(Maha) Raja?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he would talk to Raja Bell's representative now that Bell has been waived by the Warriors.
Bell, the defensive guard who starred for Mike D'Antoni in Phoenix, will become a free agent when he clears waivers today, but more important Bell becomes a free agent this summer.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/walsh_eyes_waived_raja_DYUXn8wyWhgtcbmzWlcrzO#ixzz0j6jlAXBc
scrimmage05_bell_closeup.jpg

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
No thanks. The dude is almost 34 and only averaging .69 steals for his career. There are much better SG out there that can be obtained.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is not the same Bell from 3-4 years ago. Not thanks.

Sometimes Walsh acts like he doesn't follow basketball.

XH20X

Rookie
He reminds me a lot of Chris Childs, who would never back down from a fight. Even though hes old, the Knicks need people like this. I think he can still be a decent defensive player of the bench.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I think he could be of good use for us, he was actually playing defense back in Phoenix and coach loves him...

Wait...D'ant and defense? That cant work NO WAI....

I think it can, plus he oculd be a good mentor for our swingmen. (Chandler, Giddens, Walker, maybe Gallo)

We need guards outside so then we could have more options and maybe run Gallo at PF it that's not already being done, cause there's no way Lee can hold the paint down on his own.

We just need more bodies IMO.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I think he could be of good use for us, he was actually playing defense back in Phoenix and coach loves him...

Wait...D'ant and defense? That cant work NO WAI....

I think it can, plus he oculd be a good mentor for our swingmen. (Chandler, Giddens, Walker, maybe Gallo)

We need guards outside so then we could have more options and maybe run Gallo at PF it that's not already being done, cause there's no way Lee can hold the paint down on his own.

We just need more bodies IMO.
Yeah I agree with pretty much everyone that has posted in this thread to some extent.

1. I believe that Bell is way past his prime. He isn't that same defender he was for Mike D in Phoenix. He's definitely not the Kobe stopper he once was.

2. I believe that Bell can still play....sort of. He's coming off a laundry list of wrist and hand injuries and I'm not sure he'll hold up.

3. Although I think he's lost a step, he can be a GREAT mentor to our other players. He's been to the conference finals multiple times, guarded the likes of Kobe Bryant and Tony Parker (successfully), and he's been a savvy veteran in this league for years.

Further, although I like the potential that Walker and Giddens have showed, I'd like to add Bell to our roster as well to bolster our veteran presence in the locker room...but probably nothing more.

metrocard

Legend
Raja Bell is one of my favorite players in the NBA.

He's the best perimeter defender in the NBA and one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA. His age doesnt mean anything, and his ".69" steals is an irrelevant stat since he's already an elite defender.

Would be a good back up SG and can teach Walker a lot of things.

nk11

Benchwarmer
for a minimum contract he'd be great. a valuable defender, decent shot, and good guy to mentor our younger players.