Playoff Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2nd Round Playoffs

The 2nd Round of the Playoffs....

Big-Props going to the West OKC Thunders and East Milluakie Bucks performance in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Eastern Conference

Cavs vs Celtics
The Lebron James Cavs and company is ready to move pass this 2nd round series to go onto to the Eastern Conference Finals.
I finally reach my base opinion of the Big-3 Boston Celtics, the conclusion is Doc Rivers is a poor headcoach.
The NBA career of Paul Pierce has always given the Celtics a super-star performance in the 4th quarter since his rookie season. Adding two more super-stars (4th qtr. Ray Allen) and veteran role-players made the Boston Celtics the team to beat. The playoff roster the Celtics had the last 3 years were FINAL contenders if they only had a strategic headcoach.
Cavs in 6 games

Magic vs ???
The Magic team is sitting back chilling while being patient for the winner of the 7th game of the Hawks vs Bucks series.
Whomever win in the 7th game to face the "sweeping" Magic team should expect to get swept too.
The Magic swept the Bobcats while resting franchise player Superman D.Howard to just 26 minutes per game throughout that series.
Letting backup C-Gortat average 21 mpg in the series were a wise coaching move (move over coach JVG, little brother SVG is coaching for the Championship Throphy disregarding a Kobe or Lebron).
I expect D.Howard to average 30 mpg in the Magic sweep in the 2nd round.

Western Conference

Lakers vs Jazz
Interesting series between teacher and student (Derek Fisher vs Deron Williams) at PG. The only thing about this PG match-up is the veteran teacher got big-backup in his backcourt from unstoppable Kobe and watch your back Artest.
The rest of the matchups is Lakers Frontcourt (Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Walton)
are just two steps above the Jazz (No Okur) lineup.
Lakers in 5 games

Spurs vs Suns
Will the Suns finally beat the Spurs in a playoff series in the millenium?
Yes or No?
Both rosters match-up to well for me to call it.... plus Amare is looking for this series to really boost up his $$$ in the FA market by beating the (Duncan) Spurs in a series.
Seven-Game series

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
There were a lot of upsets in this year's playoffs.

The Spurs became the first 7th seed to defeat a 2nd seed, in a best of 7 series.

The Jazz eliminated a Nugget team that was in last year's conference finals.

The most stunning one was how the Bucks were able to force game 7 on the Hawks, despite not having Bogut or Redd.

Kiyaman

Legend
ey man...do u or don't you moderate on pro sports daily?

answer my question first, with the reason for posting on Sly Williams

Back to the Playoffs......
Boston's first game vs Cavs showed little to no coaching strategy (Hack-Shaq and run-run on Shaq is still a good strategy).
Cavs up 1-0 in series
Which means if coach Doc Rivers dont turn-up the volume in the next two Cavs games, we Knick-Fans that want the Knicks to go strong after Boston defensive coach Tom Thibodeau will not get our wish when Rivers is fired.
DAMN!!!
There is no-way the Celtics are going to win 3 games in this series vs Cavs by playing PG-Rondo above 40 mpg throughout the series.
NO-WAY!!!

Last edited:

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer

Boston's first game vs Cavs showed little to no coaching strategy (Hack-Shaq and run-run on Shaq is still a good strategy).
Cavs up 1-0 in series
Which means if coach Doc Rivers dont turn-up the volume in the next two Cavs games, we Knick-Fans that want the Knicks to go strong after Boston defensive coach Tom Thibodeau will not get our wish when Rivers is fired.
DAMN!!!
There is no-way the Celtics are going to win 3 games in this series vs Cavs by playing PG-Rondo above 40 mpg throughout the series.
NO-WAY!!!

He's a friend of mine on PSD...no biggie.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

Cavs up 1-0 in series
DAMN!!!
NO-WAY!!!
When Rivers is fired...hahaha. He'll get fired right after D'Antoni gets fired this year right?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Interesting playoff weekend....

Great show by the Bucks pushing the Hawks to game seven.... Walsh should be brought up on charges for missing Brandon Jennings.... That set us back about 2 years...

By the way.... Congrats to Jamal Crawford for his 6th man of the Year Award and accomplishing something "Starbury" never did: Win a playoff series. Sorry you had to take the blame for being one of the only decent players on a crappy KNICKS team... Can we stop calling Jamal "Crawful" now????

And the World Champion Lakers continue to walk a thin line... Gasol saved the Lakers Friday night from a game 7 with a last second tip in... Then a "Mamba" takeover in the last minute last night pushes the "Lakeshow" over a stubborn Jazz team... You wanna see great coaching???? Look no further than Jerry Sloan in Utah and coach PoP in San Antonio... That's you maximize talent and team to overcome better talent...

