Centers

kevin

Benchwarmer
The knicks have plenty of big men, too bad they arent half as good as other big men. I like how this team has become deeper in the front court but we have Naz mohammed (undersized) Othella Harrington (need I say more....) Kurt Thomas (plays only from perimeter) Baker (Old, but still has some skills) Dikembe Mutombo (ancient) and Mike Sweetney is really the only promising big man. We need to ship out most of these big men and acquire someone who can be or center for 7-10 years. We need someone young, talented, athletic and shows a lot of promise. My choice would be Erick Dampier. Ranked third in rebounds he would be the best pickup for this offseason. If we acquire a big man from the West imagine how dominate he would be in the east.

As for the guards were pretty set, if Houston is healthy and if Tim Thomas reaches his potential sometime soon.

What do you think

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
ive been calling for dampier since before the trade deadline. he is holding his own in the west and will dominate the east if we get him.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Dampier would work out great if the Knicks could land him. Problem is that we can only offer that 5 million mid-level salary, Dampier will get much better offers than that from other teams, hungry for a good center. He has the chance to make alot more money than before.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
How about Tyson Chandler? He's a dominant defender. He simply needs to bulk-up but he's a legitemate center.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I think the Knicks will make a move for Dampier, its a good fit for them out of very few choices out there. Okur may work out for the Knicks, the better the Pistons do in this series, the more likely R. Wallace will stay and take his spot. A move on the Knicks perimeter would also be wise.

6thman

Benchwarmer
What about this deal: Kurt thomas+ Othella Harrington+ Norris for Shareef-abdur-rahim????

I think it would be nice!!

e_D

Benchwarmer
I always liked Shareef.. I think he'd be a good addition, but he's gettin a little old isnt he?

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
e_D said:
I always liked Shareef.. I think he'd be a good addition, but he's gettin a little old isnt he?

Shareef needs to start. Coming off the bench is really bad for him, just look at him in ATL compared to Portland. There have been rumors about him going to the Nets, but he would do well as a Knick. Be reunited with some other former Hawks there.

No, he's not old. He's just 28.

kevin

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
hes good be i think dampier is better hes taller and hes more effective in the paint

I disagree Shareef has been averaging over 20 points career and 9 boards to go with it.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Shareef can play the 3 and 4... Dampier in the 5.. Then we can all get along!

Damn, I wish we had more cap flexibility..

jayp

Benchwarmer
dampier should be one of our top priorities.. he'll be a presence in the paint that we should have gotten from baker..

WiL8000

Rotation player
Please don't count Baker out yet. The guy hadn't played in months before joining the Knicks, and didn't have the time to gel, or the right amount of minutes in the playoffs. The Knicks seemed to want to get alot of minutes out of Nazr Mohammed, for some crazy reason, Wilkens would leave him in, even though he was getting dominated on.
Baker will make a bigger impact this next season. But the bottom line is the Knicks need a true center. Major moves, 3 or 4 way trades, package deals etc.. will have to be considered to make the kind of room the Knicks need for salary. Sweetney also must be utilized more at PF, I really like the way this guy plays.