Spike Lee says that a loss to the Celtics brings LeBron to New York

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
My thoughts exactly. I can't stand the people who promote the theory that Lebron is going to walk right after winning a title. It makes no sense, winning a title takes away the urgency he feels. Considering Cleveland is full of aging ex-stars and role players, Lebron must feel this is his last chance for several years with Cleveland. If he loses to the Celts then he will feel dejected and conclude he can't get it done with the current roster. That will open his eyes to the possibility of playing for a real coach, real young core and a FA of his choosing with more money to come next year.

Go Celtics!

nyk_nyk

All Star
My thoughts exactly. I can't stand the people who promote the theory that Lebron is going to walk right after winning a title. It makes no sense, winning a title takes away the urgency he feels. Considering Cleveland is full of aging ex-stars and role players, Lebron must feel this is his last chance for several years with Cleveland. If he loses to the Celts then he will feel dejected and conclude he can't get it done with the current roster. That will open his eyes to the possibility of playing for a real coach, real young core and a FA of his choosing with more money to come next year.

Go Celtics!

Ok you had me until the "real coach" part.

Are you talking about Greg Pop, Phil Jack, Larry Brown, Stan Van, George Karl, Sloan?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Go Celtics!

BLASPHEMER!!!!!

Lebron isn't coming.... I know it!!! (no I don't) If he does I'll change my user name to Vagina Wart.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ok you had me until the "real coach" part.

Are you talking about Greg Pop, Phil Jack, Larry Brown, Stan Van, George Karl, Sloan?

It's been done to death...You can think a former coach of the year, two time Euro coach of the year and multiple Euro/Italian title winner can not coach all you want. I will go with the evidence and not the emotions. Nor will I have this debate again. If you want to pick up this debate respond to my lengthy points directed at Red which he could not answer...including the video and quotes I provided. Link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7849&page=4

:agreed:

If the Celtics win these next to games twice in a row, then LeBron is as good as gone. Hes going to be PISSED because this is the best chance they have had in years to win it all and they didnt. LeBron will be so pissed he migjht up and come out and say "**** this im going to New York!".

Which would be awesome and since the knicks are getting LBJ, then maybe we can start building a team around him, Drafting a center and a PG, resigning David Lee, and making a few other moves.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's been done to death...You can think a former coach of the year, two time Euro coach of the year and multiple Euro/Italian title winner can not coach all you want. I will go with the evidence and not the emotions. Nor will I have this debate again. If you want to pick up this debate respond to my lengthy points directed at Red which he could not answer...including the video and quotes I provided. Link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7849&page=4

Dude all wanted to know is if you were referring to Dant as a "real coach" compared to Mike Brown.

Oh and winning coaching awards in Europe holds very little weight when compared to the NBA. All i'm saying is save the "real coach" talk because at this point Dant is no better than Mike Brown.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dude all wanted to know is if you were referring to Dant as a "real coach" compared to Mike Brown.

Oh and winning coaching awards in Europe holds very little weight when compared to the NBA. All i'm saying is save the "real coach" talk because at this point Dant is no better than Mike Brown.

He is a far superior coach to Brown and that was my point. Every knows it except for a few dejected Knick fans.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Spike copied a Hobo

I said this before the playoffs even started.... the earlier the better for Bron's exit. I know its hard pulling for the Celtics but look at it as... Ur worst enemy wins and u get a Maserati.

I work in Time Square and I want to see this......

lebron100517_1_560.jpg

EVERYDAY!!

nyk_nyk

All Star
He is a far superior coach to Brown and that was my point. Every knows it except for a few dejected Knick fans.

I wouldn't call him far superior. Either way its a matter of opinion.

Dant's had more opportunities thus more chances at awards. Still that doesn't make him "far superior".

I doubt Dantoni would have won more games with CLE than Brown did. There were plenty of games where that team had to shut opposing teams down (defensively) in the 4th quarter just to get a win. Not Dant's cup of tea.

Anyway, I'm really not trying to debate Dant. Once again, I just disagree with your "superior coach" comment and the reasons you give for it (Euro Awards).

nyk_nyk

All Star
I've been rooting for BOS or ORL since day 1. An early exit for Lebron and he seriously considers jumping ship. Honestly, that would make things easier for him. Winning it all basically tells Lebron to keep going until it doesn't work anymore.

Lets go Boston! (and Nate!)

iSaYughh

Starter
Re: d'ants euro awards; I believe their relevancy to the d'ant saga is that several were for superlative --defensive-- accolades.

Also, it kills me when people are so negative on The King coming. It's like the same people who are betting against the shooter in craps, or jinxing out a prized stallion during it's final lap.

Most relevant reasons for Bron's decision most logically point at him coming to us, if he signs:

He will have a much better team. CLE roster is gimp.
He will have a far younger team. CLE best players are the oldest.
He'll make much more money. Much. Much. More money.
He'll be become more famous and more of a true Sports Deity.

He has given CLE 7 yrs of unparalleled excellence and effort. No shame.
He'll be leaving a team that has and will continue to perpetually fail against the big dogs of the league.

--a team who is at least 2yrs away from even having a shot at approaching to bring aboard the level of player WE are readily positioned to bring aboard for Lebron--

The proof will be in the pudding but the pudding is all ours right now.

If he wins a title I'd still say its 40-60 him coming but that's more of a reach assertion; I like cinch bets, so let's have Bostom Scum surge us into the NBA's greatest dynasty in a delicious twist of irony, and bounce the Cavs now.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
i think he will jump ship if they lose early. We are truly seeing how bad the Cavs are without a healthy Lebron. Can barely beat an aging slow Celtics team. Pierce has been god awful this series.

Rondo is the only player really doing anything for the Celtics.

clumsy

Rotation player
Mike Bronw is also a bad in game coach too. Why don't they go small and out run this Celtics team. this old ass Celtics team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Re: d'ants euro awards; I believe their relevancy to the d'ant saga is that several were for superlative --defensive-- accolades.

Also, it kills me when people are so negative on The King coming. It's like the same people who are betting against the shooter in craps, or jinxing out a prized stallion during it's final lap.

Most relevant reasons for Bron's decision most logically point at him coming to us, if he signs:

He will have a much better team. CLE roster is gimp. (this is not necessarily true)
He will have a far younger team. CLE best players are the oldest. (Fact)
He'll make much more money. Much. Much. More money. (Fact)
He'll be become more famous and more of a true Sports Deity. (Fact)

He has given CLE 7 yrs of unparalleled excellence and effort. No shame.
He'll be leaving a team that has and will continue to perpetually fail against the big dogs of the league. (This may also be true, but that doesn't mean that we will do the opposite) The only real pieces we have right now are Gallo (suspect) Chandler (ceiling?) and TD (expendable?)

--a team who is at least 2yrs away from even having a shot at approaching to bring aboard the level of player WE are readily positioned to bring aboard for Lebron--

The proof will be in the pudding but the pudding is all ours right now. (?) lol

If he wins a title I'd still say its 40-60 him coming but that's more of a reach assertion; I like cinch bets, so let's have Bostom Scum surge us into the NBA's greatest dynasty in a delicious twist of irony, and bounce the Cavs now.

I guess some people don't want to get all excited about something that may not happen. I mean its not like we're a team on the rise and adding LJ would put us over the top. Even if we get him there still needs to be major work done to build a complete team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Mike Bronw is also a bad in game coach too. Why don't they go small and out run this Celtics team. this old ass Celtics team.

Actually, they tried to. Thats why Shaq left the game in the beginning of the 4th and did not return. Rondo just had the game of his life and defensively BOS was on point.

This is why defense is so important. The Celts may be old but as long as they have the ability to clamp down on defense, they always give themselves a chance to win. Similar to the old Spurs teams.

iSaYughh

Starter
I guess some people don't want to get all excited about something that may not happen. I mean its not like we're a team on the rise and adding LJ would put us over the top. Even if we get him there still needs to be major work done to build a complete team.

Considering how well the Cavs have contended, im not sure we need that much mode work to win if Lebron comes. Joint signing of him and then Bosh (even Lee). And even if we don't flip Curry for more immediate-help, which is a very fair pt, considering we offer ourselves and Lebron further opportunity in but one season, i think we handily beat the Cavs in terms of desirability for who could win titles now and going forward.

Its not necessarily true, but what is until it actually happens. It's just probabilities. My position is that the probabilities are in our favor. I guess I'm treating unknowns as facts -- eg Bosh-- but if we sign Bron they seem probable enough to the pt where i feel comfortable treating them as virtual fact.

I can understand your point tho about some not wanting to get too excited about what-ifs and maybes and shit.

My professional background is probabilities and taking on risk and leaps of faith based on conjecture, so I can't help sometimes but prematurely ejac when thinking of all our possibilities, several of which I think are pretty probable.

Douglas
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh
Barron

Walker, Chandler, Serg, Curry as bench/assets.

Strong bench, big asset in Curry, possibly the best PF in the game going forward, certainly a top allstar in the present. And Gallo and Douglas' Defense and Range to spread the floor would fit perfectly with Lebron.

Putting aside the deals we --could-- make with those assets (Deandre Jordan, Curry+Collison, eg)....Wouldn't you say that that roster alone is far more desirable for Lebron than a 2011 Cavs? And then 2012, 2013 etc..Then take into the account $, and fame factors.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A

Whoa, whoa... don't get besides yourself young man.

I've done my research on D'Antoni just as I assume you have.

I have found multiple quotes from players who have echoed what I and others have been saying. Although you can't admit it- and u tried to put your interpretation on it and not take it for what it was worth.

I have aslo read MANY articles that have been stating the same. In fact I found the one which your little quote from "the Great Jared Jeffries"lol and found it convenient you omitted the part that actually echoes what I said. to no surprise.

But enough of that... the truth is (AND MANY EXPERTS HAVE ALREADY PUBLISHED THIS) that he's not a teacher and he's stubborn. His best quality is making mediocre players better not teaching/molding youngsters and he's middle of the road on D.

I lost my original response and said f it until I get time on a cpu.

That said... I had the same feeling when I read that reason in NYmag. I would ask about the Spurs series but I assume you will give us more excuses and spin doctoring. O'well time will tell. You seem to read the NYK fan forum... did you see the thread called "D'Antoni is no Alvin Gentry"?

Enough complaining though... I want wins! I also thought... maybe D'ant now is like his career... he's caught up in Euro ball and just can't cut it in the NBA- just maybe. But he was the best in Italy. Lol

XH20X

Rookie
This debate is getting old. Let's assume the Cavs do lose, why would Lebron come to NY when there are plenty of other attractive places to play? Is he playing for money? possibly not since he can get anything he wants. So, the other possibility is winning a championship. The Knicks, out of all the teams that have cap room have the least chance or possibility of winning a championship. Lebron can go to Chicago or team up with Wade in Miami or go across the hudson to NJ. I hate to be skeptical but I can't see Lebron coming to NY because the Knicks organization is such a mess.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This debate is getting old. Let's assume the Cavs do lose, why would Lebron come to NY when there are plenty of other attractive places to play? Is he playing for money? possibly not since he can get anything he wants. So, the other possibility is winning a championship. The Knicks, out of all the teams that have cap room have the least chance or possibility of winning a championship. Lebron can go to Chicago or team up with Wade in Miami or go across the hudson to NJ. I hate to be skeptical but I can't see Lebron coming to NY because the Knicks organization is such a mess.

From a basic competitive standpoint, this is all true. However, it is assumed that no matter where LJ goes the team will get better. With that said, out of all the teams you mentioned, LJ would reap more benefits winning in NY than any of those other cities.

For better or worse, NY is the media capital and most famous city in America.