report: Amar'e extension in [possible] works..

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lee>Amare

Both are bad defenders but Lee rebounds like Dwight and Amare like Curry!

Plus Lee can be had for much less

knicksin60

Starter
One minute Amar'e is dissatisfied with his team and wants to be traded and then the next minute he wants to sign an extension with them.Funny how winning could quickly change a player's mind.

CoolGuyC

Rookie
Since Boston is about to sweep Miami and since Toronto didn't even make the playoffs, do you guys think the Knicks could pair Wade and Bosh together? Would they even sign with us?

Since Boston is about to sweep Miami and since Toronto didn't even make the playoffs, do you guys think the Knicks could pair Wade and Bosh together? Would they even sign with us?

Seeing as Miami also has enough cap room this summer to re-sign DWade and another max contract, I think Bosh is more likely to join him down there. I think Wade and the coach Eric Spoelstra have a pretty good relationship, plus Miami is a pretty attractive city as well.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Seeing as Miami also has enough cap room this summer to re-sign DWade and another max contract, I think Bosh is more likely to join him down there. I think Wade and the coach Eric Spoelstra have a pretty good relationship, plus Miami is a pretty attractive city as well.
Very possible if Wade resigns. He's indicated he wants to come back, but then again, who knows? If Wade bolts, there is no way Bosh goes to Miami. Miami may be an attractive city, but so is New York. We'll have more young talent to offer than Miami if Wade chooses not to resign.

Douglas, Gallo, Chandler, and Walker > DeQuan Cook and Michael Beasely

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya, agreed. We also can't forget the influx of talent to occur from signing a ML player, in addition to a piece via Curry.

I have high hopes (assuming Walsh can sift thru the now-complex board and align the pieces correctly.)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm wondering. I think New York would be a better place if Wade and Bosh decided to sign together than Miami. Miami would be rough because I think we have far better talent on the books for next season than they do (ie we have Gallo, Chandler, and Walker, whereas Michael Beasley has underachieved and Daequan Cook is a bench player. Gallo at least could start at a forward position for most teams in the league).

iSaYughh

Starter
pg Serg
sg Wade/Walker
sf Gallo/Chandler
pf TyrusT
c Bosh
6th Douglas

Flip Curry's contract and picks for another asset...wonder if Curry could be used to ensnare a Wolve? Rubio...even Flynn.

Could Curry, Serg, 2 1sts and Chandler for Okefur and Paul be had??? Eh.

Exciting times.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Curry's contract will only be valuable for us to take back pretty big salary. The Timberwolves' only major contract is that of Al Jefferson, and I'm not totally sure they want to trade him (nor am I totally sure that we want him).

If we can't get Paul, at the very least we could probably get Darren Collison. The Hornets are bankrupt as it is, and they'll be all too eager to dump salary, let alone a gigantic contract like that of Emeka Okafor. But Okafor will serve for us a massive massive need in the fact that we badly need a shotblocking center, and while Okafor isn't a great offensive player he's enough of an offensive player to be a presence in the paint and that's something that we're lacking badly as of right now. Yes, we'll be somewhat undersized, but Okafor's excellent shotblocking ability makes up for it.

Imagine this:

PG: Collison
SG: Wade
SF: Gallinari
PF: Bosh
C:Okafor

That's a mighty fine starting lineup

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya, super sick lineup. Good pt on wolves; wasn't sure if they had a lame contract we could take. Guess it's walker/Chandler/picks if we want a guard of theirs.

I'd love to see us sign and somehow integrate tyrus Thomas tho with a MLE. Seems like a great defensive prescence who can run, and has underlying potential to do more.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Wade and James wouldn't work on the same team. Both would want the ball in their hands at crunch time... their each to big a star to have on the same team..

If Wade and Bosh were to play together, i'd imagine it'd be much simpler for Bosh just to go to Miami.. that could be done at the snap of a finger.. both leaving, signing with NY would be more effort than Wade cares to give... he likes Miami, makes more sense for them to go after Bosh to appease Wade

Though if i was Bosh i'd be looking at Thunder..that team is a big man away from being a force..

Man, the Thunder are a force already and that leads me to my next point. We cant be trading anymore first round picks. OKC built their team up on the wings of 5 first round picks (Durant, Westbrook, Jeff Green, James Harden, Serge Ibaka) within 3 years.

Seeing as no one is going to want to sign with us if we don't have a point guard or a center, I think our off-season starts with a trade to acquire one of the two.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
They also sucked for a long long time. If we want to suck for another five more years, yeah, then sure we can go with that. But I don't think that's what's happening. Keep in mind that the Sonics had to REALLY suck to be able to get Kevin Durant.

That's the problem with us - even when we sucked, we didn't really tank badly enough to get high enough picks - which is pretty lame considering the one time we did have a really good pick Isiah traded it to Portland in a trade that involved Eddy Curry (and look at how well that worked out for us)

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
pg Serg
sg Wade/Walker
sf Gallo/Chandler
pf TyrusT
c Bosh
6th Douglas

Flip Curry's contract and picks for another asset...wonder if Curry could be used to ensnare a Wolve? Rubio...even Flynn.

