Boozer Bumming D'Antoni.

Boozer says Lebron will stay in Cleveland, I agree, what do ye thinketh?

• Bail

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Stay

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
SALT LAKE CITY - Free-agent-to-be Carlos Boozer sounded intrigued about joining Mike D'Antoni's Knicks, but believes if he comes to New York, it won't be in a star tandem with LeBron James.
Boozer and James were Cleveland teammates for King James' rookie year. Boozer left Cleveland the first chance he got -- for a multi-year contract with Utah in 2004. But Boozer doesn't think James will leave his hometown.
"I think LeBron's going to stay," Boozer said before scoring 26 points on 11-of-16 shooting with 14 rebounds in Utah's 103-98 victory last night over the Knicks at EnergySolutions Arena.

"That's my gut. They're doing everything they can to build him a championship. His biggest thing is winning a ring. I think his best chance to win a ring is probably where he's at."

He's also a big D'Antoni fan. The Knicks, however, regard Chris Bosh and Amar'e Stoudemire as better power-forward fits in D'Antoni's speedball attack. Boozer is more of a traditional, low-post power forward.
In fact, Utah's other free agent, 3-point demon, Kyle Korver, might be a more viable and cheaper piece, especially if the Knicks re-sign David Lee. Korver is tearing up the NBA, leading in 3-point FG percentage at 55.6 percent -- on track to break Steve Kerr's record. But last night, Korver shot just 1 of 9.
501cb3d01c434f3a94cfed5492bcbe66-getty-90044302mm_knick_jazz_002.jpg

Surely, Boozer, who played for D'Antoni at the Olympics, is on the Knick list.
"I love D'Antoni, he's the dope," Boozer said. "Spending time with him in the Olympics, his offensive mindset is unbelievable. He's got the best plays I've ever been around -- on a whim. It's like rappers when they come out on the top of the dome with quotes. He's got plays in the back of his head with plays for that moment."

D'Antoni said he was reluctant to talk about Boozer because of tampering, saying only, "Anyone on the US Olympic team is one of the top 20 players in the game. He's definitely up there."

The Jazz have the younger Paul Millsap for the long term at that position. But Utah cleared out a long-term pact in Ronnie Brewer in an attempt have the financial wherewithal to re-sign Boozer, who was averaging 19.4 points and 11.1 rebounds.
For his part, Boozer declined to get into specifics about free-agency days after Stoudemire revealed he has a "50-50" chance of re-signing with Phoenix.
ba0a45a1562df1f384cae9c2aee0f8a1-getty-90044302mm_knick_jazz_015.jpg

Boozer called the Knicks "an incredible organization" and feels D'Antoni's horrible record in New York does not taint his genius.

"I think he's a great offensive-minded coach," Boozer said. "He has made the most [of what] he's had to use. I've spent time with him that's the reason why I think that. As the seasons go along, he'll have more options to do different things with. Remember he came from Phoenix where he had All-Stars at two, three different positions."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...sibility_URPzYYgZj0KxHtmrZsmYuM#ixzz0jfonujMm

Dear Mr Boozer.:finger:

from Crazy8s.

Paul1355

All Star
Is Boozer on crack?

Mike D is the best with coming up with plays?

I never see any set plays that have changed games, especially set plays during the clutch. Players talk highly of Mike D because not everyone is like Amare who will basically tell you how it is, even though Amare puts hi foot in his mouth.

How long did it take Mike D to draw up plays to free Gallo on screens? At least half the season.

He is over rated....and Amare's comments were absolutely true.

"Back when Mike coached Pheonix, we never really were taught defense." That has been the Knicks season in a nutshell....unless we have defensive minded players...we will never play consistent defense. And without consistent defense, you LOSE.

nk11

Benchwarmer
i think hes def staying in cleveland. akron would hate him forever and no dude wants that type of hate from his hometown. im pretty sure bron makes sooo much money for the city that he'd be putting so many of his ppl out of work

...the only way he'd dip is if he was guaranteed a championship somewhere. i dont want his pretentious dancing ass either.

also boozer plays no d, and how do you let david lee avg more points than you when you have dWILL passing you the rocc?

Ok so now we are taking the word of an ex juvenile deliquient who due to lack of education had to skip college and jump to the NBA, being passed over by many earlier lottery teams based on his attitude, and immaturity; over a perennial 20-10 all star who played championship level winning basketball on three separate levels high school, college, and NBA, for legendary x/o's coaches i.e Coach K, SLoan while suiting up for 2 of the most reputable and class organizations in all of sports duke/jazz.

Amare is a damned jack ass if he is going to say he wasnt taught offense, his offensive game leaped off the page under Mike D, the only thing was having nash there to distribute the rock his entire career made it happen, if toney douglas and chris duhon were the point guards for the suns all those years, amares would be 2/3's the player he is today.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ok so now we are taking the word of an ex juvenile deliquient who due to lack of education had to skip college and jump to the NBA, being passed over by many earlier lottery teams based on his attitude, and immaturity; over a perennial 20-10 all star who played championship level winning basketball on three separate levels high school, college, and NBA, for legendary x/o's coaches i.e Coach K, SLoan while suiting up for 2 of the most reputable and class organizations in all of sports duke/jazz.

Amare is a damned jack ass if he is going to say he wasnt taught offense, his offensive game leaped off the page under Mike D, the only thing was having nash there to distribute the rock his entire career made it happen, if toney douglas and chris duhon were the point guards for the suns all those years, amares would be 2/3's the player he is today.

Boozer lost his mind....staying in Cleveland alongside Lebron he wouldve trippled the pay he makes now just on endorsements each season.
Now he is looking at New York $$$ by hyping up a loser-coach.
In a running offense Boozer will always be the last one back on defense.

As for Amare recent comment on Dantoni, it shows he is not interested in New York $$$, his options of resigning or Miami, Chicago, or the Nets are much better than New York, plus he have personal knowledge of Damntoni.
As for Amare offensive talents his rookie season with Marbury, his put-backs attacking the offensive-glass averaged him close to 15 points per game, his 2nd season with Marbury controlling the tempo of the Suns offense Amare averaged 20 points on headcoach Frank Johnson design plays for Amare. Taking Marion, Joe Johnson, and Penny out of the offense b/c Marbury wanted to walk the ball up court on every offensive play.

knicksin60

Starter
I have to agree with Carlos Boozer's opinion on Lebron.Why would anybody want to leave a championship caliber team to play for Benito D'antoni? I'd be embarrassed if I played for a coach whose team would give up 130 points to the New York Liberty on any given night.