Disappointed Nowitzki may test market

dlee420

Banned
really?

Dirk? Oh no way... the last thing we need is to sign a proven LOSER to a max contract.. when will this trend end?

knicksin60

Starter
He has about 3 or 4 years left of good basketball in him and if he can't win a championship with the Mavericks he definitely won't win one with a team that has a worse roster like the Knicks.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Dirk? Oh no way... the last thing we need is to sign a proven LOSER to a max contract.. when will this trend end?

Proven loser? At least his teams win 50 games almost every year in the regular season. It's been a good decade since we've done that. But no way I'd want to give him a max contract, he's to old.

yeah dude has an mvp. a 20,000 pnt scorer, 50 wins a season over the past decade in the west, all nba teamer for almost a decade, was the only player who stepped up that whole series as if he was on the floor alone the whole time, and lost to the spurs who were clicking at all times which any team in the league can lose to the spurs if they are playing on the top of their game. Also lead his team to the finals only to lose to a stacked heat squad after going up 2 games to 0 and then wade went off.
I would have to say Dirk is a proven winner in my book.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
It's funny how knicks fans (beggars) are now so selective about how other teams all star players are not good enough (choosers) to play for the knicks. It is really getting old hearing oh this guy is too old or this guy is a choker. Earth to knick fans. Gallinari isn't Dirk Nowitzki. The only thing Tony Douglas and Tony parker will ever have in common is their first name. Wilson Chandler isn't Joe Johnson. If someone is willing to take Curry's contract get rid of it. We just can't sit back and let Walsh just put together the best team possible regardless of name and appreciate finally being relevant again. You just can't be so picky in trying to instill a culture of winning here in NY. Once you have built that type of credential and have turned the team into a winning organization then you can tweak and pick and choose because younger players who will be free agents down the road will be lining up to come to NY. But up until then we need to get proven winners.

Err. Dirk will begin to decline VERY soon.. Now if you're willing to OVERPAY him with MAX money then go right on ahead. That'll be just continuing the long stretch of bad management we've had for awhile now. I'd take Dirk at a resonable price for sure.. But by no means do you build around someone who's prime is near its end. NEVER!

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Err. Dirk will begin to decline VERY soon.. Now if you're willing to OVERPAY him with MAX money then go right on ahead. That'll be just continuing the long stretch of bad management we've had for awhile now. I'd take Dirk at a resonable price for sure.. But by no means do you build around someone who's prime is near its end. NEVER!

You know we all talk about a "reasonable price" but never do we talk about "number of years"....WHY???

I personally don't see Dirk declining "very soon". He is a finesse player. He has never really had any major injury problems. I think he has at least 3-5 peak years left. If he was the bruising physical type of player then maybe he would decline quicker. He is 31 And I am definitely not opposed to a 3 year deal. Duncan had one of his most efficient seasons yet and he's 33.

True.. But big men normally do break down quicker. Also Dirk plays almost year round playing for his country in the summers. He has alot of mileage on him. I could be wrong, BUT I'd put good money on dirk only having about 3 good years left.

I rather take Dirk at his age than Joe Johnson.

:agreed: 100% If J.Johnson is worth max $$$ than why wouldn't Dirk be? Right?

by the way J.Johnson looks like shit against the freeking Bucks for Christ's sake , at least you could say about Dirk in this years playoffs is that a very good and clicking Spurs team beat them not a crap team that has their best player out (Bogut). Dirk also led his team while Joe just kinda blends in, ya know what I mean?

I still dont get why we wouldnt want Dirk
every one calls him a loser
I dont understand

not every elite level 1st nba team type player wins a title

If Dirk is a loser

then Lebron James is a loser as well

both have been to the finals once

both have League MVPs under their belt

And neither one of them have a title.

You are telling me

K malone
Barkley
Stockton
Reggie Miller
Ewing
D robinson until Duncan arrived

werent worth max money because they didnt win titles

youre out of it

Teams win titles not superstars

Superstars provide regular season wins, and close out close games

but Teams win titles

IF we got Dirk for next year to give us a star to work with and win with

and Then Got Carmelo in 2011-12

I would give both of them max contracts knowing with chandler, gallo, douglas and who ever else we have a championship level squad in the next 2 years

Douglas 3 yrs exp
chandler 5 yrs exp
Melo Elite Super Star
Gallo 4 yrs ep
Dirk Veteran All star

how is that not a 60 win team.

I would def take DIrk in a heart beat.

ITs kind of funny lol

playing a season in 2k10 I simulated through this years season, and didnt sign any free agents but through management moves I cleared cap space lol
and then 2011-12 when i finally got to sign theplayers I wanted I ended up with that exact same line up lol

kinda funny I didnt even realize that until i read through my post.

iSaYughh

Starter
I only ink Dirk if were damn sure we are bringing along some help astat -- basically JJ and a trade for a pg/c with Curry & Co as assets and make a signing for a TyrysT type.

With dirks age i dont believe its prude to give it yet another year in the hopes of signing Melo especially with an illegitimate backcourt and no legit C.

pg collison-serg
sg joejohnson-Douglas
sf gallo-Chandler
pf Dirk-TyrusT

Be sick but will take a lot of work on Walsh part. The key is just Inking that first superstar tho...then it's more like dominos than chess.

Your lineup has a lotta talent, but Douglas and Chandler as our starting backcourt? And Dirk @ c?

If we have to wait another year to procure signing a C and a legit backcourt player Dirk is suddenly 34.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

I don't see how Dirk Nowitzki is a proven loser. He's a former MVP and a 2006 Western Conference champion. He's a type of player that can lead any team to 50+ wins.

I would be happy if Nowitzki came to the Knicks, although I know it isn't likely.

Nowitzki is a 7 footer. Players with his style of play and size can last until their mid-late 30s.

He's worth a max contract. He would do great with Lee and either Chandler or Harrington in the frontcourt.

This free agency should be more about becoming a playoff team than about being a championship team. The Knicks haven't been to the playoffs since 2004. Buying a championship seldom works. The Knicks should focus on improving their starting lineup and keeping their young core to either start or come off the bench(Walker, Lee, Chandler, Douglas).