Knicks mull Brad Miller at center

Paul1355

All Star
I know this is just media speculation, and we're going to hear a lot of it between now and July 1st, but can we stop talking about aging, over-the-hill, past their prime players?

I want a young team that can stay together and we can build from into a contender. Not a one-and-done team like the Celtics.
Brad Miller is a backup center...and personally I like Earl Barron as our backup Center

We need a legit Center to start that can block atleast 2 shots a game and grab 10 rebounds per....Kaman, Haywood, Okafor...should be top on the list

CoolClyde

Mulling Mullen Miller

Donnie Walsh mulling again. can't wait till he hires Chris Mullen to keep mullin some more

Brad Miller, another F/C with no blocking ability? I don't think so. I agree, vets min, OK. c'mon, do we really need to rebuild team with guys on their last legs?

from that biggie list, I'd be happy with, for pure defensive presence:

Bosh or A'm'ar'e - as both are gonna cost max, i'd prefer Bosh
Dalembert
Haywood
T-rex Thomas - wish we could've traded Al Brickington for TT
Okafor, as long as we got a PG out of the deal (collison, paul) OR got rid of Heavy Curry ( hell I'd take anybody on list to get rid of that fat ahole).

No to Haslem (DLEE is better)
No to old knees:
Dampier
Kunt Thomas
The O'Neals

I'd rather the Knicks go young, get someone like JaVale McGee, or trade up to draft Cole Aldrich, DeMarcus Cousins, or Hassan Whiteside, or wait for 2nd round for Solomon Alabi or even Expe Udoh (great name, huge wingspan).

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Is Walsh mulling Reggie Miller and Rik Smits out of free agency and retirement too? Wow I just love how he mulls every ex-Pacer piece of shit into our Knicks.

iSaYughh

Starter
Is Walsh mulling Reggie Miller and Rik Smits out of free agency and retirement too? Wow I just love how he mulls every ex-Pacer piece of shit into our Knicks.

lolRikSmits. Nice one.

As mentioned, if this does go down we can expect it to be for a leauge min salary and whatnot. And it's a big if. Either way it seems like a pretty inconsequential move -- let alone rumor.

It does comically speak to our dire need for a legit frontcourt.

I'm getting higher on TyrusT and pairing him with a Bosh if need be...im not sure I'm ready to relinquish Curry for Emeka...

Blas

Benchwarmer
1) This is one of many rumors

2) If we get him for cheap, why not. Seriously, what realistic or even better options are out there? Trade for inconsistent failures with big contracts and add to our salaries? How in the world are we going to trade Curry for Emeka without giving up something first? Is Isiah on the hornets now? Whoever trades for Curry is buying him out. They want something in return to replace X player they lost. Draft one? You honestly think the chances of picking a center in the 2nd round being better then Brad Miller are that good? What sport are you watching?

3) I doubt Walsh will make any moves until he secures his supposed superstars first. Which in the end, if Lebron or Wade happen to come here I am pretty sure most fans don't give crap on who we sign or draft at center.

Kiyaman

Legend
We could use Brad Miller and some ..........

my isp is optimum online/cablevision.. guessing that has something to do with it

Berman clearly has nothing new to write about in what will be a long few months before July 1st.. figured he'd try to conjure up something to go with the Camby news..

The idea of signing Brad Miller reminds me of Issiah Thomas... not Donnie.

Yeah optonline lets me in there for free too.

Berman's calculation on Brad Miller lies with the Knicks keeping PF-David Lee and C-Earl Barron. A 34 year old Brad Miller knows the ins and outs of the center-position which would improve Earl Barron's talent just like Miller improved Noah's talents at the center spot.
It's the same as an experience 37 year old F/C-Kurt Thomas polishing-up Andrew Bogut's talent.

However.......
The Knicks Bigman problem lies within having a headcoach which is clueless of coaching NBA bigmen. Plus having an assistant coach that just sit back doing nothing but waiting for his time to become the Knicks interim headcoach for a full season.

How the Knicks spend the $34M this summer with so many holes and missing players at practically all the "starter" and backup positions will be a miracle.
Money have to be spent on a starting center and backup center (Eddy Curry indirectly wants to be traded with one year left on his contract).
The Knicks also have to spend money for a starter & backup PF and SG.
Toney Douglas has the potential to be a decent backup PG next season if the Knicks spend money on getting a decent starting PG this summer.

