Wade, Bron, and Bosh to have a sit down.

Red

TYPE-A
Source: Bosh to join in trio's talksESPN.com news servicesMay 27, 2010Comment on this story Facebook Twitter Dwyane Wade has a big decision to make on where he'll sign this offseason. And before he makes his choice, he said he'll talk it over with fellow big-ticket free agents LeBron James and Joe Johnson[quote/]I know it's far fethched but...

is it possible we could get all three?

Could they agree that one or more take a bit less?

I can dream can't I?

Is a coup in the making? Is their plan to combine and form a new big three? Your thoughts...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I highly doubt it but if they do it probably won't be NY since we don't hold any of their Bird rights. Lets just hope they don't join forces in Miami.

Red

TYPE-A
Why do we need bird rights if they're free agents?

NY is the only plausible destination. We just have one big issue...

Eddy Curry. If somehow Walsh can move him and get some (any) value, and one of them takes less (maybe Joe Johnson, maybe Bosh) is it even possible?

Look at what BOS did even though they had Pierce already. Is it even possible?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why do we need bird rights if they're free agents?

NY is the only plausible destination. We just have one big issue...

Eddy Curry. If somehow Walsh can move him and get some (any) value, and one of them takes less (maybe Joe Johnson, maybe Bosh) is it even possible?

Look at what BOS did even though they had Pierce already. Is it even possible?

Because we don't have the cap space to just sign them. We would need to orchestrate a S&T if we wanted go over the cap and nab all three.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I highly doubt it but if they do it probably won't be NY since we don't hold any of their Bird rights. Lets just hope they don't join forces in Miami.

Honestly I try to keep hope but MIA gets scarier every day to me. Getting Bron with $$$ left over makes me feel like Jeff Van Gundy here....

vangundy.jpg

SIDE NOTE:

stan-van-gundy-ron-jeremy.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt they are all talking about going to the same place although, if it were NY, I would probably cry. I could see D-Wade and Lebron sitting there fighting over Bosh telling him to go to either New York or Miami (assuming Lebron had already made up his mind on NY)though that would be a great scene.

Paul1355

All Star
Source: Bosh to join in trio's talksESPN.com news servicesMay 27, 2010Comment on this story Facebook Twitter Dwyane Wade has a big decision to make on where he'll sign this offseason. And before he makes his choice, he said he'll talk it over with fellow big-ticket free agents LeBron James and Joe Johnson[quote/]I know it's far fethched but...

is it possible we could get all three?

Could they agree that one or more take a bit less?

I can dream can't I?

Is a coup in the making? Is their plan to combine and form a new big three? Your thoughts...
I can't beleive ESPN had the nerve to say all of them would try to join up in Chicago....HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE BULLS TO GET EVEN TWO MAX GUYS ELT ALONE 3!

ESPN has to get off of Chicago's shlong and realize that only the Knicks and Nets hav teh ability to sign two guys, the Nets can with one trade.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
that's impossible if they join forces ....... but if that were ever to happen i wont watch an nba game cuz we already know they will win automatically ... i will move on to watch the WNBA :barf:

Hitman

Benchwarmer
ESPN is basically the National Enquirer of sports. They will report anything, from any source. They make up bogus "stories" that people eat up and then time after time, when the real news breaks, it is out of nowhere. They never see the real stuff coming.

Fact of the matter is, all of these guys have already talked about this shit. And continue to talk. If you think that LeBron does not communicate with people like Wade and Bosh on at least a weekly basis- especially now- you are incredibly naive. But ESPN creates this story out of thin air- painting a picture in the average readers mind that LeBron and Wade and Joe Johnson and Bosh have agreed to have a mob style sitdown in the back of Frankie & Johnnies.

Their "source" has reported that these guys will "sit down" and talk about free agency.

Their sources are total garbage, I guarantee it.

BTW, I 100% guarantee you that LeBron and Bosh come to New York.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I can't beleive ESPN had the nerve to say all of them would try to join up in Chicago....HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE BULLS TO GET EVEN TWO MAX GUYS ELT ALONE 3!

