N.Y. KNICKS vs. Phoenix Suns ---> TONIGHT! 10:00PM @ PHX

Should the Knicks acquire Amare Stoudemire this off-season???

• Hell yea!!!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Fukk no!!!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • They should get Chris Bosh instead

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Who cares! just fire D'antoni!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
The N.Y. Knicks

knicks.gif

VS

The Phoenix Suns

suns-logo.jpg

Knicks-Suns Preview by ESPN.com:

Amar'e Stoudemire is a big reason why the Phoenix Suns are in position to match their longest winning streak in just over a year while getting closer to returning to the playoffs.

A visit from the New York Knicks should keep Stoudemire and the Suns rolling.
Phoenix looks to win its sixth straight game while continuing home dominance over the Knicks on Friday night.
Stoudemire is connecting on 58.7 percent of his shots to average 30.8 points while adding 10.0 rebounds over the last 11 games, helping the Suns (45-26) to eight victories.
"He's been great," coach Alvin Gentry said of the forward, who leads the team with 22.9 points and 8.8 boards per game. "We try to take advantage of situations where they try to put undersized guys on him.
"He's come through for us big time. He's played great.The last month and a half, I think he's been the best player in the NBA."
Stoudemire backed up that praise Monday, hitting 12 of 15 shots from the field for 37 points while pulling down eight rebounds in a 133-131 win at Golden State that extended the Suns' winning streak to five.
Phoenix, the league leader in scoring with 110.1 points per game, hasn't won six straight since March 14-25, 2009.
The Suns, also winners of 10 of 12 at home, appear to be on their way to returning to the playoffs after a one-year absence. They're fifth in the Western Conference, 7 1/2 games ahead of ninth-place Memphis with 11 to play.
Phoenix trails fourth-place Utah by 1 1/2 games for home-court advantage in the opening round of the playoffs.
The Suns could gain ground with a seventh consecutive home win over New York (26-45). They've won 15 of the last 19 home meetings with the Knicks, including a 111-103 victory on Dec. 15, 2008 when Stoudemire had 21 points and 14 rebounds.
However, he was held to 14 points and five boards in a 126-99 loss at New York on Dec. 1.
The Knicks need to complete their first season sweep of the Suns since 2002-03 and get plenty of help the rest of the way to avoid being eliminated from postseason contention.
They're 9 1/2 games behind eighth-place Toronto with 11 games left. A loss to Phoenix combined with a Raptors' win against Denver will keep New York from reaching the playoffs for a sixth consecutive season.
The Knicks have won four of six after beating Denver 109-104 on Tuesday. However, they've dropped 11 of 14 on the road and are opening a five-game trip.
Danilo Gallinari will try to continue his strong stretch. The forward is averaging 26.3 points over the last three games after getting 28 against the Nuggets.
Coach Mike D'Antoni is also impressed with Gallinari's strong defensive game.
"He's a good perimeter defender and he takes pressure or whatever," D'Antoni told the team's official Web site. "He's 6-foot-10, he keeps his feet in front of guys and he does a good job on point guards, guards and (small forwards). He works at it."
Gallinari had 27 points and 10 rebounds against Phoenix in December.

mia_dan_600x400_rd3.jpg

Tonight's Starting Line-ups:

N.Y. Knicks

532.jpg
3979.jpg
3428.jpg
3464.jpg
2772.jpg

Phoenix Suns

592.jpg
1018.jpg
336.jpg
1727.jpg
3447.jpg

new-york-knicks-city-dancers-05.jpg

Video of the day:

Audio Two- Top Billin'

It's a wrap!!! Peace out y'all...

dantoni20087.jpg

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Please fire Mike D'Antoni. That is all.

