Knicks on Bosh's wishlist and he could follow the King

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we the only team that is far enough under the cap to sign 2 max free agrents? Wouldn't New York be the only place that Bron and Bosh could play together then?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we the only team that is far enough under the cap to sign 2 max free agrents? Wouldn't New York be the only place that Bron and Bosh could play together then?

That's what I was thinking too. But the article talks about sign and trades. I suppose Chicago could sign Lebron and then trade Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng for Bosh.

knicksin60

Starter
That's what I was thinking too. But the article talks about sign and trades. I suppose Chicago could sign Lebron and then trade Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng for Bosh.

Wouldn't the Bulls' owner have to pay a lot of luxury tax if he added Lebron and Bosh to his team?

knicksin60

Starter
If they did a sign and trade for bosh the salaries would more or less have to match up so it wouldn't have that large of an affect on the amount of luxury tax they pay.

What happens when the Bulls have to offer Rose and Noah max contracts to stay in Chicago? Wouldn't that be a problem for them?

Ya, they would be able to sign them, but then you would be talking about a situation in which they would have to pay the luxury tax or sign and trade them.

Paul1355

All Star
No basically the Heat and Bulls have enough trade scenerios where they ca land Lebron and then trade Luol Deng, Hinrich(Chicago) or the Heat could trade guys like Beasly, there are many options but basically Lebron can have a good cast of players if he goes to the Bulls or Chicago....BUT people still underestimate the flexibility of the Knicks.

Knicks do have the most cap room but the only good sign and trade chip is David Lee with a package of Chandler.

New New York

Quiet Storm
No basically the Heat and Bulls have enough trade scenerios where they ca land Lebron and then trade Luol Deng, Hinrich(Chicago) or the Heat could trade guys like Beasly, there are many options but basically Lebron can have a good cast of players if he goes to the Bulls or Chicago....BUT people still underestimate the flexibility of the Knicks.

Knicks do have the most cap room but the only good sign and trade chip is David Lee with a package of Chandler.

Lee and Chandler in my opinion are better than anything Mia can or Chicago is willing to offer for Bosh. In theory Chicago could include a player like Noah to a package for Bosh, but is that too much?

Forget about Beasley.

I think our biggest asset in a sign and trade is David Lee and I really don't think Chandler would have to be included. Although if we did include Wilson it would shave 2 million more off the payroll.

Cap comes in at 56 giving The Knicks 39 million to spend, sign and trade Lee and Wilson for Bosh leaves us with 24 million to spend which is enough to sign a max plus have 8 million to do a couple of things. Either spend 3 million to bring back Sergio and Walker and sign a player like Blake for 5 million, fill the roster with league minimum players.

Blake/Sergio/House
Walker/Douglas/House
Lebron/Tim Thomas(just an example)
Gallo/Sean Williams
Bosh/Barron/Curry

or give 4 million to Toney Allen, 3 million to Earl Watson and the rest to sign Walker, and then fill out with league min players

Douglas/Watson (or vise versa)/Marcus Williams
T. Allen/Walker/House
Lebron/Tim Thomas/Walker
Gallo/Jermaine Oneil
Bosh/Barron/Curry

Point being if we traded Wilson and Lee for Bosh it would be a win win.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Lee and Chandler in my opinion are better than anything Mia can or Chicago is willing to offer for Bosh. In theory Chicago could include a player like Noah to a package for Bosh, but is that too much?

Forget about Beasley.

I think our biggest asset in a sign and trade is David Lee and I really don't think Chandler would have to be included. Although if we did include Wilson it would shave 2 million more off the payroll.

Cap comes in at 56 giving The Knicks 39 million to spend, sign and trade Lee and Wilson for Bosh leaves us with 24 million to spend which is enough to sign a max plus have 8 million to do a couple of things. Either spend 3 million to bring back Sergio and Walker and sign a player like Blake for 5 million, fill the roster with league minimum players.

Blake/Sergio/House
Walker/Douglas/House
Gallo/Sean Williams
Bosh/Barron/Curry

or give 4 million to Toney Allen, 3 million to Earl Watson and the rest to sign Walker, and then fill out with league min players

T. Allen/Walker/House
Lebron/Tim Thomas/Walker
Gallo/Jermaine Oneil
Bosh/Barron/Curry

I do agree that David Lee is the most valuable asset and if we could keep Chandler, it would be ideal. I think Toronto will be happy with Lee over Luol Dang.

New New York

Quiet Storm
also......I am so Happy That He has not listed The Nets as one of the teams

They are really becoming the most hated franchise in The League to me!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think we have a good package for Bosh in a sign and trade as well. I think Lee for Bosh is WAY better than anything the Bulls could come up with (Lee >>> Deng by far), and Miami doesn't really have much to offer in a sign and trade. If we assume we're willing to S&T Lee for Bosh then there's no doubt that we have the best package to offer (Toronto's going to want a pretty good PF and Lee is one of the best in the league). The question is whether Walsh wants Lee or Bosh...and who knows?

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
But why would Lee agree to a sign and trade with Toronto when he can just sign with the Nets?

Yeah, this is the biggest issue...Lee would have to accept the sign and trade to Toronto.
Why would he do that? He could just sign with NJ. Also he went to school in Florida, maybe he wants to go back and sign with Miami...What about Lee to Chicago, it fills their biggest need...
We have to remember, David Lee is a free agent, he can go where HE wants. The Knicks DO NOT control where he goes...

iSaYughh

Starter
Yeah, this is the biggest issue...Lee would have to accept the sign and trade to Toronto.
Why would he do that? He could just sign with NJ. Also he went to school in Florida, maybe he wants to go back and sign with Miami...What about Lee to Chicago, it fills their biggest need...
We have to remember, David Lee is a free agent, he can go where HE wants. The Knicks DO NOT control where he goes...

I wonder if CHI could go:

Rose
JJohnson
Deng
Lee
Noah
6th Heinrik

Dangerous.

But ya, as if it wasn't already obvious, Lebron and Bosh are joint signings when it comes to the Knicks.

The big question is for sure if Lee could go to Toronto in a s&t. Not outta the question. But damn CHI is looking likely.

Be so righteous to be able to ink TyrusT along with Bosh.

Paul1355

All Star

Forget about Beasley.

Blake/Sergio/House
Walker/Douglas/House
Gallo/Sean Williams
Bosh/Barron/Curry

T. Allen/Walker/House
Lebron/Tim Thomas/Walker
Gallo/Jermaine Oneil
Bosh/Barron/Curry

You do have a point there....You are convincing me that the Knicks are actually in a really good spot. Better than Chicago, then why is everyone sucking off Chiacgo as if they will 100% get Lebron?

Problem is that we dont know what Bosh will do until we know lebron's intentions.

I think that Bosh wants to be the #1 guy more than he wants to side with Lebron and that's why he's waiting for Lebron...... so he dosen't have to play second fiddle? (also don't think he'll go to Miami for the same reason) Just my thinking?

CoolGuyC

Rookie
I think that Bosh wants to be the #1 guy more than he wants to side with Lebron and that's why he's waiting for Lebron...... so he dosen't have to play second fiddle? (also don't think he'll go to Miami for the same reason) Just my thinking?

I don't think a team can win a championship with Bosh as the #1 guy. Guys like Bosh need to team with other stars to win championships. I think that Bosh realizes to win a ring he must play with a superstar like Lebron.

Suss

Rookie

Good point. Bosh is also a free agent. If he tells Toronto that he wants to go to Chicago it wouldn't matter if the Knicks can make them a better off. Its ultimately Bosh's decision where he goes.