ESPN has to get off of Chicago's shlong and realize that only the Knicks and Nets hav teh ability to sign two guys, the Nets can with one trade.

HA! You said shlong... 80s.

But you're right........ Bulls are unlikely. Nets good chance. Miami, great chance for Bosh.

The Knicks are realistically in the worst predicament though. If we don't guarantee a second star (and no it won't be Lee) there'l be no King.

We have the worst roster out of the bidders right now.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I don't have a good feeling about this at all b/c I just don't get the impession that any of these players want to come to NY.Im afraid when its all said and done that NY will be the ones left out to dry by these players.We could end up with Joe Johnson

Wade=will stay in Miami
James=Miami,Chicago,Cleveland,Nets,Knicks
Bosh=Miami,Chicago,Cleveland,Knicks
Johnson=Knicks,Miami,Chicago

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
HA! You said shlong... 80s.

But you're right........ Bulls are unlikely. Nets good chance. Miami, great chance for Bosh.

The Knicks are realistically in the worst predicament though. If we don't guarantee a second star (and no it won't be Lee) there'l be no King.

We have the worst roster out of the bidders right now.

Yeah, but we also have the most upside to be gained. While the prospect of playing with Devin Harris and Brook Lopez is pretty good, we have MORE cap space. You have potential for some good teams if them FAs go to Miami or Chicago, but the Knicks have the potential to create the greatest backcourt of ALL TIME.

Chicago wouldn't be a good place for Wade or LeBron - they're both 1st options, Chicago already has their #1 option in Derrick Rose. They should be looking to add a good outside shooting big man to add some paint presence, hence they'll likely go after the Carlos Boozer/Chris Bosh/Amare, and that would be ideal for them.

The Nets have a good future but they're stuck in Newark for a couple of years, and I don't know if anybody wants to go there.

The Heat are pretty good but the city is overall disinterested in basketball - they have a top 5 NBA player playing there (who's won a championship for the city, might I add) and they still have trouble drawing a consistent crowd. There's not much of a supporting cast there, as Michael Beasley and Daequan Cook are...well, that's not really too good of a supporting cast.

The Knicks have a bleh supporting cast (I have to give Danilo his credit as one of the best long-range shooters in the NBA, which is something LeBron/Wade could really use) but they offer a city that LOVES basketball (the Knicks still have sellouts at home even though the team has sucked for 10 years, whereas the Heat rarely sell out despite the fact that Wade plays there), the biggest market in the entire world, and the opportunity to play with another max contract player.

It's a tough call. LeBron/Wade/Johnson doesn't really make sense in Chicago, the Nets would be a good team but they'd have to play in Newark, and Miami's overall uninterested in the success of the Heat, so New York seems like the best city to go.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I simply dont get it...

Only Mia. can end up with even 3 of the 4, so are they meeting to discuss the odd man out?

Are they planning on drawing boundries lines with one another, like "If I go here, you cant go here" or we to believe their picking teammates like we pick teams when playing pickup like "I got him on my team, and you get him on your team"

If this was true, then Mia. is the real winner because all D Wade would be doing is plugging Mia.

I am willing to believe that their agents may all have such a meeting, but these dudes did not have a formal meeting with each other.

Red

TYPE-A
More good news

"In November of 2008, the day the Knicks cleared a large chunk of salary cap room by trading away Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph, Rose said on ESPN that credible sources told him that James and Bosh would sign with the Knicks in 2010."-Realgm.com

Hummm... is all the Chicago talk a deflection from the inevitable?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
"In November of 2008, the day the Knicks cleared a large chunk of salary cap room by trading away Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph, Rose said on ESPN that credible sources told him that James and Bosh would sign with the Knicks in 2010."-Realgm.com

Hummm... is all the Chicago talk a deflection from the inevitable?

I hope so! I started really to believe when we forced the Jeffries trade at the expense of draft picks. I could only reconcile that move if Walsh had some type of reassurance.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Walsh really liked Jordan Hill.

I don't think Walsh would dump Jordan Hill if he didn't know that he'd have a really good shot at landing a couple of max deals...