I created this thread, so I am very impressed in Walker. If he continues to impress he may be a good option/with Chandler for trade bait for a center; which i believe is by far our most needed position

CoolClyde

skywalker is a keeper

Skywalker has team options of $736,420 for 2010/11 and $854,389 for 2011/12. at that price, he's worth every penny, esp since he's only Knick with leaping ability other than under-rated Wil the Thrill Kill Chandler.

I agree, he needs the minutes to work more with Knick PG's (whoever that may be), and to showcase 3-point shot.

by all means, he is a KEEPER!

:peace:

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Apparently he's one of the few players that doesnt have an agent. Maybe thats a plus for the NYK.

Wow thats interesting, I think it will be good. He plays hard with reflects on his character. I see him as a humble guy, he was given a chance in New York that other teams would not have given him. I think he appreciates it comparing to his 6 or so minutes a game In Boston.

How bout Toney Douglas in the 4th last night...reallll clutch...he wants to play too