Grizzles will match any offer for Rudy Gay

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Notice that it was reported by "a group of season ticket holders". It's a business. They need to let their investors know that they are serious about winning and bringing in revenue. However, Memphis doesn't have the financial backing, or the willing to spend to keep Rudy Gay. Especially if a team like the Knicks, Clippers, Bulls or Wizards offer him big time money in the 14 mil range.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
seriously

Change Your Stupid Sig Itmakes No Sense To Have It Up Kobe Aint Coming And The Whole World Knows This..........

Its Irritating

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Change Your Stupid Sig Itmakes No Sense To Have It Up Kobe Aint Coming And The Whole World Knows This..........

Its Irritating
Is It More Irritating Than You Starting Every Single Word With A Capital Letter?

As if saying you are located in "Section 420" isn't a good enough indicator, you make a pretty good case for your intellectual capacity being that of a 14 year old's. I'm not surprised it doesn't make sense to you. A lot of things probably don't judging by the quality of your posts.

KirksORIG

Rookie
Notice that it was reported by "a group of season ticket holders". It's a business. They need to let their investors know that they are serious about winning and bringing in revenue. However, Memphis doesn't have the financial backing, or the willing to spend to keep Rudy Gay. Especially if a team like the Knicks, Clippers, Bulls or Wizards offer him big time money in the 14 mil range.

Very true, i didn't really think about it like that.

KirksORIG

Rookie
yeah, its a little lame, but i for one hope we get Rudy, i like his game and i think he could do really well in NY.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
yeah, its a little lame, but i for one hope we get Rudy, i like his game and i think he could do really well in NY.
I'd definitely consider him as a good option. We're a bit crowded at SF with Gallo and Will both playing the position naturally, but Wilson can play some shooting guard, and Gallo can play at PF so we could make it work. He'd definitely thrive in this system. He can shoot the 3 and run the court. Not a bad on ball defender either which would be nice. He'd be a nice upgrade to our wings.

The prize is still LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Johnson though. Not as much Johnson, but the rest would be my first priorities if I were a GM.

KirksORIG

Rookie
I'd definitely consider him as a good option. We're a bit crowded at SF with Gallo and Will both playing the position naturally, but Wilson can play some shooting guard, and Gallo can play at PF so we could make it work. He'd definitely thrive in this system. He can shoot the 3 and run the court. Not a bad on ball defender either which would be nice. He'd be a nice upgrade to our wings.

The prize is still LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Johnson though. Not as much Johnson, but the rest would be my first priorities if I were a GM.

Oh I agree, Lebron and bosh are most definitely my favorite picks, i'm not to sure about wade mainly because i can't see him coming to NY, i would love him here, but i can't see it happening. Lebron and Bosh i can see. And i still think that when Mcgrady gets back to full or almost full strength would be better for us than Johnson, not to mention we could pay him a lot less money.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Oh I agree, Lebron and bosh are most definitely my favorite picks, i'm not to sure about wade mainly because i can't see him coming to NY, i would love him here, but i can't see it happening. Lebron and Bosh i can see. And i still think that when Mcgrady gets back to full or almost full strength would be better for us than Johnson, not to mention we could pay him a lot less money.

Yeah I agree about T-Mac. Even if he isn't as good as Johnson, I'd rather commit to T-Mac for a couple years than have to deal with Johnson's contract once his talent declines.

Kiyaman

Legend

I hope all Knick-Fans is noticing the difference in our organization and other organizations in this article.
The Memphis owner was direct and to the point....Rudy Gay is our "MAX" Franchise Player at this moment "I will match any offer".

If u dont have any player worthy of Rudy Gay status (to boost Memphis attendance) in a sign and trade, then dont waste your time drawing up a max contract offer-sheet for Gay. It will be matched!

Is Rudy Gay worth $20M per? yes, in Memphis he is (on the next team nada).
Why? in the 2009 offseason the big hype was Memphis signing Allan Iverson, to go alongside of SG-Mayo, SF-Gay, PF-Zach, and C-Gasol.
The Memphis Grizz ticket-holder sells went up four times over at the Iverson hype, before training camp open.
Letting Iverson go....within the next 2 to 3 months Memphis ticket sells dropped tremendously.
It's not hard to figure out what would happen to the Grizz attendance if Gay is not apart of the 2010-11 season.
So I have to believe the owner of the Memphis Grizz on this one...

P.S. the Spurs & Blazzers better not "SLIP" up the rest of this season b/c the Rockets & Grizz are riding their backs in this playoff race where it might come down to the 82nd game of the season to find out the West 7th and 8th slot playoff teams...

