Nets New Owner Predicts Championship in 5 years!

iSaYughh

Starter
Eh. Sensatinalist in nature, but...

Doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

They have mad cap to ink a stud or two this year or next.

And they arguably have the most prized C in the league. Combined with an all-star-like PG, an emerging Terrence Williams, and the potential of Yi (IMO undervalued on here)...

Devin Harris
Joe Johnson
Carmelo
Yi
Lopez
6th Terrence Williams

Depending on just how refined Lopez can be in his dominance, that's a filthy team if healthy. And I'm sure they could work a way to get a solid PF who plays D if Yi doesn't develop.

Nets are prtty stacked for future IMO. Even after getting royally shafted on W
all. Even with that, if they were contending in ~3yrs it wouldnt surprise
me.

And the way we are shaping up I really see Carmelo going there. Be sick.

Scribbles

Rotation player
He pulled a Rex Ryan. I like this guy...

Except he said he was gonna turn Knicks fans into Nets fans. LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
Eh. Sensatinalist in nature, but...

Doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

They have mad cap to ink a stud or two this year or next.

And they arguably have the most prized C in the league. Combined with an all-star-like PG, an emerging Terrence Williams, and the potential of Yi (IMO undervalued on here)...

Devin Harris
Joe Johnson
Carmelo
Yi
Lopez
6th Terrence Williams

Depending on just how refined Lopez can be in his dominance, that's a filthy team if healthy. And I'm sure they could work a way to get a solid PF who plays D if Yi doesn't develop.

Nets are prtty stacked for future IMO. Even after getting royally shafted on W
all. Even with that, if they were contending in ~3yrs it wouldnt surprise
me.

And the way we are shaping up I really see Carmelo going there. Be sick.

When it comes to Nets President Rod Thorn u cant blink your eye, he always got something up his sleeve.
The Nets 2010 Plan to bidd in the biggest FA market worked well.
I am curious on who he signs for headcoach, my guess is Avery Johnson.
I believe he will draft "Favor" over Cousins.
He might sign Al Harrington at a cheap $5M to cover the 3 and 4 spot.
Plus sign Knicks fan-favorite David Lee or Nate Robinson to long contracts
for the Nets opener in Brooklyn in 2012-13.
Thorn is searching the FA market for a starting "PF & SF" to complete C-Lopez. While using C-Boone and SF-Yi as bench players.
Young Courtney Lee and Terrence Williams have the SG spot covered.

This Russian Nets owner may offer his players a private bonus to beat coach Dantoni every game next season. Its personal...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the dude has the right mentality and has said he's willing to do whatever it takes to build a winning team sounds to me like they got themselves the Steinbrenner of basketball loll will be interesting to see the cross town battles of Knics vs Nets NY,NY vs. Brooklyn NY im hype we just gotta build a winner

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
i hate nets as much as i hate the bulls .. now even worse that they going to be in bk .... i hated that stupid comment that stupid owner said about turning knicks fans into nets fans my ears lit up in flames

smokes

Huge Member
The only Knicks fans that would turn into Nets fans are fake ass Knicks fans. F*ck Brooklyn arena and f*ck Jay-Z if people are a true fans of the Knicks no way they would turn round and cheer for NJ. They all crying their asses off right now about dropping 2 spots in the draft :lol:

BTW I read the Nets coach ain't returning next year so they have a vacancy, I know Calipari has been really vocal about not going to Chicago, I wonder if he will consider the Nets job...

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks offseason vs Nets offseason =

The only Knicks fans that would turn into Nets fans are fake ass Knicks fans. F*ck Brooklyn arena and f*ck Jay-Z if people are a true fans of the Knicks no way they would turn round and cheer for NJ. They all crying their asses off right now about dropping 2 spots in the draft :lol:

BTW I read the Nets coach ain't returning next year so they have a vacancy, I know Calipari has been really vocal about not going to Chicago, I wonder if he will consider the Nets job...

My High School coach was a die hard Knick-Fan who preached every aspect of Red Holzman long rotation coaching, but he went to more ABA Nets uptempo Games at the Felt Forum than he did Knick games at MSG. Why?
For the same reason why the NBA expanded and accepted everyone of the ABA teams into the NBA (the excitement).

The Nets did not have a headcoach in their 12 win season, coach Kiki Vandeweigh was hired as the G.M. by President of operation Rod Thorn.
Nets History
Jason Kidd beef with headcoach Byron Scott got coach Scott fired for water-boy coach Frank, who knew diddle to nothing about headcoaching in the NBA, but went on a 18 game winning streak the day after headcoach Scott was fired. The Nets 6 year assistant coaches Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren left before that season to coach the Washington Wizards.
Another one year assistant coach (Mike Dantoni) having luck to get the interim coaching job with two leadership players on the team that the other players will "follow" at Guard/Foward (Kidd & K-Mart, Nash & Marion).

Being somewhat a knowledgable Basketball fan and a long time Die hard Knick-Fan, its hard to argue with my cross the river Nets-fans who had a 12 win season compared to our 29 win season when the outcome of both teams (2010-Plan) will be the record of the 2010-11 season.

Thorn vs Walsh = Thorn all day (Nets)
Coach ??? vs Coach Dantoni = Coach ??? (Nets)
Harris vs Douglas = Harris (Nets)
C.Lee vs Chandler = Chandler (Knicks)
Yi vs Gallo = Yi (Nets)
Favor vs ??? = Favor (Nets)
Lopez vs Curry = Lopez all day (Nets)

Do the math.....Nets have $28M to spend on FA vs
the Knicks $32M to spend on FA = (Knicks)

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks offseason vs Nets offseason =

My High School coach was a die hard Knick-Fan who preached every aspect of Red Holzman long rotation coaching, but he went to more ABA Nets uptempo Games at the Felt Forum than he did Knick games at MSG. Why?
For the same reason why the NBA expanded and accepted everyone of the ABA teams into the NBA (the excitement).

The Nets did not have a headcoach in their 12 win season, coach Kiki Vandeweigh was hired as the G.M. by President of operation Rod Thorn.
Nets History
Jason Kidd beef with headcoach Byron Scott got coach Scott fired for water-boy coach Frank, who knew diddle to nothing about headcoaching in the NBA, but went on a 18 game winning streak the day after headcoach Scott was fired. The Nets 6 year assistant coaches Eddie Jordan & Mike O'Koren left before that season to coach the Washington Wizards.
Another one year assistant coach (Mike Dantoni) having luck to get the interim coaching job with two leadership players on the team that the other players will "follow" at Guard/Foward (Kidd & K-Mart, Nash & Marion).

Being somewhat a knowledgable Basketball fan and a long time Die hard Knick-Fan, its hard to argue with my cross the river Nets-fans who had a 12 win season compared to our 29 win season when the outcome of both teams (2010-Plan) will be the record of the 2010-11 season.

Yi vs Gallo = Yi (Nets)

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer

Nets History

Yi vs Gallo = Yi (Nets)

Really? Mark down my words Gallo WILL be an All-Star next year, with or without LeBron.

iSaYughh

Starter
Yi vs Gallo = Yi (Nets)

Wow. Your hatred of the Knicks runs deep.

-Any- coach > D'antoni? :teeth:

Yi > Gallo? :barf:

Favor > ANYONE we bring in thanks to Walsh' master(piece) plan? :alert:

And you rate a middling sf with a weak shot, a lack of heart to drive, with zero ball handling skills to man sg > CLee? :smokin: you and Wilson both, man.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer

Nets History

Yi vs Gallo = Yi (Nets)

1156.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Nets' 70 loss season is very deceiving. The team was plagued with injuries and had come off of trading their leading scorer(Vince Carter).

They have Brook Lopez(top 5 NBA center), Devin Harris(an All Star), a solid bench(Terrence Williams, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Jarvis Hayes, Courtney Lee), and the 3rd pick in the 2010 draft.

If they draft the best available shooting guard or power forward, at #3, and they sign a good free agent, they could definitely make the playoffs next season. And, if they sign or draft someone else in 2011, they could very easily become contenders. If they somehow get Lebron James(unlikely, but could happen) they'll be instant contenders.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Nets' 70 loss season is very deceiving. The team was plagued with injuries and had come off of trading their leading scorer(Vince Carter).

They have Brook Lopez(top 5 NBA center), Devin Harris(an All Star), a solid bench(Terrence Williams, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Jarvis Hayes, Courtney Lee), and the 3rd pick in the 2010 draft.

If they draft the best available shooting guard or power forward, at #3, and they sign a good free agent, they could definitely make the playoffs next season. And, if they sign or draft someone else in 2011, they could very easily become contenders. If they somehow get Lebron James(unlikely, but could happen) they'll be instant contenders.

abcd..... allot of us act blind. the Nets could take care of their two weak areas PF/SF/backup PG through draft and FA wid $27M to spend.
Remember I wanted SG-Terrence Williams out of last year draft, the Nets are safe with him/C.Lee at the SG spot the next 2 to 3 seasons.

My Knicks have a backup PG Douglas, decent at the SF Chandler/Gallo.
We are 0 weak at SG, 0 weak at PF/Center.
WTF! WTF! there is nothing good about the Knicks situation in May 2010.
We got draft picks 38th n 39th, wid $34M to spend in the FA market to improve our weak situation.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

I don't see Calipari taking the Nets job especially looking at how he did as the Nets' coach the last time he was there

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
:2cents:Can someone show me Yi on defense or taking his man off the dribble. He is a good shooter with no toughness . Gallo started to show improvements during the season so I would have to go with him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont worry - Be happy

yeah man, that is waay out of order....yi hasnt played an inury free season yet

u put the best arguement to defend a Gallo vs Yi

The first 51 games of this season Gallo lived on the 3-point line for 34 mpg doing nothing to help on defense or offense.
During those 51 games practically every Knick-fan in this forum/other forums kept writing after each game "why they dont pass Gallo the ball?".
It was not hard to figure out after 51 games Gallo's teammates felt he did nothing to deserve the ball. Only a blinded Gallo-Fan didnt notice 10 fga in 34 minutes in 51 games with a 42 fg%.
Yi stats are practically the same at 30 mpg, 12-7, Yi was forced to perform at the PF position all season, while Gallo performed at the SF position all season.

After Jefferies and Hughes were traded, we seen Gallo use all of Jefferies defensive moves/setting-up on defense in the same position Jefferies did.
Everyone gave Gallo big props at that time b/c before the deadline trade Gallo was asleep/noneffective for 34 minutes in 51 games to the point of Post being put up in every Knick forum of "Gallo being a BUST" in December/January.
Members need to stop acting like they forgot.

Al Harrington and Gallo's best games this season was when we added C-Barron to the rotation pushing David Lee to perform at the PF position (40 mpg), and Harrington and Gallo to perform at their natural position SF (Harrington and Gallo are BUMS at the PF position).

Starks

Starter
Did any of you watch the 60 minutes profile on Prokohovv? (I'll just call him Niko)

In 5 years, you need to think outside the box of comparing this Knick team to whatever team he fields in 5 years. Most of the players and coaches you guys are comparing are not germaine to the argument since in 5 years time, both teams will look totally different.

I don't think people realize the type of assets this guy has. We have a cutthroat business man who is hell bent on making the Nets a global franchise. Niko has more money and more balls than Mark Cuban and he has a KGB/Russian Mob sense of taking whatever he wants.

I suggest everyone watch the 60 minutes piece on him before doubting this man.

I wish he were running this franchise because if the Knicks do not get LeBron, I can say it with fair certainty that he will turn that franchise to the hottest enterprise in NYC second only to the Yankees.

At least read this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100521&sportCat=nba