STAY TUNED....

Pop is a great coach, there's no two ways about that. But i think the spurs front office has to be given some credit for how well they have drafted. George Hill from IUPUI? no one thought he could be this good, more or less pushing Tony Parker to the bench in playoff time (partially due to injury). Hill, Parker, and Ginobili were all taken after pick number 20 which is absurd considering their contributions.

Kiyaman

Legend
A playoff series for Knick-Fans to figure out

:gony:
The Knicks owner Dolan $$$ ($90M cap) always gave the Knicks a 2nd (unit) team.....but, the Knicks hiring favoritism pet-player headcoaches always stuck with giving just 5 players above 30 mpg.
While the other 10 players became grab-bag players for a week or month of playingtime.

Suns vs Spurs Suns lead series 3-0 (remarkable)

In the past decade the Suns never won 3 games vs the Spurs in a playoff series however, this 2nd round playoff series of the Suns vs Spurs, the Suns came out swinging with knockout punches after eliminating the Portland Blazers 4-2 in the first round using a deep 2nd (unit) team to take all the wind out of the young Blazers and now the old Spurs for a 3-0 lead in this 2nd round series.
In game 1 the Suns Big-3 (of Nash, Rich, and Amare) earned the MVP as a star big-3 with Nash leading the point of a deep 10-Man rotation.
In game 2 bench-player Frye earned the MVP.
In game 3 bench-player Dragic earned the MVP.

I hope Im not the only one checkin headcoach Gentry and assistant coach Bill Cartwright strategic coaching of the Phoenix Suns players in the regular season and playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
:gony:
The Knicks owner Dolan $$$ ($90M cap) always gave the Knicks a 2nd (unit) team.....but, the Knicks hiring favoritism pet-player headcoaches always stuck with giving just 5 players above 30 mpg.
While the other 10 players became grab-bag players for a week or month of playingtime.

Suns vs Spurs Suns lead series 3-0 (remarkable)

In the past decade the Suns never won 3 games vs the Spurs in a playoff series however, this 2nd round playoff series of the Suns vs Spurs, the Suns came out swinging with knockout punches after eliminating the Portland Blazers 4-2 in the first round using a deep 2nd (unit) team to take all the wind out of the young Blazers and now the old Spurs for a 3-0 lead in this 2nd round series.
In game 1 the Suns Big-3 (of Nash, Rich, and Amare) earned the MVP as a star big-3 with Nash leading the point of a deep 10-Man rotation.
In game 2 bench-player Frye earned the MVP.
In game 3 bench-player Dragic earned the MVP.

I hope Im not the only one checkin headcoach Gentry and assistant coach Bill Cartwright strategic coaching of the Phoenix Suns players in the regular season and playoffs.

Yeah I am real proud of Alvin Gentry out there doing his thing.... Wouldn't it be funny if after years of Dant's failures that Al is the one who gets "Los Suns" over the hump??? Thanks for pointing out that Bill Cartwright is on the bench as well...he got a raw deal here in the CHI...

By the way nice statement by "Los Suns" to come out against racial profiling... Black folks will stand by our brothers of latino decent on this one because we know where that train will end up if we don't stop it. AZ didn't want to acknowledge MLK day either...

That was always one of the criticisms I had of D'antoni while he was here in PHX; he always went with a 7, maybe 8 man rotation. Now that the Suns are using their depth they are having better results. Goran Dragic is going to be a player by the way, watch out for him.

iSaYughh

Starter
What bench did he have then that he didn't get otherwise needed impact out of?

Doubt he had a Goran or 3pt shooting talent like Fry, all whom performed and showed their stuff throughout season.

I don't think you can blame D,Ant too hard for his subs. We have the worst team in the league IMO and frankly it surprises me that we won as many games as we did.

A man named Christopher DuDonkey was our de jure PG until we traded for a perennial raw backup who summarily replaced him (lol).

We had no C. As in, no C. Save for perennial backups so bad it took 6'8 PF Lee to step up and man the slot. Till yet another perennial backup came aboard to give Lee break.

We had a 2nd yr, 1st yr starting forward to go along with a potentially good, potentially mediocre Chandler with more holes in his in game makeup than a fat mans Swiss cheese sandwich.

Our pf position was manned by backups and/or aged CHUCKERS.

And our guard slot was taken over by late 1st and 2nd round rooks.

This team franchise was the biggest joke and Frankenstein I've seen in my sports life.