Could Curry, Serg, 2 1sts and Chandler for Okefur and Paul be had??? Eh.

Exciting times.
The only problem is the part about the 1st round draft picks. I for one, am NOT willing to give up any more first rounders. We don't even have any to give after the T-Mac trade....so unless you're talking future 1st rounders, that can't be made possible.

We don't even need to give up picks to obtain those two, if we are already giving them back that much in return.

NO MORE PICKS!!

Building through the draft is the real way to build a franchise.

iSaYughh

Starter
The only problem is the part about the 1st round draft picks. I for one, am NOT willing to give up any more first rounders. We don't even have any to give after the T-Mac trade....so unless you're talking future 1st rounders, that can't be made possible.

We don't even need to give up picks to obtain those two, if we are already giving them back that much in return.

NO MORE PICKS!!

Building through the draft is the real way to build a franchise.

If it took one -- even two -- *future* 1st's, for Paul? I'd do it in a heartbeat, without giving up Gallo. Here's why:

Paul + 1 big FA + our MLE (and Okefur)....it's worth mortgaging the entire farm for this situation, minus Gallo..and we'd do it without giving up Douglas (or Walker, I guess)

The problem, to me, with just "building through the draft"...is that our franchise has been soSO butchered...it calls for drastic action:

Unless we are all willing to wait a few years to hopefully become a halfway decent playoff team. And even then, we could just draft a few Michael Sweetneys or get the 7th pick (etc.) in a 6player draft...not unlike this past year. I like -- LOVE -- building up beasts through the draft...but out team/franchise/draft situation is SO fckd....we'd be wasting MANY more years JUST to have a chance at DEVELOPING talent...and to become what?

We don't have a pick this year bc of Stevie Francis trade. Which *EVERYONE* knew was horrible.

I don't mind sacrificing picks if it makes sense in that you are getting back a known commodity that has clear value. Just HURLING around picks I agree is HORRIBLE -- i.e. Isiah -- but I'd still be pro-active in dealing picks in our spot so long as their is a rhyme & reason to it.

pg Paul
sg Morrows
sf Gallo
pf Lee
c Okefur
6th Douglas

That team is a contender for the next 5+ years...I thus wouldn't be AT ALL averse to trading away a couple future 1sts, and (in "THEORY") I'm not sure I'd even hate giving away our next *FIVE* 1st's in the deal!!!

How f'ing sweet would that team be? And all we really need to do is secure the Paul Trade to make it a total reality.

**that's just a theoretical thought based on what I said prior about the team's status for the next ~5+ years and how it would effectively impact the worth of the draft to us, particularly if any decline in worth was directly associated with making us instant (YOUNG) contenders.

What I wouldn't do for that team and to be able to destroy Lebron and his cast of big gay underlings....:gony: Same or Durant & Co.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's actually the Stephon Marbury trade that left us without a 2010 pick, but I see your point.

Rebuilding through the draft would be awesome if you could pick up a player like Kevin Durant. Then again you could also draft Hasheem Thabust and then your franchise is in shambles, so...

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
It's actually the Stephon Marbury trade that left us without a 2010 pick, but I see your point.

Rebuilding through the draft would be awesome if you could pick up a player like Kevin Durant. Then again you could also draft Hasheem Thabust and then your franchise is in shambles, so...
Rebuilding through the draft isn't anymore risky than free agency. If anything, it's safer. We're betting our franchise on players that aren't even a sure thing to be a part of the 2010 free agency class. They need to opt out first, or exercise the early termination option in their contracts.

I feel bad for Thabeet. Thabeet has a chance still. The guy didn't even play ball til high school. Unfortunately, some aren't as naturally athletic as Timmy D. But, I wouldn't say the Grizz are in shambles. The Grizz were a few wins away from being a playoff team, and solidifying themselves as the 2nd biggest surprise in the NBA.

Our 2010 plan is flawed, but I'm hoping for the best! And the fact that Donnie is going all out atleast makes the plan respectable. If we were on the fence about making cap room, I'd probably be against Operation 2010 all together.

We'll have to wait to see what the OS holds.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Rebuilding through the draft isn't anymore risky than free agency. If anything, it's safer. We're betting our franchise on players that aren't even a sure thing to be a part of the 2010 free agency class. They need to opt out first, or exercise the early termination option in their contracts.

I feel bad for Thabeet. Thabeet has a chance still. The guy didn't even play ball til high school. Unfortunately, some aren't as naturally athletic as Timmy D. But, I wouldn't say the Grizz are in shambles. The Grizz were a few wins away from being a playoff team, and solidifying themselves as the 2nd biggest surprise in the NBA.

Our 2010 plan is flawed, but I'm hoping for the best! And the fact that Donnie is going all out atleast makes the plan respectable. If we were on the fence about making cap room, I'd probably be against Operation 2010 all together.

We'll have to wait to see what the OS holds.

"Our 2010 plan is flawed"....where did you come up with this line of BS?
The plan has not even been finished. Wait until something is done before you criticize it. So was Ainge's plan 2 years ago flawed? And Ainge traded for aging vets and I still consider it a success. Unless you can see the future stop trying to put a damper on the future with your pessimistic hooey.