Granger anyone?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
But for a clue as to how Granger views the big picture, take note of his responses in a recent HoopsHype interview. Asked whether he thought LeBron James would re-sign with Cleveland this summer or leave, Granger said, "If I was LeBron, I'd go to New York."

And why?

"New York is the media mecca as far as endorsements and being able to expand your personal net worth," Granger said. "The exposure you can get there isn't only nationally but globally. New York does all that for you."

Did another potential superstar just join the 2010 orbit with that statement? Only if the Pacers pursued the unlikely approach of trading their best player as part of yet another attempt at rebuilding. But remember that Walsh drafted Granger, remember how much he loves tall, long shooters and recognize how unpredictable free-agent movement is going to be come July 1.

If the Knicks struck out on LeBron and had to settle for Joe Johnson, would Walsh then shift gears, find a way to massage David Lee's $11 million cap hold into the equation by retaining his Bird rights, and pursue a trade for someone of Granger's stature -- perhaps even dangling Lee as the bait? Exploring contingency plans has always been one of Walsh's strengths.

While there have been no conversations to date about Granger, a person familiar with both teams' situations wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility. Given his comments about the benefits of playing in New York, Granger clearly wouldn't dismiss it, either.

"Everybody is up for being moved, especially the way this situation has gone," Granger said.

In the meantime, Granger has nothing to do but find his way to the finish line of another abysmal season in Indiana, pursuing the futile goal of refining and improving his game on a team going nowhere.

"Winning is the ultimate measurement of everything," Granger said. "This year we just haven't been doing it."

Some things never change.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13063559/future-for-pacers-granger-uncertain-if-not-unrelated

Interesting. How would everyone feel about Danny Granger as the 2nd option? Sign a max contract player and sign-and-trade Lee for Granger. Bosh and Granger sounds pretty good. We would have to trade Chandler (Rubio?).

Thoughts?

smokes

Huge Member
He's pretty good, but again we'd have to drop Chandler/Gallo/Walker since we'd be overstacked at SF again.

I'd much rather have LBJ or Wade even though it's unlikely we'll get them just because they can fill a spot that we don't have occupied.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Got me thinking who would people have Granger or Gay? Larry Bird said he wanted to make Granger is cornerstone though, and I'm thinking Lee doesn't have the value that Granger would have. But still an interesting thought.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd prefer Granger to Johnson. Can't really see why he can't play the 2 considering his outside game.

It's not like he's carrying Indiana to the promised land though. He'd need a 2nd tier of high caliber.

Gay>Granger>Johnson

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Which ever one plays the best defense out of johnson, granger, and Gay (no homo)...The Hawks as a team play much better D then both the pacers and grizzlies. The Pacers have been one of the worst defensive teams for a minute now, that doesnt say much for anyone on that b!tchmade team :teeth:

Paul1355

All Star
Interesting. How would everyone feel about Danny Granger as the 2nd option? Sign a max contract player and sign-and-trade Lee for Granger. Bosh and Granger sounds pretty good. We would have to trade Chandler (Rubio?).

Thoughts?

Granger is that whole Pacers team, they are going to want more than David Lee for Granger....people think realistically....no one wanted Lee...his value has only increased by a small amount from last year, even though he is improving it's not like he is having a whole different season.

I see Granger coming here unlikely because we don't have anyone good enough to trade for him, Granger is one of the best players in the NBA. Perfect SF that can score, rebound, and block shots at a high level.

I would love for him to come here, and I am glad that he understands the endorsement deals in NY and the fame from coming here, but seriously who can we trade with equal value??? No one.

nyk_nyk

All Star
There's 0% chance they trade Granger for Lee. Even though the Pacers suck, Granger can acutally win games for you. Lee gets good end-game stats but won't win a game for you in the clutch.

Granger can take over games in the 4th qtr while Lee will get his numbers througout the game but never appear dominant while doing it. That's a downgrade for IND.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
There's 0% chance they trade Granger for Lee. Even though the Pacers suck, Granger can acutally win games for you. Lee gets good end-game stats but won't win a game for you in the clutch.

Granger can take over games in the 4th qtr while Lee will get his numbers througout the game but never appear dominant while doing it. That's a downgrade for IND.
You underestimate the fact that Larry Bird wants to field an all white basketball team. If we give him Lee and S-Rod for Granger I think he would cream his pants over that offer

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Lee and Chandler for Granger?

Maybe if we traded them Eddy Curry's expiring contract and took on one of their garbage contracts, they'd do the deal. Which means it won't happen, because I don't think the Knicks will (and frankly they shouldn't) take on any additional contracts, especially the Pacers' garbage ones.

clumsy

Rotation player
Is that a question if we could drop Chander and Gallo for Granger i would do it today. Great #2 option.