Walsh has forced us to confront our demons and have the team mutate fully in a deft move of highsteaks poker.

Along with D'Ants help we are now positioned to strike and strike hard as a rebuilder to contender in 1yr ALONG with:

D'Ants coaching, flaws n all, giving us the surprising developments of:

Lee
Douglas
And even Gallo and Walker. All while allowing Wilson to be Wilson and not rape Chandlers trade value for us.

ie basically the only players on the team who actually matter for us!!!!

I'm 99% sure this season was a huge success in every way that matters, and I'll be first in line to eat my D'Antoni'Cockphony Crow if I'm proved wrong coming OS/season

metrocard

Legend
Yeah I am real proud of Alvin Gentry out there doing his thing.... Wouldn't it be funny if after years of Dant's failures that Al is the one who gets "Los Suns" over the hump??? Thanks for pointing out that Bill Cartwright is on the bench as well...he got a raw deal here in the CHI...

By the way nice statement by "Los Suns" to come out against racial profiling... Black folks will stand by our brothers of latino decent on this one because we know where that train will end up if we don't stop it. AZ didn't want to acknowledge MLK day either...

You're an idiot.

You can be black and latino...not every latino is united, and there are latinos who are racist and discriminate against latinos, normally white on black...just like americans discriminate against americans.

and **** MLK, he was overrated as ****.

smokes

Huge Member

Suns are impressive this year, but the Spurs are not the powerhouse they once were. Parker has been playing ok but coming out 30+ mpg right out of the gates after injury trouble. Ginobli and Jefferson are not playing to their standard game in game out. That team just doesn't have enough legs to run with the Suns.

However, I can't see the Suns getting over the "hump" of the WCF, the Lakers bigs are going to eat them alive. Steve Nash can only do so much.

CoolClyde

Defense vs Offense

Phil Jackson, during Lakers timeout with 2 minutes left in game 3:
"Defense is what wins..."

Lakers fouling with 7 seconds left in the game, up by 3...

Just the opposite of D'amntoni's coaching schematic.

Suns kicking ass on Spurs with a deep rotation... up 3-0. Did D'amntoni ever get Suns so deep...?

ISayUghh, I don't know why you're defending No-D'ant so vehemently, his lack of playing the rooks, ultra-short rotation, and love affair with Duhound has been his fault all the way. As much as I hate the hound, he can still be a decent backup with limited minutes, but Noooooo, the hound gets BENCHED, like he benches everyone who doesn't fit into his short rotation. and then he starts him to end season. LAME!

I don't think Knicks on the whole were as bad as you picture them, it's the coach who didn't know what to do; and then, after dissing Chandler, you praise his trade value?

"D'Ants coaching, flaws n all, giving us the surprising developments of:
Lee
Douglas
And even Gallo and Walker. All while allowing Wilson to be Wilson and not rape Chandlers trade value for us..."

WHY do folks give D'amntoni praise for developing talent? Lee has been improving all along, and Douglas was NOT given real minutes until end of season, due to short rotay.

Sorry man, I don't agree with you. However, I do agree, I will eat my words if D'amntoni makes Knicks winners with max F.A. bliss. Peace out.

iSaYughh

Starter
CoolC,

I'm not sure how poorly he played the rooks and young blood of the team...it is tough to argue against Douglas' performance by seasons end, over the backdrop of d'ants coaching. Likewise Gallo, both of whom begins receiving heavy praise for their D. Same for Walker. Lee too -- tho I agree he had all the ingredients to KEEP improving no matter what!

Is any good performance by a player BECAUSE of d'ants "GLORIOUS" coaching? Prolly not, no, it's way premature to commit to that kinda praise and causality.

But if d'ant is so damn bad I don't see how virtually/so many of all the vital players ended the season on high notes and with improved value.

Perhaps i overstated some man-love for D,ant because i feel he is being too too heavily roasted. Prematurely.

Re: Chandler...I just meant that given his virgin tight rotations and commitment to Gallo...Wilsons value wasn't raped by d'ant.

D'ant did a lot of puzzling shit like u mentioned; and I've agreed all season and even now a lot of it still seems senseless...

I just don't know what legit impact things would have if he did stuff differently (E.G The Hound).

Maybe play Hill so we maybe give up a bit less in clearing cap? But Hill could also obliterate any value he had and destroy the entire plan of --Donnies-- 2010.

We'll see. In a vacuum I think his coaching was big gay and mysterious. I'm cautiously optimistic in giving him a pass on these things as I do t se how consequential they really have been -- err, will (?) be.

Last edited: