Carmelo isn't coming!!!!

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I hate the unrealistic nature of many of the posters on this site that casually say: "I want to wait next year until Carmelo is a free agent".

YOU'RE PARTIALLY BRAIN DAMAGED IF YOU THINK THIS IS A REALISTIC POSSIBILITY.

Why you may ask?

1. He has a team prepared to grow and get better
The Nuggets as is have one of the best teams in the Western Conference, arguably they could have matched up well with the Lakers if they had made it past Utah. They have each player playing his natural position with a deep bench. Billups is one of the biggest clutch performers in the league, Afflalo is a deep threat and a great perimeter defender, Melo is Melo..., Kenyon Martin is the enforcer who provides veteran leadership, and Nene is the post presence and toughness in the paint. Off the bench they have J.R. Smith, who is a 6th man of the year worthy talent, and not to mention a budding young PG of the future in Ty Lawson. Denver will be set for years even with Billups on the down turn of his career. Why leave a situation that will only get better with a young, and dangerous team?

2. They can offer him the most money...so why opt out?
Simple enough. Is he willing to leave 30 million on the table? I'll tell you right now, no owner in the NBA is giving LeBron-like control of an organization to Carmelo Anthony...

3. What indication has anyone within the Knicks organization given to the media about a possible Carmelo to NYC move?
If anything, Walsh has made it perfectly clear that the plan is, and will always be 2010. It's LeBron and co. or bust people. Whoever we get this year is who Donnie intends to build upon. He would not have traded away our drafting ability for YEARS, along with a 2011 EXPIRING CONTRACT (obvious enough?) to hope that Carmelo Anthony will jump ship and come running to the Knicks....

4. What indication has Melo given that he isn't happy in Denver?
People took his comments about NY way out of context. How come when anyone else makes a comment about the bright lights of the city, people don't automatically assume they are coming when they have an opt-out clause in their contract? It's merely speculation. Melo has made no ACTUAL indication that he is even going to opt out of his current contract...

I don't mean to crush many of your dreams, but this is NOT happening.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What an odd and untimely rant. With approx 3 weeks left until free agency, what reason do you have to make this thread other than you want to make a point of how stupid other people are? Bad day? On line enemy?

We have more imminent issues other than Carmelo. He was only ever referred to as a plan B in the wake of a likely failure with a flawed plan A anyway. Every cloud etc.

Donnie has given no indication about any interests in Melo because (seeing you haven't realised) he has presently got more pressing things to consider. The anticipation of a plan 2 years in the making and there's a thread about Melo not being a Knick next year?

Random.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He's right though. If Plan A fails, Plan B is not "wait 'til next year". That won't happen. Donnie will put together a competitive team this year. With or without Lebron

You also forgot to mention the new CBA coming next year. Melo has a player option for next year. In other words, he would have to forfit a lot of money in order to be a free agent next year. He will not do that in a CBA year. That would be stupid of him. Look for Melo to sign an extension by the end of this year.

I am also tired of people saying "we should wait til next year for CP3". CP3 is not a free agent next year. Neither is Dwight Howard.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hope you guys are wrong. I lived in Denver for a time and underneath its seamingly liberal/cosmopolitan appearance, Denver is a bigoted cowtown. I was living in Denver when they roasted Chris Jackson for respectfully declining to participate in the national anthem. At the same time they were having KKK rallies on the steps of the state capital and probably are to this day. Melo would be stupid to sign a big contract there because he doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes. Making bigger money out there would put Melo squarely in the crosshairs. Look what happened to Kobe. Melo needs to slide out of town at first opportunity and come home to NYC to make his bread. Call me what you want, this is real talk, and I put that on Chief.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer

i guess half of the knicks fans in this forum .. and across the world are brain damaged thinking lebron will come 2 nyc right ? ... dude anything is possible ... if we strike out on lebron on july ... donnie stated this team will look so much better .. that if melo does come it will be a instant problem for any team ....

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

i guess half of the knicks fans in this forum .. and across the world are brain damaged thinking lebron will come 2 nyc right ? ... dude anything is possible ... if we strike out on lebron on july ... donnie stated this team will look so much better .. that if melo does come it will be a instant problem for any team ....
Nice try...we traded away 2011 cap space and lottery picks for more cap space fpr LeBron...two entirely different scenarios.

LJ made a great point about the CBA. The 2011 FA class is going to look pretty hurting once Noah, Horford, Melo, and Durant are locked up long term under the current CBA.

XH20X

Rookie
First of all this topic is completely out of nowhere and doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Unless you have some sort of magic crystal ball there is no way in hell you can predict what will happen in the next 1 and a half years from now.

Second of all, anything can happen within an organization, fued, injuries, trades. Also, if George Karl is not 100% percent or is not able to fulfill his duties as Nuggets head coach, they might not be able to make it to the playoffs or barely even make it. If the nuggets miss the playoffs for any reason, Melo will leave. Also if Karl resigns, for any reason, Melo will leave. Denver is not the greatest of places to play plus I see no where in the near future they will ever win an nba championship. Billups is get up there in age and is probably going to be less effective. All I can say is time will tell, will Melo stay in Denver for the money or good to another team that might have a better shot at winning for less money? There is no way you can predict what will happen in the summer of 2011.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Here's one thing.

Carmelo was visibly upset with the organization after the way they bowed out of the playoffs against the Jazz.

That's all I'm going to say.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The way I see it, its been a lot of so called "unrealistic" views going on with the Knicks and their fans for 2 years now. It's always been a fantasy that we would get Lebron and/or Wade. There is nothing garuanteed that says we will definately get Lebron or Wade or Bosh... Yet Knick fans are going on as if it is a 100% certainty that it will happen. So I personally don't see a difference in the two.

I read that the Knicks traded picks and salary to get Lebron... But does that mean we WILL get lebron? Or the Knicks just made those moves with the CHANCE to get Lebron. I think some people are unrealistic in thinking playing for the Knicks is the ONLY option for lebron or Wade or Bosh etc etc

dave2138

Rotation player
The way I see it, its been a lot of so called "unrealistic" views going on with the Knicks and their fans for 2 years now. It's always been a fantasy that we would get Lebron and/or Wade. There is nothing garuanteed that says we will definately get Lebron or Wade or Bosh... Yet Knick fans are going on as if it is a 100% certainty that it will happen. So I personally don't see a difference in the two.

I read that the Knicks traded picks and salary to get Lebron... But does that mean we WILL get lebron? Or the Knicks just made those moves with the CHANCE to get Lebron. I think some people are unrealistic in thinking playing for the Knicks is the ONLY option for lebron or Wade or Bosh etc etc

Where else are they going to go? Cleveland is not a realistic option for Lebron anymore. To me, its never been a realistic option. People overrated his love for his hometown and the extra money he'll get if he resigns. None of that matters if he doesn't have the best supporting players to win a championship.

It really comes down to New York vs. Chicago. If Lebron chooses NY, its fair to think that Bosh will come too. Which is more likely to happen...Lebron choose to play in the bigger city NY, with the better #2 Chris Bosh. Or choose Chicago to play with Rose/Noah?

Paul1355

All Star
dude once Chauncey Billups gets old teh only reason Carmelo has to stay is to be with Ty Lawson and if Lawson's court vision aint as good as Billups then Carmelo will bolt.

Carmelo needs a good PG with him and hoepfully we can have something by 2011.

Carmelo is a NY native so we are his best shot come free agency if he doesn't sign an extension this year.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Where else are they going to go? Cleveland is not a realistic option for Lebron anymore. To me, its never been a realistic option. People overrated his love for his hometown and the extra money he'll get if he resigns. None of that matters if he doesn't have the best supporting players to win a championship.

It really comes down to New York vs. Chicago. If Lebron chooses NY, its fair to think that Bosh will come too. Which is more likely to happen...Lebron choose to play in the bigger city NY, with the better #2 Chris Bosh. Or choose Chicago to play with Rose/Noah?

Post like this is what I'm talking about. Where else could he go?? Well he could go to Miami, he COULD go to the Clippers, he COULD go to any team he wishes to go to. I love playing what if scenarios, but a lot of you guys are not playing the what if game, you are more like WHEN it happens. so IF it doesn't happen, i for one WILL start hoping and praying that Melo sees the door of opportunity that Lebron left open for him to become a Worldwide Superstar by joining the Knicks and starting the new greatest rivalry EVER