What do you guys think of this?

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16106/sixers-shopping-no-2-pick

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

What do you guys think? Because we are under the cap we could trade Elton Brand and their number 2 pick for maybe Wilson Chandler without having to worry about cap. The Sixers get out of Brands horrible contract and get a solid player like Chandler, we get Evan Turner.

Do you think it's worth sacrificing one max guy for Evan Turner?

Thoughts?

Paul1355

All Star
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16106/sixers-shopping-no-2-pick

A number of teams have already looked into the availability of the Philadelphia 76ers' No. 2 pick in the June 24 draft.

The asking price? Several sources said they were told that the Sixers want their trade partner to take Elton Brand off their hands. Good luck with that. With Brand set to earn $51 million over the course of the next three years, he's virtually impossible to trade.

As much as teams like the Minnesota Timberwolves, for instance, love Evan Turner, I don't think they love him that much.

What do you guys think? Because we are under the cap we could trade Elton Brand and their number 2 pick for maybe Wilson Chandler without having to worry about cap. The Sixers get out of Brands horrible contract and get a solid player like Chandler, we get Evan Turner.

Thoughts?
So we trade Chandler...a very young SF who can play good on both end of the floor for a top pick and a bloated wasted contract in Elton Brand....

Bringing on Brand is too much of a risk. He will hurt this team tremendously financially and with his style of play.

Mike D can only succeed with a fast paced team
and Elton Brand killed that style of play when he came to the Sixers. The Sixers use to be one of the best fast paced teams in the NBA and they would out hustle the Knicks constantly, once Brand came they were forced to go half-court.

Brand would only work on a team that is desperate and plays a half court system. The Knicks don't

And he would kill any chance of drawing a free agent if we can only sign one due to the fact that Elton Brand is getting paid huge bucks.

I admit I would love to get Evan Turner, this guy is a phenom Kobe type waiting to explode, but you can't kill your future financially for a draft pick unless it's a sure bet like John Wall.

The Knicks are not the right team for this.

Name a team with cap space, plays half court style, and needs a PF...then you have a suitor.

I'm sure someone will make this move.

iSaYughh

Starter

Absolutely not. It would be a debacle, especially, but not solely, because it would rape our abilities to ensnare The King.

And to also add to the equation a supremely bloated -3- yr contract.

No way. Interesting thought, but it would be a debacle and a bad one IMO.

WEll in truth the sixers killed their fast break by letting andre miller walk. He had that team on his shoulders every year, he leaves they fail.

So we trade Chandler...a very young SF who can play good on both end of the floor for a top pick and a bloated wasted contract in Elton Brand....

Bringing on Brand is too much of a risk. He will hurt this team tremendously financially and with his style of play.

Mike D can only succeed with a fast paced team
and Elton Brand killed that style of play when he came to the Sixers. The Sixers use to be one of the best fast paced teams in the NBA and they would out hustle the Knicks constantly, once Brand came they were forced to go half-court.

Brand would only work on a team that is desperate and plays a half court system. The Knicks don't

And he would kill any chance of drawing a free agent if we can only sign one due to the fact that Elton Brand is getting paid huge bucks.

I admit I would love to get Evan Turner, this guy is a phenom Kobe type waiting to explode, but you can't kill your future financially for a draft pick unless it's a sure bet like John Wall.

The Knicks are not the right team for this.

Name a team with cap space, plays half court style, and needs a PF...then you have a suitor.

I'm sure someone will make this move.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Im pretty sure there is nothing to this rumor, the sixers would be idiots to trade the 2nd overall pick, just because of one bad contract. Evan Turner (or John Wall) will be top flight All Star player(s) in a short time... thats why I say the sixers are blowing smoke up somebody azz starting this rumor... With that being said... if it just so happened, to be true... I'd make that move in a heartbeat. Even with Brands bloated contract, the Knicks would still have room for a Max guy .. In my opinion, it will be worth it to have the opportunity to have a home grown superstar, which I believe Turner(or Wall) will be. Plus who knows, maybe Brand will rejuvinate himself over in NYC... (highly unlikely, but hey the deal is for the 2 pick)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
If Ernie Grunfield was high and pronounced the Wiz would take Turner with the 1st pick, I would have to give this idea some thought. But imo Turner is not good enough to be worth taking on Elton Brand. The guy is just washed up because of his injuries. Sort of like Jermaine O'Neal. Brand just isn't the same. And to make matters worse he would be awful for D'ants system.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Guys... D'antoni system is a losing system if an MVP Point Guard isn't running it... Its crazy how some of you guys refuse to see this as FACT

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And? How does getting Elton Brand help things at all? Regardless of what system he plays Brand is sluggish, slow, and washed up - it doesn't matter whose system we're running.

New New York

Quiet Storm
First off....there is no way Philly is that pressed to move Brand off the books that they would surrender a number 2 pick

Second.....Hell NO! The only way I would do this deal would be for Curry and Wilson ( who would only be added to minimize the cap hit) and still they would have to surrender the #2, I dont see that happenin! Plus like I said, Wilson would have be added to preserve cap and I dont like a trade when we trade away a young player like Wilson and take back an older player with 54 million owed

Plus the #2 pick in the draft will have a salary that affects the cap.

Brand possesses the worst contract in The NBA and not even offering The Number 2 pick is making a team flinch at taking it.

knicksin60

Starter
If it came down to trading Gallo for the Sixers' number 2 pick, I wouldn't hesitate on that move.Even though it seems unlikely that Washington will use its number 1 pick on Evan Turner, there is still a small chance that John Wall would be available to draft as the number 2 pick.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gosh, I'd trade Gallo for a 2nd overall pick EASILY.

But any team that would trade us a 2nd overall for Gallo would be pretty retarded.

smokes

Huge Member
Word Gallo for Evan Turner would be a steal and a half. We are gonna have the SF spot covered easily with Lebron (?), Chandler and Walker. Getting a stud SG would be great.

knicksin60

Starter
The thing I don't like about Turner is his inability to deal with criticism.He's talented and all, but if the guy gets offended after reading a couple comments written by strangers over the internet, imagine him playing in NY, where he would receive a thousand times the heat from the NY fans and media.

smokes

Huge Member
The thing I don't like about Turner is his inability to deal with criticism.He's talented and all, but if the guy gets offended after reading a couple comments written by strangers over the internet, imagine him playing in NY, where he would receive a thousand times the heat from the NY fans and media.

Well Jennings had similar traits and a big mouth but when he arrived in the NBA he seemed a lot more humble. Imagine if we had taken him sigh.