Chandler busted with weed

pat

Starter
Kiya already said it was stupid of him to get caught. And now you all saying he has to admit he was stupid to get caught. Way to read posts guys :lol:

But what's the bloody point of having a stupid player on your team who lacks on court aggressiveness as well? I just can't see why he is defending him. I can see Chandler's potential as well, but he will never reach his ceiling because of mentality problems.

Obviously Kiya has got a different opinion, but I is just driving me nuts that he tries to blame EVERYTHING on coach and management, even in a thread called "Chandler busted with weed" Why? If Chandler were as aggressive as Wade on court, I would be down with him smoking dog shit. However...
... he isn't.

Paul1355

All Star
Wilson Chandler is one of the 4 players we have under contract right now, at a petty salary of $2M per, being the best athletic offense/defense contract player on the roster....this weed incident will make Wilson Chandler work hard this summer at improving in so many areas of his talent in his final contract season with the Knicks.
Wilson Chandler was "NBA-Ready" in his rookie season to receive 24 minutes per game. How many rookies have that capability each season?
Good point that Chandler should be more aggressive to improve himself with his performance.

BUT he is still the dumbest player on this team in years.

He always mumbles and looks like he is high.

clumsy

Rotation player
Not a big deal. I bet most Pro Athletes smoke weed. It's either that or painkillers. Some people don't like chemicals and would rather smoke bud, some people would rather take pharmeceuticals...Same ish different day. So all the anti smoking people can get off the high horse.

But yah Chandler is an idiot. Put your herb in a jar.....don't keep joints in your cupholders. Keep it in an empty pack of cigarettes.....stupid. No excuse for an adult to get caught driving with smoke on them. You can get pulled over with herb in the vehicle but if are smart it will never get to that point where you are out the car and they are doing a full search.

smokes

Huge Member
The only thing that bothers me about this story is the way you could potentially attribute his lack of aggression on the court to the side-effects of smoking weed.

His lack of aggression is the main thing that bothers me about his game, my view on Chandler is still work in progress, if he went back to that 2008-09 style when he was dunking on KG/Perkins/Scola like a beast then it would be great, but he went really soft in 2009-10.

However we don't know if this is a regular thing for Wilson or if it's just due to him coming off the surgery etc.

richtree

Rotation player
The guy isn't smart enough to smoke his herb indoors and have one of his lesser buddies handle the goods.....that being said it shows is introverted on the court behavior is due to lack of good-conscious decision making.

This is not a guy I want on the floor in big games. He is not a good player.

He is a backup role player similar to Ryan Mathews or Shannon Brown.