Knicks Draft Prospect: Jordan Crawford

CREDIT: Knicks.com

In the days leading up to the NBA Draft, NYKnicks.com will look at the players brought in by the Knicks for Predraft Workouts. A player's inclusion in this series of articles does not necessarily reflect the Knicks organization's preferences for the June 24 Draft at The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
We continue our series with a profile of Xavier guard Jordan Crawford.
Jordan Crawford spent just one season at Xavier, but he sure made the most out of it.

After sitting out a year after spending his freshman year at Indiana, where he averaged 9.7 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 2007-08, he exploded onto the scene this season with the Musketeers, averaging 20.5 points, 4.7 boards and 2.9 assists per game. He led the Atlantic 10 in scoring and was named the Sporting News and foxsports.com Conference Player of the Year.

The 21-year old Crawford finished the season by lighting up the NCAA tournament, leading Xavier into the Final Four by dropping 28 points against Minnesota and 27 vs. Pittsburgh. He also almost led them to a thrilling victory of second-seeded Kansas State, recording a career-high 32 points in the narrow 101-96 victory. As a result, he was named to the five-member NCAA Tournament All-West Regional team, which is quite an accomplishment for a sophomore.

Crawford, whose older brother Joe played briefly for the Knicks at the end of the 2008-09 season, is a 6-foot-4, 195-pound scoring sensation. He has big time range, seemingly able to score from anywhere on the court, and combined with his lightning quick ability to cut the rim is a handful to guard. One of the most impressive aspects of his offensive game is that he doesn?t get rattled by the opposition. Even when he has defenders draped all over him, Crawford is crafty enough with the ball to still get off a good shot.

While he is one of the best shot-makers in the draft, there is more to his game than simply piling up the points. He has the ability to play some point as he is a nifty passer and posses a strong handle. He is also a pesky defender who often seems to be one step ahead of his man.

Crawford is clearly one of the more exciting players available in this June?s draft, and is sure to be a fan favorite right off the bat. While he has the potential to be a big-time player down the line, he figures to provide nice pop off the bench as instant offense as a rookie.

Looks AWESOME! but we need to get lower in the draft.....Suggestions how to get a mid first rounder? pick?

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
nice video but no need to sell me on this guy

ive seen enough of him this season. the guy is extremely talented. hes definitely one of those guys who really has the potential to emerge as a very good player who was heavily passed over in the draft.

he has great athleticism, gets to the basket well and i love his mid range game. he has a nack also for hitting difficult shots

where is he projected? i would love to have him on this team

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Yeah dude... He's good. Same kid who famously dunked on Lebron and Nike tried to have the vid banned or some shit.

This is a poor version of it.

Also, if you wanna embed a youtube video in to your post, you copy the numbers and letters between the = and the & within the video link itself.

Here:

i9w8-8tMdZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w8-8tMdZg&feature=related

then you paste them between the youtube button in the advanced reply tools section.

smokes

Huge Member
He's projected 2nd round. If we got a 1st round pick it would be a risk to take this guy so early when he might be on the board when we get to pick again. Tough call. The kid looks good but we've seen plenty of medium height SG's come through the draft and not do a great deal.

Paul1355

All Star
Crawford looks like he is going to be a sleeper/gem in this draft. Sometimes you look at a guy and view a few clips adn just now he will be great, I had one of those moments when I checked out this guy.

Anyone who just drives and dunks over Lebron has balls, big balls are perfect for NY.

nice video but no need to sell me on this guy

ive seen enough of him this season. the guy is extremely talented. hes definitely one of those guys who really has the potential to emerge as a very good player who was heavily passed over in the draft.

he has great athleticism, gets to the basket well and i love his mid range game. he has a nack also for hitting difficult shots

where is he projected? i would love to have him on this team
Draft Express has him as the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'd love to get Jordan Crawford too because frankly I think he's that good. One thing I really like about him is his confidence. He's ready to **** people up in the NBA and we need a player who just wants to prove he's the man.

NY is all about getting your ego fed that's why he'd fit in pretty well here

I'd love to get Jordan Crawford too because frankly I think he's that good. One thing I really like about him is his confidence. He's ready to **** people up in the NBA and we need a player who just wants to prove he's the man.