The truth of the matter.....deleting the Knicks of players and first-round draft picks for cap-space will take a big bite out of the Knicks future success come October 1st 2010.
Knowing 2 years ago we did not have a 2010 first-round draft pick, plus all the rumors of the salary-cap being decrease before 2010, were two strong reasons why the Knicks could not have a 2010 plan.
But no fan wanted to listen to Kiyaman!
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

The 2010 Plan was not supposed to be put into effect untill after.....
I said "AFTER" Zach, Crawful, and Curry were "all" traded for decent tradeable players....not before!!!

P.S. Check out the Nets 2010 Plan.....it went into full effect after Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter were traded.
The Nets have $30M to spend this summer plus a Lottery pick

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Berman's calculation on Brad Miller lies with the Knicks keeping PF-David Lee and C-Earl Barron. A 34 year old Brad Miller knows the ins and outs of the center-position which would improve Earl Barron's talent just like Miller improved Noah's talents at the center spot.
It's the same as an experience 37 year old F/C-Kurt Thomas polishing-up Andrew Bogut's talent.

However.......
The Knicks Bigman problem lies within having a headcoach which is clueless of coaching NBA bigmen. Plus having an assistant coach that just sit back doing nothing but waiting for his time to become the Knicks interim headcoach for a full season.

How the Knicks spend the $34M this summer with so many holes and missing players at practically all the "starter" and backup positions will be a miracle.
Money have to be spent on a starting center and backup center (Eddy Curry indirectly wants to be traded with one year left on his contract).
Toney Douglas has the potential to be a decent backup PG next season if the Knicks spend money on getting a decent starting PG this summer.

The truth of the matter.....deleting the Knicks of players and first-round draft picks for cap-space will take a big bite out of the Knicks future success come October 1st 2010.
Knowing 2 years ago we did not have a 2010 first-round draft pick, plus all the rumors of the salary-cap being decrease before 2010, were two strong reasons why the Knicks could not have a 2010 plan.

I said "AFTER" Zach, Crawful, and Curry were "all" traded for decent tradeable players....not before!!!

P.S. Check out the Nets 2010 Plan.....it went into full effect after Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter were traded.

This is just a wild guess but something tells me you don't like Dantoni or the 2010 Walsh plan...guess how I know? Because you bring it up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD regardless of the topic. :barf:

iSaYughh

Starter

However.......

How do you know D'Ant clueless about coaching bigmen? And plz don't assume that you can prove this SWEEPING assertion by saying bc he DNP'd Darko....

How do you know our assistant coach does absolutely nothing but wait to become the full-time coach?

And our plan is working to perfection. It'd be a miracle to find a way to fill our roster?

You do realize we have a MLE, 2 MAX signings, and cap to sign as many backup C's to appease your obsessions?

And we have Gallo...and we have Chandler and Serg to package....with Curry...to swiftly get Okefur/Collinson...quite possibly even Chris Paul?

Nonetheless, our present situation really has NOTHING to do with D'Ant...and frankly, LITTLE to do with Walsh...Walsh has made the best out of a bad situation for us.

But like a rape victim -- you -- having been raped so many times by the rapist -- Isiah -- it is as if you can't see the truth of reality, and you see and cry rapist everywhere (D'ant...Walsh)

There are a million distinct scenarios in which we leave this OS contenders...and YOUNG contenders loaded with dynamic potential at that. It's a shame you won't allow yourself to see this and aren't enjoying the process.

Also, an FYI...Curry wasn't being traded for "decent" "tradeable" players...he wasn't being traded for the used condom of a sex-crazed midget.

Walsh played the Curry situation to perfection, too, and now we have a HUGE asset that will get us some combo of a legit C and PG, and possibly even Chris Paul.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
This is just a wild guess but something tells me you don't like Dantoni or the 2010 Walsh plan...guess how I know? Because you bring it up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD regardless of the topic. :barf:
Hahahahahhahahaha it never gets old seeing more and more people realize this with Kiyaman and Red. Its getting to be a joke. Its funny because neither will ever respond to criticism because in their opinions no one is worthy of posting against their posts...its funny how they plead to be entitled to their opinion, yet they ignore every post on the site that either exposes their redundancy, or endorses D'Antoni. Good stuff.

Red

TYPE-A
Hahahahahhahahaha it never gets old seeing more and more people realize this with Kiyaman and Red. Its getting to be a joke. Its funny because neither will ever respond to criticism because in their opinions no one is worthy of posting against their posts...its funny how they plead to be entitled to their opinion, yet they ignore every post on the site that either exposes their redundancy, or endorses D'Antoni. Good stuff.

