Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ah... ya think Amare's opinion is biased, after all he did play for D'Antoni right? But I guess your the authority on what's valid, not the former player right. Your getting desperate.

A Stat is a measurable used to misconstru in arguing. Had you been aware... you would have known this. What the "stats" don't say is Amare is coming off major injuries and to credit D'Antoni for whatever his blocks per were is pathetic. I'm almost mad I dedicated .001% to sh*t on your rediculous claims. But some one has to right?

And I thought you were saying PHX and the NYK's had a comparable core. I was mistaken, that's easy for me to admit... lesson #10 son. Good thing you didn't say that one.

Realize young one, I simply used them as an example to make a point- one that wasn't even directed at you. Here are more examples you can use to make yourself look silly... NY is known for being fast paced, knowledgeable fans (except you), and little patience.

I am not making an argument that teams need to comform to anything... wake up McFly... that was your poor attempt at turning my opinion into one. See a pattern here? Needs to conform? SMH damn pathetic.

Hey pal... the "race card" is a phrase used to describe veiled racism. I never called you racist. (that cpu in Florida hasn't been used much has it). I simply pointed out your affinity for three members of the Knicks who happen to be white- hence your hype.

I could go on, but I know you'll continue posting and proving how frustrated and argumentative you are. It's getting sad.

I am not going round and round with you on the illogical train...the pessimists can join you on that journey, this will be my last post on this topic towards you. I will however state a few things for the record. It is clear what you were saying about identity and you can pretend all you want...I could give a fuk, the quotes are here for everyone to read. Further you can ignore stats and pretend I said D'ant was responsible for Amare's blocks...I didn't and again the quotes are here for everyone to read. I merely pointed out that he blamed D'ant for a lack of emphasis on defense yet they still play poor defense and he averages less blocks now under a different coach. Don't talk about injuries because Amare is playing at top form...funny how you are quick to find excuses for Amare yet ignore Gallo's back injury, a player on the team you claim to be a fan of...:td: (oh that's right! He's white and that doesn't fit your narrative so he doesn't get a pass...evidenced by your race baiting in your previous post)

Oh and playing the race card can be appropriate or in your case a tactic designed to mask your hallow position while lashing out in a futile emotional outburst. It's sad, pathetic and transparent...once again the only emotion you stir in me is pity.

I also find it funny how I can so easily control you...I comment months ago about how you write in long blocks without paragraphs and you overcompensate by writing all your posts line by line like a haiku. Now that I pointed that out you are struggling to form correct paragraphs and furiously trying to sound educated. You should be thanking me for the free writing lessons and the basketball knowledge I am dropping on you. First you though D'ant had been running SSOL....I corrected that. You thought a coach could compensate for a lack of talent...I corrected that. You thought that a COY year winner should be fired because he didn't overachieve during a cap shedding REBUILDING phase...I corrected that. You thought that another coach could have taken a team without a true center or true defensive players and make them a lock down team like the Knicks of the 90's...I corrected that. You thought that the 70's Knick teams were defined by their defense and not their ball movement and unselfish play...I corrected that. Then you thought a team is defined by the conference or history and not the players...I corrected that. You should be thanking me dog...I am making you a better human one post at a time! :teeth:

Good day and good luck! :thumbsup:

Red

TYPE-A
@ Trill aka Alice in Wonderland

I can pretend....? WTF? Thanks for letting me in on your mind-set. It's another one of your weaknesses; you actually let people in on what you're doing, by attempting to accuse them of it. Good Looks! BTW... this is at least the 10th x you've tried this.

Ignore stats... I would assume you're refering to Amare's BPG. Read slowly, a point is being made: were you not inferring D'Ant was responsible for Amare's blocks and now that he's gone- they are down by posting this?

I already showed how he averages less blocks now then he did under D'ant

No back-tracking now!Yeah... is it possible the coach they now have isn't that good of a defensive coach? Hello! And you thought you could manipulate the "argument". You can't McFly.

Amare stated D'ant didn't emphasize D. YOU actually think you can refute what a player w/ experience said... wake up!

Anyone who doesn't see your poor arguing attempts and lack of admission and, while valid, your opinion is CONTRARY to ACTUAL FACT is dumb. If posters support this obvious garbage based on ego and fantasy- f*ck them too.

About injury... Once again, stop fantasizing and accept REALITY... it's a FACT dummy or Cinderella. I've been mentioned Gallo's back as yet ANOTHER reason he was a mistake- get it right.

Told you, you would respond and make yourself look silly. You can't help it. And yeah you control me...

like a gimp controls his dominator... after you scream for abuse...

I (your master) ablige. More work young patwan.

Paul1355

All Star
No it wont...atleast we wont be stuck with horrible contracts for the next decade. We wont need to match salaries in trades, and will have the ability to go after whoever we want moving forward.
Without a legit center...we aren't going anywhere...we lost more than 30 games alone because we didnt have a big man to block shots, clog up the post and rebound to help David Lee in all those areas.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Without a legit center...we aren't going anywhere...we lost more than 30 games alone because we didnt have a big man to block shots, clog up the post and rebound to help David Lee in all those areas.
I love these numbers people throw out somehow no center=30 wins. There is no denying that we need a center, but there is no way to place a number on an enimga of a thing like that.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I can pretend....? WTF? Thanks for letting me in on your mind-set. It's another one of your weaknesses; you actually let people in on what you're doing, by attempting to accuse them of it. Good Looks! BTW... this is at least the 10th x you've tried this.
It's clear you are pretending you didn't say something because it is written for all of us to see. LOL...you a clown. :teeth: I'll post it for all just to hammer home what a disingenuous D-bag you are:

What do these teams have in common: Steelers, Yankees, Knicks?They're historic franchises with an IDENTITY. From way back PIT has always been a smash mouth, hard-nosed, defensive team.

The Yanks have always been a top spending, home-run hitting team. Hence the Bronx Bomber moniker.Can you guess where I'm going with this?

The Knicks like mostly all sucessful eastern teams were a defensive minded, tough team.

The funny thing is... this is your identity. No matter what coach or managers brought in...

the identity was still the same.
Our Knicks (and most suc. east franchises) are a Defensive Identity team.
You can't argue that we as an Eastern Conf. team have always and will always demand defense as our IDENTITY
:teeth: It's clear you are saying franchises and conferences or the history set decades ago defines a teams identity not the current players or system. You're a RED nosed clown...did I really have to quote shit from just a page ago? I mean honestly do you like being exposed? Are you the internet equivalent of a dirty old man, naked in a trench coat flashing his small penis at people proud as they laugh at you? :barf:

Ignore stats... I would assume you're refering to Amare's BPG. Read slowly, a point is being made: were you not inferring D'Ant was responsible for Amare's blocks and now that he's gone- they are down by posting this?
Read slowly: This is a spill over debate and I brought this fact up when the article you referenced was first posted. I was clear then and directed my points directly at you that they are still a weak defensive team and Aamre averages less blocks now. Who can he blame for those irrefutable facts now that D'ant is no longer the coach? Get it? Doubt it! Sad...

No back-tracking now!Yeah... is it possible the coach they now have isn't that good of a defensive coach? Hello! And you thought you could manipulate the "argument". You can't McFly.
Your Back to Future references are so cutting edge...why don't you make like a tree and....get out of here.

Amare stated D'ant didn't emphasize D. YOU actually think you can refute what a player w/ experience said... wake up!
I have posted several vidz directly showing D'ant coaching and emphasizing defense in huddles. You can go back and look them all up but one quickly for you to see:

[youtube<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiO-7EpkITE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>[/youtube]

Let's see what another player has to say since taking players at their word is the end all:

I think that Mike's a realist,'' Jeffries said. "Defending, like anything else in the NBA, is a talent level. And you can't have people that are not great defenders and expect them to be great defenders. Just like you can't have people that aren't great scorers and expect them to be great scorers. He put me out there to be a defender and he puts guys out there to be scorers. He does focus on defense, but if you don't have defensive players, then you're not going to be a great defensive team.'' He added, "It's not like he tells the guys, 'Don't go out there and guard anybody, just try to score.' That's not the case at all.''
--Jared Jeffries

Steve Nash. Amar'e Stoudemire. Boris Diaw. David Lee. Nate Robinson. Al Harrington. So many of the heavy-hitters on D'Antoni's teams have been poor to average defenders. He also had Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, and the aforementioned Jeffries, but asking a single (or even a couple) perimeter defenders to run a defense without help is a bit much. One bad defending apple can spoil the whole bunch, but an apple that's good at defense can't very well save the barrel now can he?
So yes, Amare is biased because he does not want to own up to his deficiencies at the defensive end. If it was all D'ant's fault then explain why they still suck at defense....I'll wait!

Anyone who doesn't see your poor arguing attempts and lack of admission and, while valid, your opinion is CONTRARY to ACTUAL FACT is dumb. If posters support this obvious garbage based on ego and fantasy- f*ck them too.
I post facts and stats and you post opinions and emotional rants yet you have the nerve to accuse me of that? Didn't you just post yesterday that stats are to be ignored? You too silly!

