Cap in @ 56.1 mil

Red

TYPE-A
Great 2 mil more than expected!

Tell me how does this work buying out E Curry when we are under the cap please?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Just read it on ESPN. Great news! Now lets hope we can find worthy players to spend that dough on.

knicksin60

Starter
What Donnie Walsh needs to do this summer is trade Eddy Curry for Janel McCarville.She might not be a high percentage rebounder but she is a good defender in the paint and would stay healthy a lot longer than Curry.

Red

TYPE-A
So tell me...

if we buy Curry out, how's that work in terms of our cap space. I think it's counted but probably reduced while opening another roster spot?

where's our Capologist?

give us a break down please.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Holy sh*t!!!!! This is great news!!

So tell me...

if we buy Curry out, how's that work in terms of our cap space. I think it's counted but probably reduced while opening another roster spot?

where's our Capologist?

give us a break down please.

We probably won't buy out Curry now because we have more than enough cap space to get two max contracts without having to buy him out. We can now reserve the option of trading his expiring contract for another player.

But since you asked. Typically teams buy out players for a negotiated amount. This amount can be the full salary but many times it is less. This saves the franchise money and allows the bought out player to pursue another contract.

Most people assumed, if we bought out Curry, that it would be for $1-3 mil below what he is guaranteed. This would have given us another $1-3 mil in cap space.

Make sense?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

We probably won't buy out Curry now because we have more than enough cap space to get two max contracts without having to buy him out. We can now reserve the option of trading his expiring contract for another player.

But since you asked. Typically teams buy out players for a negotiated amount. This amount can be the full salary but many times it is less. This saves the franchise money and allows the bought out player to pursue another contract.

Most people assumed, if we bought out Curry, that it would be for $1-3 mil below what he is guaranteed. This would have given us another $1-3 mil in cap space.

Make sense?

Could the stars be aligning for Lebron? I know the NBA wants Lebron in NYC.

knicksin60

Starter
Could the stars be aligning for Lebron? I know the NBA wants Lebron in NYC.

I always said that Stern probably had a secret meeting with Lebron and his agent some time in early 2008 to discuss the possibility of becoming a Knick.It all seems to coincidental for the Knicks to go from having the highest payroll in the NBA to being the team with the most cap room in such a quick amount of time.I say Lebron is a Knick before July 8th.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
I always said that Stern probably had a secret meeting with Lebron and his agent some time in early 2008 to discuss the possibility of becoming a Knick.It all seems to coincidental for the Knicks to go from having the highest payroll in the NBA to being the team with the most cap room in such a quick amount of time.I say Lebron is a Knick before July 8th.

I'll wager that he isn't...

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I don't know a whole lot about the cap, but great news!

So were we to sign 2 max contracts..say LeBron and Bosh - hypothetically speaking...We'd have the players under contract, Gallo, Chandler, Douglas.. then we'd have to fill the rest of the roster up with players of the bare minimum [or close to that] salaries?

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
if i was donnie i would'nt buy out curry .... theres a couple of teams looking to be under cap look out for donnie to do a sign&trade

knicksin60

Starter
I'll wager that the Craptors have seen Bosh for the last time in a purple gay Barny uniform. BTW...lol at not making the playoffs after all the shit you talked. :teeth:

Even though I was really looking forward for a response to my post, I find this post hilarious.:teeth:

nyk_nyk

All Star

Or we can just let it expire and save it for the next crop of FAs.

Red

TYPE-A

Make sense?

Yup... but if i'm correct while waiting for teams to decide if they want Curry his $dollar amount reduces and we pro-rate the remainder (or negotiate a lower amount if he's desperate) that would give us...

2 max's plus 2mil more plus the MLE plus we can sign as many as we want for minimums plus...

since we're under the cap we don't have to match salaries w/ trades!

Wow... Donnie the pressure is on! If u get us CP3 and trade Curry ahhhh man....

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
I'll wager that the Craptors have seen Bosh for the last time in a purple gay Barny uniform. BTW...lol at not making the playoffs after all the shit you talked. :teeth:

I'll be the first to say the Raptors sucked a@@ this year Turk was a bust yada yada being a Knick fan you can empathize with this... you've had bust after bust for a better part of a decade...and hey if he goes he goes... trust me wherever he goes we will get maximum value for him... unfortunately you guys don't have the horses to trade, MIA and CHI are a more likely destination, as Bosh stated he is willing to work with BC should a sign and trade happen BTW lol for 9 losing seasons... NINE LOSING SEASONS.. Highest payroll and nothing to show for it, but we don't need the re-hash the past. I wish the Knicks all the best in the future except when playing the Raps.

I can re-late to you guys from the perspective of being a Knicks fan is the same as being a Maple Leafs fan;

Rabid fan base (sellout for 20 yrs 20,000 peeps on waiting list for seasons tickets as well as being the most expensive ticket in the game/.league)
Most valuable franchise in the league
every big name free agent always rumored to come here
top five in payroll
signed the wrong big name free agents
traded away draft picks for aging veterans based on names
futility since 67

direct parallel with the Knicks

Good luck to you trill and the Knicks in 2010. I'll be back in July either to laugh at or congratulate you.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'll be the first to say the Raptors sucked a@@ this year Turk was a bust yada yada being a Knick fan you can empathize with this... you've had bust after bust for a better part of a decade...and hey if he goes he goes... trust me wherever he goes we will get maximum value for him... unfortunately you guys don't have the horses to trade, MIA and CHI are a more likely destination, as Bosh stated he is willing to work with BC should a sign and trade happen BTW lol for 9 losing seasons... NINE LOSING SEASONS.. Highest payroll and nothing to show for it, but we don't need the re-hash the past. I wish the Knicks all the best in the future except when playing the Raps.

I can re-late to you guys from the perspective of being a Knicks fan is the same as being a Maple Leafs fan;

Rabid fan base (sellout for 20 yrs 20,000 peeps on waiting list for seasons tickets as well as being the most expensive ticket in the game/.league)
Most valuable franchise in the league
every big name free agent always rumored to come here
top five in payroll
signed the wrong big name free agents
traded away draft picks for aging veterans based on names
futility since 67

direct parallel with the Knicks

Good luck to you trill and the Knicks in 2010. I'll be back in July either to laugh at or congratulate you.

9 losing seasons is sad but being a Craptor fan in Canda is sadder. The sad part is even with our losing seasons our franchise is infinitely better than yours. I said it before...the Craptorz are the NBA d-league team. They develop players and then lose them to REAL markets.