Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Jermaine O'Neal

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This year's playoffs featured a long list of choke artists.

Here are the All NBA Choke 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team.

All NBA Choke 1st team:
PG Jason Kidd-arguably the most overrated point guard in the NBA. He gets all this hype, but when it's time to put up or shut up, he shoots a woeful 30% from the field. I'm sure Mark Cuban wishes he would have kept Devin Harris.
SG Vince Carter aka V-insanity-First, he choked in the 2000 NBA playoffs. He got his ass handed to him by an injury prone, much less hyped Larry Johnson, near the end of his career. Then, he chokes against the 76ers, missing a potential series winning jump shot, in the 2001 playoffs. Then, he choked in the 2005 playoffs, shooting 36% for an entire series against the Heat. Then, he choked in the 2007 series against the Cavs, completely folding after an impressive win over his former team. Then, he choked in the 2010 playoffs, against the Bobcats, and missed two free throws in game 2 of the Magic-Celtics series.
SF Lechoke James- People are on his dick like he birthed them. He's not even all that. Deshawn Stevenson was right, when he said Brick James was overrated. People hype him up 20X more than Dwyane Wade, 10x more than Kobe Bryant, and he isn't even on the level of either of those guys. Lechoke could be argued to not even be as good as Carmelo Anthony. It is very questionable if James could have made the 2009 conference finals, in the West, like Anthony did.
PF Amare Stoudemire- Stoudemire is always talking s#!t. First, he says "Are you serious. Ask Bosh that question. No doubt about it, I'm better than Bosh."
Then, he talks about how he used to dominate Gasol in Memphis, but can't even get more than 4 rebounds a game, and is about to get swept.
C Jermaine O'Neal- Wow, did he choke. He had all that hype in Indiana, and he even had hype in Miami, but he proved to be a total bust. 4 points, 20% fg, 5.5 rebounds, lots of bricks and airballs, and zero heart.

All NBA Choke 2nd Team
PG-Mike Bibby
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Michael Beasley
PF-Rashard Lewis
C-Brendan Haywood

All NBA Choke 3rd Team
PG-Jamal Crawford
SG-Stephen Jackson
SF-Richard Jefferson
PF-Antawn Jamison
C-Channing Frye

Choke GM of the Year: Bryan Coangelo(signed Hedo Chokeaglu to a 5 year-53 million dollar contract)
Choke coach of the Year: Mike D'Antoni: 61-103(.372) coaching record with the Knicks.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Nice stuff. And Jermaine O'Neal was the choke artist no one is talking about. Yea we all know Lebuhon sucked in his last 2 games as a Cav, but damnnnn O'Neal was GOD AWFUL! And I think JJ was a bigger choke than Vinsanity. But not by much.

clumsy

Rotation player
Vince always sucks in Crunch Time.

But Rashard Lewis is in my opinion one of the worst contracts in the League now. He's like 6'8 6'9 ands gets no rebounds plays no defense.

Dude plays like he is 6 feet tall.

clumsy

Rotation player
Also i think the playoffs showed me something about Carmelo. He's not the greatest number 1 option. I think he is a great player, top 10 for sure....but he can't take over a game the same way as other star players.

smokes

Huge Member
Lebron may have choked pretty badly in this seasons playoffs, but there could be outside factors contributing to that. If you look at his playoff averages and the amount of times he's carried the whole Cavs team on his back to victory he isn't really a choke artist overall.

The rest of the entries are pretty much on point, Beasley especially is depressing, he choked pretty much the whole season long.

clumsy

Rotation player
I forgot about Dwight Howard getting called out in the Playoffs Severely.

I don't know how i feel about him anymore. He's a defensive beast, but he has no touch in the postgame. He's not an efficient scorer at all.......it is almost to the point where i really don't think he is a max contract kinda player.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I was wondering that if the Lebron's mother and the Delonte West rumours are true, then maybe Lebron choked because his mother choked.

On a dick.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I forgot about Dwight Howard getting called out in the Playoffs Severely.

I don't know how i feel about him anymore. He's a defensive beast, but he has no touch in the postgame. He's not an efficient scorer at all.......it is almost to the point where i really don't think he is a max contract kinda player.