You are obviously hurt and mad that I embarrassed you in multiple threads and you have built this hatred and characture about me. I could give a fuk...I'm not mad. You are the one all emotional about the Knicks crying in each thread...creating threads dedicated to me and race baiting. You talk about poor arguing yet you play the race card for no reason and run from debates after being pinned down like a rape victim. Please dude...you are a clown and too stupid to see how you come across. I am argumentative... and I could give a fuk about that too. Clowns need someone to put them in their place and I happen to be that someone and you happen to be that clown...deal with it.

Last edited:

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
That vid should be a little of an eye opener to the haters...

I've been trying endlessly to explain to D'antoni haters on other forums who complain about how Mike needs to emphasize defense that in the Nba at that level playing good defense comes down to a players personal responsibility. Most of these cats in the NBA didn't get their by playing Defense it was scoring the ball that earned them their riches. Defense unlike offense doesn't take much skill it is hustle, effort, pride and heart that makes a great defender and if they are not that type of player at this point chances are they never will be that type of player. That point is clearly explained by pointing out the successes of players like: Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, Raja bell and in the past Dennis Rodman and Michael Cooper just to name a few. Very rarely do you get players that excel at both ends and when you do they usually win alot of games and championships. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem and KG.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That vid should be a little of an eye opener to the haters...

I've been trying endlessly to explain to D'antoni haters on other forums who complain about how Mike needs to emphasize defense that in the Nba at that level playing good defense comes down to a players personal responsibility. Most of these cats in the NBA didn't get their by playing Defense it was scoring the ball that earned them their riches. Defense unlike offense doesn't take much skill it is hustle, effort, pride and heart that makes a great defender and if they are not that type of player at this point chances are they never will be that type of player. That point is clearly explained by pointing out the successes of players like: Ben Wallace, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, Raja bell and in the past Dennis Rodman and Michael Cooper just to name a few. Very rarely do you get players that excel at both ends and when you do they usually win alot of games and championships. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Duncan, Hakeem and KG.

What's ironic about that video is how much D'ant actually focuses on defense. The guy is telling MVP Nash...the player people claim was really coaching the team from the floor to switch and anticipated the pick before it manifested. Nash and the other defender don't react in time and the Bucks score...D'ant is mad. It's clear he focuses on defense and is constanly yelling out defensive schemes and improvements. He discusses doubling Michael Redd too and it ends up working leading to a missed shot and winning the game.

The idea that a coach can have such success, win COY and not know how to coach defense is laughable. It's urban legend like big foot or the lochness monster. These guys probably think if you say Bloody Mary into a mirror 10 times that a ghost will appear...Half these guys hating on D'ant have never examined his record or attempted to see if these myths are true. Hell we have posters in this thread who don't even understand SSOL let alone Mike D's defensive schemes. SHFH...haters gonna hate!

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
What's ironic about that video is how much D'ant actually focuses on defense. The guy is telling MVP Nash...the player people claim was really coaching the team from the floor to switch and anticipated the pick before it manifested. Nash and the other defender don't react in time and the Bucks score...D'ant is mad. It's clear he focuses on defense and is constanly yelling out defensive schemes and improvements. He discusses doubling Michael Redd too and it ends up working leading to a missed shot and winning the game.

The idea that a coach can have such success, win COY and not know how to coach defense is laughable. It's urban legend like big foot or the lochness monster. These guys probably think if you say Bloody Mary into a mirror 10 times that a ghost will appear...Half these guys hating on D'ant have never examined his record or attempted to see if these myths are true. Hell we have posters in this thread who don't even understand SSOL let alone Mike D's defensive schemes. SHFH...haters gonna hate!

True... Another common misconception about Mike D is that he doesn't like to play rookies. Laughable.... Barbosa was a rookie under Mike and was killing it for a couple of years. Amare was in his second year when Mike took over. Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion were both young. The whole team minus Nash was a pretty young team. On another forum I named every rookie that played for Mike and the only one still in the league was Barbosa. And that he doesn't develop players well....what a joke. Gallinari didn't play much at all in his rookie season and this year had a pretty good year and clearly improved from the beggining of the season to the end same with TD. All these clowns think that in every huddle or every practice Mike is only telling them "hey guys just shoot three's, OK". His two best players in Phoenix were notoriously bad on the defensive end. His best player here in NY was pretty bad on defense also. Like Jared said you need the personnel to be good on defense.