Brad Miller: I'm not going to NY

dre48ny

Rotation player
Who the **** cares about this dude?
It's about the big names I care about.
He didn't take the Bulls to the next level.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This does say something about players being attracted to the bright lights of NY. Although Miller is just a spec on our wish list, I believe most players share his sentiment.

pat

Starter
This does say something about players being attracted to the bright lights of NY. Although Miller is just a spec on our wish list, I believe most players share his sentiment.

Nah: Can you really see him...

... in New York City?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Nah: Can you really see him...

... in New York City?

I can see him here under the right circumstance. However, i'm not lobbying for him or anything. My point was just that he's not swayed by having the opportunity to play in NYC. He's just fine staying in Chicago. I just think the mystic of playing in NYC at the Garden isn't what it used to be ever since the team went to sh*t. Other players in better competitive situations may very well stay put. Joe Johnson is a more recent example. (although he could change his mind...but still)

XH20X

Rookie

I agree with you, the Knicks do not really have anything to offer these FAs except for money and basically the city of New York. There are plenty of other places that are far more attractive than NY. I have a bad feeling about this summer, its not about not signing the so called big names FAs to max contracts but making mistakes by signing FAs to max contracts that aren't worth max. Most of the big names FAs are leaning towards signing with their own team, which makes FAs like David Lee, Rudy Gay and Amares 's value rise. I rather the Knicks keep their money this season instead of making a critical mistake that will cripple them in the future.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I agree with you, the Knicks do not really have anything to offer these FAs except for money and basically the city of New York. There are plenty of other places that are far more attractive than NY. I have a bad feeling about this summer, its not about not signing the so called big names FAs to max contracts but making mistakes by signing FAs to max contracts that aren't worth max. Most of the big names FAs are leaning towards signing with their own team, which makes FAs like David Lee, Rudy Gay and Amares 's value rise. I rather the Knicks keep their money this season instead of making a critical mistake that will cripple them in the future.

Good point.

There's a ton of pressure on Donnie to deliver this offseason, so I don't think we'll be seeing any money being spared.

pat

Starter
I can see him here under the right circumstance. However, i'm not lobbying for him or anything. My point was just that he's not swayed by having the opportunity to play in NYC. He's just fine staying in Chicago. I just think the mystic of playing in NYC at the Garden isn't what it used to be ever since the team went to sh*t. Other players in better competitive situations may very well stay put. Joe Johnson is a more recent example. (although he could change his mind...but still)

It might do the trick for some guys. However, a guy that enjoys bow-hunting might be put off by the idea of living in NYC.