Of course he is.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Also i think the playoffs showed me something about Carmelo. He's not the greatest number 1 option. I think he is a great player, top 10 for sure....but he can't take over a game the same way as other star players.

Carmelo scored 30.7 PPG in the playoffs on 46.4% shooting. If that's not worthy of being a #1 option, then I guess nobody is.

That being said I still think Joe Johnson is the biggest choker, now that I think about it. Rashard Lewis is a choker in light of his awful contract, but he's not really expected to be THAT good, I suppose.

Whereas Joe Johnson turned down a 15 mil/year extension trying to get a max contract and now he's probably going to end up getting no more than 13 mil/year. I mean the dude came up short in the playoffs BIG TIME.

Dwight Howard isn't really choking, I just think that his deficiencies on offense are becoming very apparent

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
It is not Rashard Lewis's fault that he is overpaid. He was near the decline of his career, and Otis Smith offered him an outlandish contract. Even if he had stayed in his prime, he was at best a 8-10 mil per year guy def not a 20-22 mill like he's getting paid now.

And Vinsanity always chokes, which is why I'm more surprised that JJ choked like he did. I know he's getting some heat in this forum, but in year's past he played like an all-star, not like some bitch.

And **** Michael Beasley. ****ing piece of shit has all the offensive talent in the world. He pisses me off.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Vinsanity is a perennial playoff choker. Oh, and Rashard Lewis isn't overpaid...but he definitely begs the question as to what the hell is going on in Orlando's ownership...I mean, first they S&T for Rashard Lewis at 20 million/year, then they match the deal for Marcin Gortat (even though he's a benchwarmer for them)...they're going to be in salary cap hell for a while

Pavvy

Rookie
Rashard Lewis is the biggest choke artist, he's getting paid like 1 million dollars this year per playoff point lol

i agree !! hes the #1 choker!! hes getting paid superstar money!! even more than dwight howard!!!!!!!!

but hes playin like shit this whole playoffs!!

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Joe Johnson is the biggest choker this year, no doubt...

Vince Carter should get some kind of lifetime achievement award or something...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hedo Chokeaglu is a choke artist, but I wanted to exclusively use players that were in this year's playoffs.

As much as people love Lechoke James, he's a choke artist. The media has just been covering up for him.

But I'm going to reveal a timeline of Brick James' long history of choking.

In the 2004-2005 regular season, James had a chance to get the Cavaliers to the playoffs, but he would end up shooting 12-35 from the field against the Pistons and would end up missing the playoffs.

In the 2007 NBA Finals, Brick James averaged 23 points on 35.5% fg, 25% 3 pt fg,
7 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers. The Cavs would get swept, as a result.

In the 2008 Playoffs, Brick James shot 19% from the field, in games one and two of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. As a result, the Cavs would lose games 1 and 2 to the Boston Celtics.

In the 2010 playoffs, after the Cavs had an impressive 29 point win over the Celtics, Lechoke bricked several shots in the last minutes of game 4 and went 3-14 in game 5 of the Cavs-Celtics series. He continued his choking ways, in games 6 and would once again fall out of the playoffs.

I agree, Lebron has been in the league 7 years, just because he hasn't won a championship doesn;t make him a choker. Those bad playoff games and series being referred to all came against GREAT defensive teams. Why not give credit where credit is due and say that the Celtics, Spurs and Pistons did a good job containing Lebron instead of labeling him as a choker less than halfway through his career.

To judge a player on whether he has won a championship or not is just plain ignorant. This list of great players without a ring is endless and it does not dictate whether you are a choker or not.

clumsy

Rotation player
James has 2 problems. His range is questionable on offense. That is a valid criticism. Matter a fact he reminds me of Rajon Rondo in this respect....can do everything, makes the team a lot better, but is a questionable play to make a big shot due to not having the greatest shot.

I think Lebron's biggest critisism is that his number 2 is Mo Williams. Who shot TERRIBLE in the playoffs.

I can't say he choked when everyone is trying to guard him and he really doesn't have any help.