The Cavaliers are getting exposed without Lebron

johnstarky

Rotation player
After Coach Mike Brown decides to take Lebron James out of the lineup for the past 3 games, the Cavaliers go on a losing streak and fail to look like the immortal team that won 61 games.

I know that these games don't mean anything for them, but it makes you wonder how good they would be without Lebron throughout the course of an entire season.They wouldn't be a top 3 seeded team, but would they still be a playoff team with Jamison, Williams and West? Do you think the Cavs losing these games is something that Lebron is taking into account? Knowing how much of a difference maker he is, you could speculate that Lebron is noticing how overrated his supporting cast is.

absolutely not, they would be scrapping for the 8th seed with the likes of the bulls and raptors. This goes to show every one, as I have been saying all year about how we cannot knock Dantoni over the knicks woes, because with out a legit star no one wins in this league.

I date back to a previous post I made stating Mike Brown should STFU about Mike D; because he is a horrible coach, being kept afloat by having the best player in the league. There are reasons why guys like Phil Jackson, and Pat Riley only man the side lines when they have a future hall of famer running the show; its not because they are great or poor coaches, but because they understand the NBA game.

You dont win with out a superstar.

knicksin60

Starter
I agree with Don't-Forget..., the Cavaliers are garbage without Lebron.His teammates alone give up more points and aren't able to close out their opponents in crunch time.They'd probably win between 38-42 games and be like the Toronto Raptors.I hope Lebron realizes this and immediately considers coming to the Knicks this summer.

it would be funny if this 25 year old athletic phenom freak "needs rest" because he is testing his team to see how well they can play with out him. A barometer for success in years to come based on their ability with out him. the knicks look like a much better team minus lebron than the Cavs do, and if the knicks could land a bosh with the current core they have now - LEE, adding a Lebron = 65 wins over the next 6 years.

Paul1355

All Star
absolutely not, they would be scrapping for the 8th seed with the likes of the bulls and raptors. This goes to show every one, as I have been saying all year about how we cannot knock Dantoni over the knicks woes, because with out a legit star no one wins in this league.

I date back to a previous post I made stating Mike Brown should STFU about Mike D; because he is a horrible coach, being kept afloat by having the best player in the league. There are reasons why guys like Phil Jackson, and Pat Riley only man the side lines when they have a future hall of famer running the show; its not because they are great or poor coaches, but because they understand the NBA game.

You dont win with out a superstar.
Look at teh Rockets...any legit stars????

They basically have our team with a little bit more defense with Trevor Ariza

They have Aaron Brooks who averages 20 ppg...not a force on defense....

Luis Scola who is just like David Lee in my opinion.

No super stars and they are a good team in the WEST which owns the East...

The Rockets would be ranked 5th atelast in teh East and no super stars...just good rotations and a defensive minded team that gets the job done.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Look at teh Rockets...any legit stars????

They basically have our team with a little bit more defense with Trevor Ariza

They have Aaron Brooks who averages 20 ppg...not a force on defense....

Luis Scola who is just like David Lee in my opinion.

No super stars and they are a good team in the WEST which owns the East...

The Rockets would be ranked 5th atelast in teh East and no super stars...just good rotations and a defensive minded team that gets the job done.
Nothing you just said is fact, or even credible for that matter

1. The Rockets MISSED THE PLAYOFFS!!!! They're a lottery team as well. What does that tell you??? NO STAR= NO WINS!!!!! LOGICAL ENOUGH???? Without Yao this team doesn't make the playoffs....make sense?

2. You basically outlined it for me...they're deeper and better at EVERY POSITION!!!

Let's compare shall we?

PG- Brooks PG- Duhon
SG- Martin SG- McGrady
SF- Ariza SF- Chandler
PF- Scola PF- Gallo
C- Hayes C- Lee

Brooks vs. Duhon - Do I even need to get in to this one? Brooks dishes out assists, and scores 20+ ppg, earning him a spot for contention for the association's most improved player

Martin vs. McGrady- McGrady of old would take this matchup in a minute. However, Kevin Martin is young, talented and can shoot lights out. He was the league's leading scorer in Sacramento for the first two weeks of this season, showing he is capable of dropping 30 night in and night out. Not to mention the Rockets TRADED AWAY Mcgrady to bring in Martin in return. Case closed

SF- Ariza vs. Chandler - I know all of you Chandler lovers will argue this to death, but the fact of the matter is that Trevor Ariza is a MUCH better player than Chandler at this point in their careers. Ariza has started on a championship caliber team. He has the ability to knock down open threes, and play elite-level defense against the league's best players. He's been forced in to a leading role for the Rockets and it hasn't suited him well, but he is a MUCH better 3rd or 4th option than Chandler will ever be.

Scola vs. Gallo - Scola is a player with incredible skill. He doesn't have elite size, or strength or speed either. But somehow, Scola finds ways to put up crazy numbers on any given night. 28 and 10? 26 and 11? The guy plays beyond his physical limits and gives crazy good effort. Gallo has made progress this year, but he is not even a PF and isn't a 4th or 5th option yet on a contending team.

C- Hayes vs. Lee - This is the only matchup I would give the Knicks. Lee's stats and effort speak the whole story, while Hayes is mainly used for defensive purposes.

In conclusion, the Rockets have an all around better team, yet they STILL don't make the playoffs!! They are in no way, shape, or form "The same team + Ariza's defense", yet they have no superstar thus NOT ENOUGH WINS TO QUALIFY FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

Really? 5th? I wasn't aware you could project teams playoff position telepathically. The East has 5 solid teams with the Cavs, Celts, Magic, Hawks and Bucks (pre-Bogut injury).

Let's take a look at the Rockets record vs. the 6-8 seeds in the East as well:

Bobcats: 1-1

Bulls: 0-2

Miami: 0-2

Hmmmmmm not necessarily domination...All indications, if any, would point to the Rockets being BOUNCED from the East.

All of your points have been dismissed

Thank you.

yeah I honestly couldnt see adelman doing any more coaching the knicks, than Mike D could. and I feel that the rockets would probably have a better record with Mike D coaching them, with the likes of ariza, battier, brooks, and kevin martin, I Could only imagine the scoring he would produce with that line up.