That's funny...

you're being redundant in repeating the "exposure" to my and Kiya's views on coach. I guess you're special.lol

And I guess it's relevant to post your support of D'Ant in various posts?

You call it "ignoring" every post... we call it obvious. We keep defending our positions b/c the results are obvious and you keep ignoring them. But we're ignorant right? SMH.

Anyway... when I feel D'Ant has something to do w/ what's going on; inadvertently or otherwise... I'll express it.

If you weren't interested, you should ignore or bypass it.

But no... you want to comment on the fact you don't agree w/ our comments.

On topic: after what we've been through, Brad Miller is the furthest thing from my mind concerning the NYK's. This isn't newsworthy.

The very fact it is being considered as such and became a new thread topic is a failure. You think we came this far to discuss Brad f*ckin Miller as a viable option?

Well being that you commented on my opinions that doesn't surprise me.

You're like a 40 yr old virgin, who still can't decide what color socks to wear. Don't you think there are more important things to worry about?

F*ck D'Antoni. What?

Last edited:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
That's funny...

you're being redundant in repeating the "exposure" to my and Kiya's views on coach. I guess you're special.lol

You call it "ignoring" every post... we call it obvious. We keep defending our positions b/c the results are obvious and you keep ignoring them. But we're ignorant right? SMH.

Anyway... when I feel D'Ant has something to do w/ what's going on; inadvertently or otherwise... I'll express it.

On topic: after what we've been through, Brad Miller is the furthest thing from my mind concerning the NYK's. This isn't newsworthy.

The very fact it is being considered as such and became a new thread topic is a failure. You think we came this far to discuss Brad f*ckin Miller as a viable option?

You're like a 40 yr old virgin, who still can't decide what color socks to wear. Don't you think there are more important things to worry about?

F*ck D'Antoni. What?
If you call waiting for an answer back after being called out "redundant", then yeah. This isn't the first Non-D'Antoni thread where people seem to be noticing your irrelevant rants about D'Antoni.

Next, I'd like to address this bold assertion: where is my support for D'Antoni? Never once have I SUPPORTED D'Antoni, and I still do not. I've stated my opinion (once...) on YOUR Anti-D'Antoni thread (the 3rd or 4th one you made...), and I stick to my guns in saying that I will reserve my judgment until Walsh's 2010 plan...fail or success. Making things up for the sake of strengthening your argument only furthers your ignorance, and close minded nature. Don't get me wrong, I agree with SOME of the stuff you post, and your opinion is (was...before you posted it 100000 times) noteworthy. D'Antoni has made a lot of mistakes that cost us wins this year. But I just don't share as much of a liberal view on the issue as you do. I respect that, but its IGNORANT to discount other people's opinions and go on tirades over things you've made more than clear.

We get your opinion on D'Antoni....really. You don't just bring up D'Antoni on a whim...you and Kiya both post shit that leads in to D'Antoni discussion on EVERY THREAD. It's not applicable, its just ways to let your noisy opinion ring in our ears even more than it already does.

This is just a testament to your ignorance. No thread is worthy of the almighty Red posting on unless its a whiny bitchy complaint about D'Antoni's 2009 campaign.

Who says anyone on this site is even considering Miller as our legit center???

I'm pretty sure we all agree that Miller is no more than a bench player on a winning team.

A poster just wanted to share something Knicks related that he read online, and then you feel like its your duty to call it a fail?

Ignorance, arrogance, and immaturity man....

40 year old virgin? really? I'm 22 years old... get real.

Feel free to talk like a gangster and respond back to me.

As for Brad Miller, I think it's a consensus opinion in saying that he is past his prime, doesn't move like he used to, and has lost a bit of legs on his jumpshot. He's a good bench player and could give us a few good minutes here and there. But does anyone believe he has enough to be a starter? I personally don't think so, but I'd like to hear from a supporter as to why they believe in Big B.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
That's funny...

F*ck D'Antoni. What?

Is this the famous Still a fan from PSD cussing on another forum??? I know this posting style and I know you hate D'antoni. Is this you Still?

Kiyaman

Legend

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

And I always thought it would take a rocket scientist to figure that out, but it was easy as 1 + 1 = TR1LLION

Kiyaman

Legend
How do you know D'Ant clueless about coaching bigmen? And plz don't assume that you can prove this SWEEPING assertion by saying bc he DNP'd Darko....