Good thread, Sly. Did I mention I want D'Antoni to get fired? :lol:

This should be ether an Awesome game or a blow out. D'Assholio will probley be to distracted and will be sitting on the bench starring at Steve Nash.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Voted F no, althought I would like Bosh so I agree with that vote, I am adament on not wanting Amare. I realize he's played well but think he's the most overrated FA possibility out there and think he shouldn't pass on 17 mill guarunteed or whatever he's got on option. I think Nash helped greatly to make him, he's a high fly guy with sick dunks, average jumper and equally pisspoor defense as Lee for a guy with better athletic ability. If he'd take a 7 mill paycut I'd take him otherwise no thanks lol. He's good but not close to max guy IMO, and would kill our hopes at 15 mill +. Anyhow thoughts on game, halftime down quite a bit but feel we're not playing well, could come back but most defend well because all we normally need is shot making, but against Suns getting hot won't cut it down as we are, will need a decent string of stops too cuz even if we light it up they still score. I killed Gallinari a few weeks back but I say now he needs to be featured more and I think McGrady as well but we'll see. Chuckington... I share a love as I think he truly has heart and wants to be here which I respect, but everytime he gets ball I get nervous as I expect a bad shot... idk maybe just me. We're going nowhere but if we could stay semi hot and hit 34-35 wins I'd be able to temporarily flex like I was Metro

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo defending Nash is why this Knick team has become a JOKE (20 point lead all game).
6.10 Gallo suppose to be defending 6.10 Amare, or 6.11 Lopez, or 6.11 Frye.
Damntoni & Gallo has made this Knick Team a JOKE of the NBA

One minute left in the 3rd qtr.
Knicks 64
Suns 94

knicksin60

Starter
Ladies and gentleman, these are the bi-polar Knicks.They blow out the Mavericks, nearly beat the Rockets, beat the Denver Nuggets but get blown out by a team that plays slightly better defense than the Phoenix Mercury.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Really. If we could hold down the fort against the likes of Carmelo and Billups, how come we had an extra couple days of rest and still got absolutely slaughtered by the likes of the Suns' backups?

Not to mention we absolutely crushed them the last time we played...

the portable man

Benchwarmer
knicks just don't play smart enough

shooting 3's u either hit or miss on bad shot selection

driving to the hole u either hit, miss, or draw a foul

1 problem is that no one can really post up on our team except harrington and they have his heavy ass shooting 3's, the guy prays for his ft's to go in

we need a true post up guy near lee, either that or u get rid of lee completely for post up + midrange pf and add a defensive C

2nd mcgrady sucks, no reason to keep him. his shot is on and off, mostly off, and his defense lacks effort.

he looks like he got a lobotomy

i wouldnt even let him shoot 3's, it's pathetic when wilson chandler has better fg%, and he'd be better at volleyball

D'antoni during the game:

mike-dantoni-knicks-20090318_zaf_e47_766.jpg

"Steve's balls are so close...I can almost feel them"
HAHAHA the whole game he was probley just mumbulling....

60 second time out, New York

Toney Douglas: Ok coach what should we do?

D'Assholio: ......Ehhh Steve nash..................

Gallinari: Godpapa, may I defend Steve Nash more?

D'assholio: Meyehhhhhh.........Staudimire.........Italy.....Steve Nash....

David Lee: Wait, what?

Gallinari: Godpapa,I want to get nash!

David Lee: Gallo hes like 5ft tall! why dont you cover someone with alittle more size?

D'Assholio: NO SHUT UP DAVID! GALLO I WANT YOU TO COVER NASH, THE WHOLE TIME YOUR IN FRONT OF HIM READ HIM THIS POEM I WROTE FOR HIM AND TELL HIM MY ROOM NUMBER!

Toney Douglas: (Whispers to Walker) Now that shit crazy.

BREHHHHHHHHH Time out over, your score, Suns 132-90 Knicks

Big C

Benchwarmer
HAHAHA the whole game he was probley just mumbulling....

60 second time out, New York

Toney Douglas: Ok coach what should we do?

D'Assholio: ......Ehhh Steve nash..................

Gallinari: Godpapa, may I defend Steve Nash more?

D'assholio: Meyehhhhhh.........Staudimire.........Italy.....Steve Nash....

David Lee: Wait, what?

Gallinari: Godpapa,I want to get nash!

David Lee: Gallo hes like 5ft tall! why dont you cover someone with alittle more size?

D'Assholio: NO SHUT UP DAVID! GALLO I WANT YOU TO COVER NASH, THE WHOLE TIME YOUR IN FRONT OF HIM READ HIM THIS POEM I WROTE FOR HIM AND TELL HIM MY ROOM NUMBER!

Toney Douglas: (Whispers to Walker) Now that shit crazy.

BREHHHHHHHHH Time out over, your score, Suns 132-90 Knicks
lol

Nice one.