NY is all about getting your ego fed that's why he'd fit in pretty well here

If we were able to trade up into the late first roud and get him, then trade one of our our Second round picks plus cash for another mid first round pick, we could draft him and Solomon Alabi. then trade our other second pick, plus next years second round pick for a late first rounder so we can draft
Dominuque Jones.

so next year....

PG: Toney Douglas
SG: LeBron James
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: David Lee
C: Solomon Alabi

BENCH

Al Harrington
Earl Barron
Wilson Chandler
Dominque Jones
Jordan Crawford
Eddy Curry
Bill Walker
JR Giddens
Jeff Foote (undrafted)
Tracy McGrady

If we were able to trade up into the late first roud and get him, then trade one of our our Second round picks plus cash for another mid first round pick, we could draft him and Solomon Alabi. then trade our other second pick, plus next years second round pick for a late first rounder so we can draft
Dominuque Jones.

so next year....

PG: Toney Douglas
SG: LeBron James
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: David Lee
C: Solomon Alabi

BENCH

Al Harrington
Earl Barron
Wilson Chandler
Dominque Jones
Jordan Crawford
Eddy Curry
Bill Walker
JR Giddens
Jeff Foote (undrafted)
Tracy McGrady

1. If we are going to get Alabi it is going to cost us at least one of our 2nd round picks plus cash, which would immediately scratch either Crawford or Jones from that roster.

2. Lebron isn't coming if David Lee stays. Personally, I would like to see it but i don't think it is a realistic scenario. The King is probably going to want to play with another superstar and DLee is not quite there yet.

3. 6 shooting guards? no back-up point guards? Eddy Curry still there?

Sorry, I just got a stomach ache looking at that.

1. If we are going to get Alabi it is going to cost us at least one of our 2nd round picks plus cash, which would immediately scratch either Crawford or Jones from that roster.

2. Lebron isn't coming if David Lee stays. Personally, I would like to see it but i don't think it is a realistic scenario. The King is probably going to want to play with another superstar and DLee is not quite there yet.

3. 6 shooting guards? no back-up point guards? Eddy Curry still there?

Sorry, I just got a stomach ache looking at that.
Eddy curry stays because next year we can use that moneu for a max contract.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Why do we always seem to go either after shooting guards or small forwards?

We dont even have ONE CENTER or ONE PG in OUR TEAM.

Many of us think Lebron will fix our problems, but no no we need a PG who can play NBA basketball, and a good Center who can rebound, block shots, score, and secure the paint.

ANd then, Lebron would be just the perfect addition to that to run for a championship.

I would try to buy first round picks from teams instead of signing with guys like Joe Johnson (30), Boozer, Bosh ( who I dont even like).

This scenario would be nice, Sign Rudy Gay (23), res sign David Lee (homegrown - 2010 ALLSTAR),

With the rest of the money try to make scenarios where we can get 2 first round picks for this year, and pick a POint Guard and a Center. Then of course trade Wilson Chandler ( useless ) for someone decent like Tyrus Thomas.

:)

Danilo

Benchwarmer

Many of us think Lebron will fix our problems, but no no we need a PG who can play NBA basketball, and a good Center who can rebound, block shots, score, and secure the paint.

ANd then, Lebron would be just the perfect addition to that to run for a championship.

I would try to buy first round picks from teams instead of signing with guys like Joe Johnson (30), Boozer, Bosh ( who I dont even like).

This scenario would be nice, Sign Rudy Gay (23), res sign David Lee (homegrown - 2010 ALLSTAR),

With the rest of the money try to make scenarios where we can get 2 first round picks for this year, and pick a POint Guard and a Center. Then of course trade Wilson Chandler ( useless ) for someone decent like Tyrus Thomas.

yea, were gonna trade wilson chandler for an unrestricted FA.

Paul1355

All Star

we can sign a max free agent and get a nice PG/Center combo...it is not talked about as much, but it will happen

batigol89

Rookie
I really like this kid from what I've seen. His feet movement shows that he can become a star. Really surprised to see him as a 2nd pick.

Only thing I haven't seen from him(in clips of course) is a good drive to the basket. If he manages to bring that in his game he will definitely be a great player.