How do you know our assistant coach does absolutely nothing but wait to become the full-time coach?

And our plan is working to perfection. It'd be a miracle to find a way to fill our roster?

You do realize we have a MLE, 2 MAX signings, and cap to sign as many backup C's to appease your obsessions?

And we have Gallo...and we have Chandler and Serg to package....with Curry...to swiftly get Okefur/Collinson...quite possibly even Chris Paul?

Nonetheless, our present situation really has NOTHING to do with D'Ant...and frankly, LITTLE to do with Walsh...Walsh has made the best out of a bad situation for us.

But like a rape victim -- you -- having been raped so many times by the rapist -- Isiah -- it is as if you can't see the truth of reality, and you see and cry rapist everywhere (D'ant...Walsh)

There are a million distinct scenarios in which we leave this OS contenders...and YOUNG contenders loaded with dynamic potential at that. It's a shame you won't allow yourself to see this and aren't enjoying the process.

Also, an FYI...Curry wasn't being traded for "decent" "tradeable" players...he wasn't being traded for the used condom of a sex-crazed midget.

Walsh played the Curry situation to perfection, too, and now we have a HUGE asset that will get us some combo of a legit C and PG, and possibly even Chris Paul.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

What the hell are u writing about?
How the hell can u fix your fingers to write
Eddy Curry will get the Knicks CP3.....has u lost your mind!!!
u better stop drinking diesel fuel it not vodka.....u asking to get burned alive by every NBA Fan writing foolishness

:afro: Kool down Kiya :smokin: take this blunt
blunt77.gif
guys like him is why there is no peace on earth they grow like weeds talking nothing but
:barf:

iSaYughh

Starter
Dear Donkey,

I've worked with mentally disabled in the past so I realize that, above all else, once has to repeat things sometimes.

So, again, please back up (the latest) in your zero-credibility statements:

How do you know D'Ant is clueless about coaching bigmen?

How do you know our assistant coach does nothing but wait to become the fulltime coach?

While we're at it...why don't you back up your laughable, disgraceful stance -- which you've had the lameness to REPEAT -- that Gallo's injury/surgery WASN'T REAL AND TRUE?

Listen child, you obviously a poor combination of reading comp, IQ, and honesty, but I'm still going to throw you a bone:

Curry's extremely valuable contract (which, as many forum members have felt, in itself could very well net us Okefur AND Collison) + Chandler (you know, that guy you give e-blowjobs to every chance you get) + Walker + two 1st round picks....yes, yes, *THAT* is what I've been saying could very well be instrumental in netting us CP3.

When did I say CURRY alone would get us CP3. Could he be instrumental? Of course. And only a willfully ignorant doomsday baffoon like yourself would not be willing to admit this.

Why? Because to do so what mean admitting that the state of the Knicks -- under, yes, D'Antoni and Walsh -- is in a POSITIVE spot.

You're so past tense it's not even that funny anymore. And without your big gay brothers running around protecting you by muddying the waters and taking the spotlight off what you spew, you're finito.

Again, a very typical -- and very very weak -- try to spin yourself out of being exposed by me in the last post, by attempting to mince a couple words, which, incidentally, are accurate either way.

The donkey got put in the blender with my last post; you squirmed around some; now you've been minced.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The reality is Miller, 34, will be hunted as an unrestricted free agent, the first time since he signed a seven-year, $68 million deal in 2003.

Already, stories have speculated the Rockets and Knicks will show interest.

"I'm not going to New York," Miller said flatly.

The 12-year veteran said a two-year deal with a third year player option would be ideal. The Bulls would re-sign Miller at the right price.

"This is definitely one of the teams on my small list that I'm very interested in," Miller said. "But I'm in a good situation and realistic about my worth. I'm not worried about having to chase money. I can go to the situation that's best for me.

"I've had security for a long time. I'm assuming there will be interest but you never know."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...icago--20100427_1_bulls-foul-fest-brad-miller

Damn. Even though I didn't want him, it is still a little disconcerting to be shot down by Brad Miller before free agency even begins.

moneyg

Starter
Damn. Even though I didn't want him, it is still a little disconcerting to be shot down by Brad Miller before free agency even begins.

well it depends on how u take it..... brad is only worth the vet min in the knicks eyes. he wont be going to ny because he wants more than that.:beer:
and im happy about that