KirksORIG

Rookie
I hope all Knick-Fans is noticing the difference in our organization and other organizations in this article.
The Memphis owner was direct and to the point....Rudy Gay is our "MAX" Franchise Player at this moment "I will match any offer".

If u dont have any player worthy of Rudy Gay status (to boost Memphis attendance) in a sign and trade, then dont waste your time drawing up a max contract offer-sheet for Gay. It will be matched!

Is Rudy Gay worth $20M per? yes, in Memphis he is (on the next team nada).
Why? in the 2009 offseason the big hype was Memphis signing Allan Iverson, to go alongside of SG-Mayo, SF-Gay, PF-Zach, and C-Gasol.
The Memphis Grizz ticket-holder sells went up four times over at the Iverson hype, before training camp open.
Letting Iverson go....within the next 2 to 3 months Memphis ticket sells dropped tremendously.
It's not hard to figure out what would happen to the Grizz attendance if Gay is not apart of the 2010-11 season.
So I have to believe the owner of the Memphis Grizz on this one...

P.S. the Spurs & Blazzers better not "SLIP" up the rest of this season b/c the Rockets & Grizz are riding their backs in this playoff race where it might come down to the 82nd game of the season to find out the West 7th and 8th slot playoff teams...

Thats true, but 20M for Rudy seems a little over kill. No way the knicks were going to go that high.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Yeah I agree about T-Mac. Even if he isn't as good as Johnson, I'd rather commit to T-Mac for a couple years than have to deal with Johnson's contract once his talent declines.
What are the chances of us even having T-Mac healthy for a whole season. T-Mac is good he still has some in him even though he is not really that old but he has been in this league for awhile. T-Mac is a type of player NOW that I rather have as my 3rd best player not as my 1st.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, but we're also not looking to make Joe Johnson our best player either. Johnson would be a good complimentary player, but we'd need another big name player along with T-Mac to make this team really worth caring about.

If we could pick up Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay, re-sign Tracy McGrady, and find a defensive center, then we'd be a solid team. But I still believe that our biggest problem is that we have no presence in the paint whatsoever, and that has to change (and I'm not sure if Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay really does that. Maybe if we pick up Johnson and Bosh and then use next year's cap space to sign Carmelo Anthony, that'd be a good team. But as it stands right now, we're short on options. But keeping McGrady can be a good move - he'll be to us what Grant Hill is for the Phoenix Suns, which is none too shabby.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
What are the chances of us even having T-Mac healthy for a whole season. T-Mac is good he still has some in him even though he is not really that old but he has been in this league for awhile. T-Mac is a type of player NOW that I rather have as my 3rd best player not as my 1st.
Yeah, no I agree. I didn't mean to make it seem as if I wanted T-Mac as my #1 option. I was assuming T-Mac signed for cheap and we pursued another free agent. I understand why you were mixed up though, my post wasn't very detailed lol.

I'd like T-Mac as a 3rd option as well...more so than Gallo or Will until either of them proves they are capable.

KirksORIG

Rookie
Johnson has a max deal with the hawks waiting for him. i'm not to sure he is worth that much. Bosh is. i think that the best option is to sign Bosh, try to get lebron. If we don't get lebron, build around bosh until next year when we can have a run at melo. We need to make the knicks an atractive place to come, at the moment it isn't, but with bosh and t-mac, we will have a great shot at getting melo.

But i think if we can sign bosh, Lebron will come and it seems that bosh isn't very happy in Toronto.

paris401

Starter
I'd like T-Mac as a 3rd option as well...more so than Gallo or Will until either of them proves they are capable.

now i'm really confused... in another thread you use the word 'great' in refering to 'zip'ole and wilson... now they are not capable??

so they are 'great' but not 'capable' ??

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
now i'm really confused... in another thread you use the word 'great' in refering to 'zip'ole and wilson... now they are not capable??

so they are 'great' but not 'capable' ??
There's a difference between having a great skill set/potential and beingba proven 3rd option. Once again you seem to be disecting my posts for irrelevant and non existent fallacies.

Everyone agrees that gallo and will have great skills and loads of potential. That makes them capable of being a solid basketball player. The key word in my post was "until" because until they put up "3rd option" kind of numbers, they are nothing more than role players. Potential alone though makes them solid.

paris401

Starter
There's a difference between having a great skill set/potential and beingba proven 3rd option. Once again you seem to be disecting my posts for irrelevant and non existent fallacies.

Everyone agrees that gallo and will have great skills and loads of potential. That makes them capable of being a solid basketball player. The key word in my post was "until" because until they put up "3rd option" kind of numbers, they are nothing more than role players. Potential alone though makes them solid.

ok.............