Do you Think Inserting Lebron to any core would make that team a contender?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think anyone with a half a brain would understand why I am posing this question. So lets check the sub .500 squads who missed the playoffs

N.O.

hornets.jpg

Chris Paul
Peja
LEBRON JAMES
David West
Emaka Okafor

This is no doubt a championship contender!!!!!!!!!

Sac-Town

Kings_Logo_jpg.jpg

Beno Udich
Tyreke Evans
LEBRON JAMES
Carl Landry
Jason Thompson

I'd say this team is about as good as Utah or Portland which a vast improvement for a team that went 25-57

L.A. Clippers (LA's redheaded step child)
la-clippers-2010.jpg

Baron Davis
Eric Gordan
LEBRON JAMES
Blake Griffen
Kaman

The game is not played on paper, but this is a championship contender with for sure

Minny
kahn-wolves.jpg

Flynn
Corey Brewer
LEBRON JAMES
Kevin Love
Al Jefferson

From 17 and 65 to a 50-32 team, a very dangerous playoff opponent

NEW JERSEY Nets (New York's one eyed step child)

hov.jpg

Harris
Lee
LEBRON JAMES
Yi
Brook Lopez

This is just the half, no less than the 4th pick, plus the ability to add yet another top tier FA means if LBJ joined them this is instantly the best team in the EAST for years to come!

Synopsis:

Lebron can make any team into a contender, certainley could give 20 more wins per game to a roster

What also can be determined is that if Lebron leaves there are even better options than The Knicks

iSaYughh

Starter
Agreed. I think and pray we make a serious play for Chris Paul. And I actually would like to have this team battle & destroy Lebron:

Curry + Chandler + Serg + 2011 1st + 2012 1st FOR Paul + Okefur

pg CP3
sg Morrows (MLE signing)
sf Gallo
pf Bosh (Lee?)
c Okefor
6th Douglas

I *love* that lineup so hard. Imagine how beautifully those pieces would work together....

So young, too.

iSaYughh

Starter
Imagine the NYfckingNets:

pg Harris-JohnWall
sg JoeJohnson
sf Lebron
pf Yi
c Lopez

Wall either becomes a king unto himself and totally replaces Harris who becomes more asset-bait in a trade....and in the meantime you get a borderline-AllStar talent&player in Harris to man PG.

Even if Yi doesn't become much more than he is he is an asset on that team, and it's truly a worldbeater.

Greatest of alltime on paper?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Better teams in order to win. That's a good/obvious point. But it's not THE point.

The only reason NY is considered his #2 option is because of the market. On ESPN, columnists have each put down their thoughts on Lebron's possible destinations if he were to leave the Cavs and each have NY as the most likely.

If Lebron joined the Knicks, we'd make the playoffs. That's a given. The wins will come. Obviously the first season is the main detractor. He'd have to take a step back in the win column and have a tougher 1st round opponent as a lower seed. Magic, Hawks, Boston. Sign Bosh as well..... Different story. The cap is there to build a better team in the coming years. We won't have a center, but neither will Cleveland. Maybe.

It's well known that he'd only leave for a big market city. Pointless to say he'd even consider N.O, Minny and Sacramento. Why would he even want to join a West squad?

It's only ever been about cash and fame VS home town and mutiny. He'll stay because he couldn't handle the label of "greedy fame grabber" or something along those lines, from his hometown AND current team mates.

And people that say he'll leave if the Cavs take the trophy this year are ridiculous. That would guarantee him staying. All he needs to do is single handedly beat the Celtics and Magic.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Good thread...

There's no question that most of those teams would improve drastically. Still, I don't see a team like minnesota or sacramento making the play-offs their first year with lebron..

Which means Lebron doesn't have as many options that are better than the N.Y. Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
I like how you took random teams and made them look good

Even if you have the Minnesota Timberwolves

Flynn
Lebron
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Easy playoff run right there with a bad team

Even but Lebron on the Nets and you do damage

Harris
Williams
Lebron
Top Draft pick(Derrick Favors, PF)
Lopez

PLAYOFFS

Every team with Lebron can easily go to the playoffs but its all about defense and having that 2nd go to guy.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I like how you took random teams and made them look good

Even if you have the Minnesota Timberwolves

Flynn
Lebron
Brewer
Love
Jefferson

Easy playoff run right there with a bad team

Even but Lebron on the Nets and you do damage

Harris
Williams
Lebron
Top Draft pick(Derrick Favors, PF)
Lopez

PLAYOFFS

Every team with Lebron can easily go to the playoffs but its all about defense and having that 2nd go to guy.

put lebron on the nets and thats a finals team hands down, he'll have that 2nd option and dominate force down-low in Lopez( whos become an allstar ). NJ will in my opinion pose as our biggest threat in the future