Rudy Fernandez??

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm glad we didn't make any trades to get Rudy Fernandez. I definitely wanted him on the Knicks, but his performance in the playoffs has been very disappointing.

He's complained loudly to the media about not getting enough minutes. With Roy down, this is his chance to prove to everyone that he is deserving of more minutes and that his complaining is justified. But he's been awful, just awful.

Averaging 28 minutes, 5 pts on 22% fg and 14% 3 point.

I still think he has a lot of talent and can be a very good NBA player, but this has got to send some red flags about how much Rudy Fernandez is worth.

Hopefully he can turn it around because I like him as a player.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You can't use a small sample size like that to determine how good Rudy is, especially since he hasn't taken too many shots to begin with. He had a rough night in game one, wasn't really much of a factor in game 2, and played decently in game 3...

I mean he's not Brandon Roy but he's an upgrade over anybody we've got right now

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
It's been an overall bad season for Rudy, he started injuried, he didn't had Sergio who knew more his game and he seemed to have lost his shot, as he has been limited to a 3p shooter role from the bench. I think his complainings are more about his role than his playing time. He has being misused in attack as a 3 point shooter, when he's an all-around player who can do much more. However, not with McMillan's system, which is all offense and only Roy in offense.

McMillan has buried a lot of talent through these years, and I'm not only talking about Sergio and Rudy as a biased spaniard fan. It's also Bayless (who scored 31 points the day they hadn't any other guards to play) and Frye (who seemed to take his revenge last monday with 24 points)...

Altough he is always praised there by some media, I think Portland won't win anything with that guy as a coach, they may be reaching the PO every year but they can't win a PO series whith such a limited offensive scheme. That guy thinks Brandon Roy is LeBron James and he isn't. I think McMillan is an amazing deffensive coach but end of the story, he doesn't know how to use the talent he has and always tries to fit their players into closed roles.

And about Rudy, I think right now he would like to come back to Europe as he isn't enjoying playing for such a square-minded coach, he seems to be almost depressed. However, it seems his contract situation won't allow that easily to come back, so I think he could flourish next season again if he's traded. I'm completely convinced that his bad performance this season are due to psychological reasons.

I'd love to see Sergio and Rudy again in a Knicks shirt, but I don't know if Sergio would be back as his performance in NY has been quite disapointing. I think with a training camp and people who can run the SSOL with him (I mean, not with TMac at his side freezing the offense and guys like Al Harrington playing for his own stats) he would start being solid. Not to say if Rudy is with him again...

Paul1355

All Star
You can't use a small sample size like that to determine how good Rudy is, especially since he hasn't taken too many shots to begin with. He had a rough night in game one, wasn't really much of a factor in game 2, and played decently in game 3...

I mean he's not Brandon Roy but he's an upgrade over anybody we've got right now
I agree he has not proven to an inconsistent Gallinari YET

I would take Rudy and make him the starting SG in NY.

I am trying to understand why we want another bench loser from a winning team that cant crack a rotation.

am I to believe that Nate Mcmillian is a poor coach who doesnt play good talent ?

he relegated bayless to the bench for most of his career, and he is playing big minutes over rudy in the playoffs probably because he is better.

He is playing batun over rudy probably because he is a better player

I am tired of hearing talent talent talent

if you dont perform you dont play

I personally think as an NBA pro rudy fernandez sucks and that is why he gets the minutes he gets, does that not mean he cant get better of course not, but to ask him to be out starting shooting guard, I would rather have bill walker start at shooting guard for us than rudy at this point

Bill came in and proved night in and night out he can contribute with out being erratic.

with all the injuries to portland you would have epected rudy to step up this year and has he ? absolutely not, he has actually regressed.

I say no to rudy unless you are paying him pennies as a back up.
he currently stands as a sergio rod in a shooting guard body in my opinion

iSaYughh

Starter
Lit it up in game6 loss. Couple of his hits were pretty clutch too.

Like 17minutes, 5/6, all from downtown.

If we whiff on securing a bigtime starting SG, I wouldn't hate a tandem of Rudy and Walker/Douglas.