A couple of Knicks talking points on BS Report

Kiyaman

Legend
Annnnnnd

Phil Jackson is more than just an attraction for players, he has the ability to have certain players sign for less than their worth (Bulls & Lakers).
Phil Jackson became the first coach to make-up his own home-made contract for a team owner to sign, which covers most of the G.M. position and the hiring of his own long personal assistant coaching staff.
Phil Jackson has did the "imposible" throughout his entire coaching career in the NBA.
The Knicks would be in the 2nd round playoffs this season with a promising future if owner Dolan had the chance to sign one of Phil Jackson's home-made contracts two years ago.

David Lee would be a much better PF than Bosh on the Toronto Raptors b/c of his passing-ability, defensive-rebounding, and complimentary team performance to improve C-Barg, SF-Turk, and F/G-Derozan performance in the frontcourt.
Bosh is a strong rebounder, defender, and scorer, but he dont compliment his teammates performance in improving.
A trade of Bosh for Lee would result in the Raptors getting the best of the trade all the way around.
I know this will lead into a big debate amongst Fans.....WTF!

Baron Davis is and always were a halfcourt offensive PG, his running game depends on how fast the rebounder could get him the ball and his SG or SF could get out infront of him for the lob-pass. He also is injury-prone when the coach dont see eye to eye with him. He dont have the ability to keep up with the young guards in the NBA anymore.
Davis has become an expensive 20 mpg backup PG.
To trade Curry for Baron Davis is worst than trading a no-playing expiring contract Mcdyess for Marbury (and thats with the 2010 first round pick too).
Foolish trade for a PG that wish he could.

Was listening to BS Report with ESPN writer Bill Simmons and NBA Analyst Marc Stein and they brought up a couple of things about the Knicks that I sort of wanted to share:

The two should've pick another subject other than the Knicks organization to talk about b/c they are speaking on something every NBA Fan knew about 2 years ago.
The Knicks needed a catylist headcoach like Phil Jackson, David Lee is the top tradeable player on the Knicks, and Eddie Curry contract must be traded for a PG to replace Marbury.
All this was known when clueless Isiah was at the helm of things in 2007-8 season...

KBlack25

Starter
The two should've pick another subject other than the Knicks organization to talk about b/c they are speaking on something every NBA Fan knew about 2 years ago.
The Knicks needed a catylist headcoach like Phil Jackson, David Lee is the top tradeable player on the Knicks, and Eddie Curry contract must be traded for a PG to replace Marbury.
All this was known when clueless Isiah was at the helm of things in 2007-8 season...

Every NBA fan knew 2 years ago that David Lee for Chris Bosh might not benefit the Toronto Raptors because none of their forwards (including Hedo who they got last year) would be strong defensive presence?

Every NBA fan knew 2 years ago that the Knicks NEEDED to trade Curry's contract after he just had the best season of his entire life (I hate the guy, but it was just after his best season) for a PG to replace Marbury who was still on the team?

Do you even think before you type?

Kiyaman

Legend
Every NBA fan knew 2 years ago that David Lee for Chris Bosh might not benefit the Toronto Raptors because none of their forwards (including Hedo who they got last year) would be strong defensive presence?

Every NBA fan knew 2 years ago that the Knicks NEEDED to trade Curry's contract after he just had the best season of his entire life (I hate the guy, but it was just after his best season) for a PG to replace Marbury who was still on the team?

Do you even think before you type?

Do u know what u are writing? or the year I mention?
or do u just like F...king wid me.
Curry best season was 2006-7 when we had Frye.

The 2007-8 season was......
The Knicks lost to the 16 win Heat to start the lockerroom blame game.
Marbury made a u turn at the airport and wasnt repremanded.
Both Q.Rich & Zach screamed on Isiah for taking them out of the game.
The Curry & Zach tandem didnt work on rebounding or defense,
so Isiah sat Curry while he showcase Zach Randolph to be traded before the deadline.
Donnie Walsh was hired in March 2008, and Walsh tried to trade David Lee for Memphis 5th pick, when Minny wouldve gave up their 3rd pick for David Lee. The next team seen the future in David Lee more than Walsh and alot of Knick fans.

K-Black....u need to go back 2 years ago when Donnie Walsh first mentioned his 2010 Plan, every member in this forum was writing trades for Curry, Zach, Crawful, and Jefferies. Plus who the new headcoach should be, the top 3 names in all the Knick forums were Mark Jackson, Ewing, and Tom Thibodeau.

KBlack25

Starter
Do u know what u are writing? or the year I mention?
or do u just like F...king wid me.
Curry best season was 2006-7 when we had Frye.

The 2007-8 season was......
The Knicks lost to the 16 win Heat to start the lockerroom blame game.
Marbury made a u turn at the airport and wasnt repremanded.
Both Q.Rich & Zach screamed on Isiah for taking them out of the game.
The Curry & Zach tandem didnt work on rebounding or defense,
so Isiah sat Curry while he showcase Zach Randolph to be traded before the deadline.
Donnie Walsh was hired in March 2008, and Walsh tried to trade David Lee for Memphis 5th pick, when Minny wouldve gave up their 3rd pick for David Lee. The next team seen the future in David Lee more than Walsh and alot of Knick fans.

K-Black....u need to go back 2 years ago when Donnie Walsh first mentioned his 2010 Plan, every member in this forum was writing trades for Curry, Zach, Crawful, and Jefferies. Plus who the new headcoach should be, the top 3 names in all the Knick forums were Mark Jackson, Ewing, and Tom Thibodeau.

So every Knicks fan and
KiyaMan said:
every NBA fan
knew 2 years ago that the Knicks might be looking to do a sign and trade with David Lee for Chris Bosh?

And they knew 2 years ago (the Knicks fans and the NBA fans) that Eddy Curry (not Jefferies, Marbury, Crawford or Randolph) would have to be traded for a PG?

And if Eddy Curry had his best season in 2006-07 that means he was just coming off his best season in 2007-08 (which is what I said). So why did people KNOW two years ago we had to trade him, not any of the other pieces we had, for a PG?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
K-Black....after the 2004-5 season (Im the best guard in the NBA) it was widely known that the Knicks needed a center to go alongside of PF-Kurt Thomas, plus we needed a no non-sense headcoach.
Herb Williams was the best suited b/c Patrick Ewing made it publically known in the 2005 offseason he would accept being Herb's assistant coach.
The Eastern Conference demands a bigman or two for a winning success, this has been known for the last 40 yrs in the NBA.

In the 2010 offseason the Knicks has holes in every position from 1 to 5.
To have PF-David Lee resign with the Knicks we have to trade for a center on draft night "Pryzbilla or Diop" plus resign Earl Barron.
The Knicks played poorly for two straight seasons b/c we did not have a center in our rotation, forcing every player to perform out of position.
This type of coaching should be put to a stop before the 2010-11 season.
C-Pryzbilla or Diop
PF-Lee (prepared to resign)
SF-Chandler
Backups C-Barron (prepared to resign), SF-Gallo
Having these bigmen on the team before July 1st would give the Knicks better leverage at going after a max player.

I use the term "NBA-Fans" b/c within the last 10 yrs u will find more trolls in Knick forums than u will in Lakers and Celtics forums.
Your sarcasm of trading Lee for Bosh 2 yrs ago is u wanting to be right about something is humorous b/c u were clueless of Lee's potential 2 yrs ago.
u didnt see him coming.........................

KBlack25

Starter
K-Black....after the 2004-5 season (Im the best guard in the NBA) it was widely known that the Knicks needed a center to go alongside of PF-Kurt Thomas, plus we needed a no non-sense headcoach.
Herb Williams was the best suited b/c Patrick Ewing made it publically known in the 2005 offseason he would accept being Herb's assistant coach.
The Eastern Conference demands a bigman or two for a winning success, this has been known for the last 40 yrs in the NBA.

In the 2010 offseason the Knicks has holes in every position from 1 to 5.
To have PF-David Lee resign with the Knicks we have to trade for a center on draft night "Pryzbilla or Diop" plus resign Earl Barron.
The Knicks played poorly for two straight seasons b/c we did not have a center in our rotation, forcing every player to perform out of position.
This type of coaching should be put to a stop before the 2010-11 season.
C-Pryzbilla or Diop
PF-Lee (prepared to resign)
SF-Chandler
Backups C-Barron (prepared to resign), SF-Gallo
Having these bigmen on the team before July 1st would give the Knicks better leverage at going after a max player.

I use the term "NBA-Fans" b/c within the last 10 yrs u will find more trolls in Knick forums than u will in Lakers and Celtics forums.
Your sarcasm of trading Lee for Bosh 2 yrs ago is u wanting to be right about something is humorous b/c u were clueless of Lee's potential 2 yrs ago.
u didnt see him coming.........................

Kiyaman, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Kiyaman

Legend
K-Black.....whats wid all the insults and name calling
where all dat came from

The Knicks had a 37 win season in 2002-3 season
and a 39 win season in 2003-4 season
The Knicks got those wins from having a defensive-system and using bigmen in their rotation.

After 2 yrs of clueless Isiah coaching and then 2 yrs of DNP-Damntoni coaching....if a NBA writer or analyst dont point directly to them as the Knicks main problem ................... yet go around these two idiot coaches pointing fingers at everything but those two idiots no-defense coaching style

Just b/c u accept the foolishness from these coaches, and writers blaming Knick-players, does not mean every Knick-Fan agree

I hope u have some better school bus insults & name-callin
:peace::peace::peace:
Kiya :smokin:

KBlack25

Starter
K-Black.....whats wid all the insults and name calling
where all dat came from

The Knicks had a 37 win season in 2002-3 season
and a 39 win season in 2003-4 season
The Knicks got those wins from having a defensive-system and using bigmen in their rotation.

After 2 yrs of clueless Isiah coaching and then 2 yrs of DNP-Damntoni coaching....if a NBA writer or analyst dont point directly to them as the Knicks main problem ................... yet go around these two idiot coaches pointing fingers at everything but those two idiots no-defense coaching style

Just b/c u accept the foolishness from these coaches, and writers blaming Knick-players, does not mean every Knick-Fan agree

I hope u have some better school bus insults & name-callin
:peace::peace::peace:
Kiya :smokin:

My response was from an American-classic film, Billy Madison.

And it was directed to the fact that you sat there, typing away about how we lacked a center, we needed "DeSagna Diop", and all that. I'm inclined to agree we need a center, but you ran into a problem because this whole discussion started because YOU said that 2 years ago
Kiyaman said:
Every NBA fan knew we needed to trade Eddy Curry for a replacement PG

But then started talking about we don't have a center. I don't have a problem with you making your argument, but at least make it cogently.

Show me one post from 2 years ago where a single NBA fan said

The Knicks have to trade Eddy Curry for a PG

Show me one post from 2 years ago where a single NBA fan said

In two years, the Knicks are going to be in position to sign and trade Lee for Chris Bosh. But the Raptors won't do it because it would provide them with a defensively-weak 3-4-5 in Hedo Turkoglu-Andrea Bargnani-David Lee

You say you wanted a big man in the rotation all these years, I agree. I have been on this board agreeing...but you have not backed up your ludicrous assertions that two years ago:

1) Every Knicks/NBA fan knew we had to trade Curry for a replacement PG

2) Every Knicks/NBA fan knew the Raptors would be lukewarm at best at a Chris Bosh-Dave Lee sign-and-trade because of the way it would leave the Raptors' front court.

Back-up those assertions, give proof. Don't give me a rambling diatribe about why we need a center.

I know we need a center, any person with half a brain knows we need a center, and any person who watches the NBA knows how critical a true-center is in the NBA (waiting for all the people to come spouting in about Lopez...again...for the one millionth time). But that has nothing to do with your original assertion nor my response to your original assertion. The two are unrelated.

Knicksin60 - my problem with Kiyaman is he comes on here spouting out the ass, presenting it as fact, and then when someone challenges all he has is some long scrolling diatribe filled with bolds italics bold italics and font color changes that do nothing more than ramble on about how we needed a center for the last 10 years rather than back-up/support or in any way even make more likely his unbelievably unfounded assertions (like that 2 years ago every NBA fan knew we had to trade Eddy Curry for a PG).

KBlack25

Starter
Kaman is way too injury prone and halfcourt for me...

Davis is DONE. I rather have Marbury.

Agreed on Kaman, not a fan. We can do better. But I don't know about BD...he's a shell of himself sure, and he makes a lot of money. I'm on the fence about him, I actually rather like Toney Douglas over a lot of what is out there at PG, home-grown, comes cheap, showed signs when he actually got to play, solid on D. Get the kid running and he can be a more than fine PG.

But I do see where the BD support comes from, and the trade makes a bit of sense...I just don't like thinking Toney Douglas is going to be unfairly buried AGAIN this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
K-Black.....there u go again taking each of my sentences and words out of context.

Every NBA fan knew we needed to trade Eddy Curry for a replacement PG
I guess I shouldve been specific, every NBA Fan heard Donnie Walsh speech on lowering the Knicks salary cap through trades, plus knew Marbury was not the newly hired coach Dantoni type of PG.

Two years ago this time the majority of us on this board was looking at getting a future PG b/c Isiah & Marbury was out the door.
Alot of us were selecting PG-Westbrook over PG-Augustine weeks before the draft.

Donnie Walsh Knicks 2010 Plan
meant we were going to trade 4 expensive long contract players at certain positions to lower the salary cap: C-Curry, a PF-Zach, a SF-Jefferies, and a SG-Crawford.

It did not matter which of the 4 long contract players we traded, we was supposed to trade for a decent veteran PG or future PG in the 2008 offseason. Especially when we signed PG-Duhon.
Or did u forget our 6-man rotation for more than a half a season where Duhon averaged 39 mpg during the 2008-9 season.

Knicksin60 - my problem with Kiyaman is he comes on here spouting out the ass, presenting it as fact, and then when someone challenges all he has is some long scrolling diatribe filled with bolds italics bold italics and font color changes

Yeah, that's all true, half the time I miss all the threads challenging my opinion. I make mistakes, typo errors, and bad judgements, my shit stinks like the next man.

knicksin60

Starter
Yeah, that's all true, half the time I miss all the threads challenging my opinion. I make mistakes, typo errors, and bad judgements, my shit stinks like the next man.

Thanks for the response.Until I read what you posted, I thought my post was overlooked by the entire forum.It usually isn't a manly custom for guys to admit their failures or take advice from other people.You might be a person with flaws but at least you realize that you have limits and aren't walking around with your head above the clouds.I respect your honesty and the fact that you continue to post here even though you have a some people here who want to crucify you.

Last edited: