McGrady and Swift

commonse

Benchwarmer
kevin said:
Mcgrady said hes interested in the Lakers and the Spurs for next season. I forget where the article was, but he didnt mention anything about the knicks.

This is false... McGrady said he is not gonna go to teams like Lakers or Spurs where the team is ready. and he doesnt want to be in a team where the things are in the beginning..

kevin

Benchwarmer
This is false... McGrady said he is not gonna go to teams like Lakers or Spurs where the team is ready. and he doesnt want to be in a team where the things are in the beginning..

Having already endured a dreadful 21-61 season, McGrady said he has no desire to go through a long-term rebuilding process or witness the growing pains of a kid making the leap from the preps to the pros. McGrady can opt out of his contract following next season and says that he will have an answer about his future in Orlando for the Magic by July.

McGrady said he's "90% sure what he's going to do," adding that there are two teams - the Los Angeles Lakers and the San Antonio Spurs - that he would like to play for if he decides to leave Orlando. He stressed that the deciding factor will be the Magic's ability to significantly upgrade the roster this summer via trades, free agency and the draft.

"The dilemma for the franchise is, 'Do you want to try and win now or wait two or three years for a guy to develop?' " McGrady said. "I'm just saying, I'm not trying to wait that long to win. I was in that situation last year, and I just can't see going another couple of years losing and waiting on players to develop. ... I just think that it would be best to go get a guy ready to fill a role and contribute right away."

Read the whole article at NBA.com.

Man...

kevin

Benchwarmer
I think the best chances this offseason are Shareef, Dampier and someone along the lines of Bender, because Isiah is into young players.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I'd love Bender here. He reminds me of Garnett. He's a versatille seven-footer. He can play defense and post up. I'd take him. But if we get him Tim Thomas has to go.